HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:21 pm

Quote :
Steelers Coach Mike Tomlin said Antonio Brown’s recovery from a calf injury that forced him to miss the final two games of the regular season is “going well,” but he did not indicate if he will be ready to return when the Steelers begin the postseason on Jan. 14.

But, Tomlin said if the Steelers were playing a game this weekend, he would characterize Brown’s status as questionable.

“I saw [Brown] this morning and his progress is going well,” Tomlin said Tuesday at his weekly news conference at the UPMC Rooney Sports Complex on the South Side.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/01/02/Steelers-Tomlin-Antonio-Brown-recovery-calf-injury-going-well-playoffs/stories/201801020083
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:12 am

Honestly I think we can win in the payoffs without him. I don't think if we end up in Foxboro we can pull it off without him.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:20 am

@solardave wrote:
Honestly I think we can win in the payoffs without him. I don't think if we end up in Foxboro we can pull it off without him.

So you would be ok limiting his reps in the divisional game, then put him on full rotation in the AFC Championship game?

That's what I'm thinking would be best. Plus it doesn't give the Patriots****** new game film on the entire complexity of having all our weapons at our disposal.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:28 am

It looks like AB is making good progress:

Video: Antonio Brown Back Running Routes Again In Florida With Chad Johnson

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/01/video-antonio-brown-back-running-routes-florida-chad-johnson/
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:46 am

Good news but unless we play the Jags next week I still think we rest him one more week.
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Just read he will be 100% for next week
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:38 pm

@TollingtheBell26 wrote:
Just read he will be 100% for next week

Then no one can keep him out of this game if he is 100%.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:03 am

They said that Brown would've been ready had the Steelers been playing in the Wildcard round. Now he's just got that extra bit of time to heal up and shake of the little (if any) rust he might have since being hurt. Brown is going to be extra motivated as well with Jacksonville's secondary talking shit after they barely got by the Buffalo Bills.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:13 am

Sounds like AB is ready to open up a can on the Jags. I agree Iowa that he'll be motivated but I also think Ben, Alualu and pretty much everyone else will be too.

My bold prediction for next weeks AFC games:

Titans- 24
Cheats- 21

Steelers-30
Jags- 24

NFC- Doesn't matter because the winner in their NFCCG will be playing us.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:04 am

@solardave wrote:
Sounds like AB is ready to open up a can on the Jags. I agree Iowa that he'll be motivated but I also think Ben, Alualu and pretty much everyone else will be too.

Titans- 24
Cheats- 21

Steelers-30
Jags- 24

That certainly is one helluva bold prediction. Don't see it happening, but certainly would be awesome!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:10 pm

Ed Bouchette at PPG reported AB returned to practice today and said he feels good.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:37 pm

Mike Tomlin 'excited' about Antonio Brown's health heading into Jaguars game

Quote :
Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said he is excited about where NFL receiving leader Antonio Brown is health-wise, and his availability for Sunday’s playoff game against Jacksonville will be based on how he continues to practice.

Tomlin said Brown, who has been out since sustaining a calf injury Dec. 17, was a full participant in practice Monday but cautioned “we can’t take steps backward” in regard to his health.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/01/09/antonio-brown-injury-calf-steelers-jaguars-preview-afc-divisional-round-nfl/stories/201801090114
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:52 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@solardave wrote:

Titans- 24
Cheats- 21

Steelers-30
Jags- 24

That certainly is one helluva bold prediction.  Don't see it happening, but certainly would be awesome!

I wouldn't write the Titans off, mainly because of their running game. The Patriots* defense has holes. If the Titans can run the ball, and win the ToP battle they'll have a chance.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:42 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@solardave wrote:

Titans- 24
Cheats- 21

Steelers-30
Jags- 24

That certainly is one helluva bold prediction.  Don't see it happening, but certainly would be awesome!

I wouldn't write the Titans off, mainly because of their running game. The Patriots** defense has holes. If the Titans can run the ball, and win the ToP battle they'll have a chance.

I don't necessarily believe the Titans can win...in fact think they will not. That being said this is going to end at some point for the cheats. Everyone from media to fans think that they are unbeatable. They are not. They are not going to continue going to AFC CG games and SBs. Sooner or later someone will knock them off. I wouldn't mind it being the Titans but would much prefer it being the Steelers.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'   

Back to top Go down

Mike Tomlin: Antonio Brown's recovery is 'going well'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: