HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:02 pm

@zcoop wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steel Curtain? More like the wet paper towel. Butler needs to be fired. He has made zero adjustments, and the mental mistakes have cost us this game.

Proud of our offense fighting back, this loss is on the defense. They managed to make Blake Bortles look like Joe Montana, and couldn't stop the run to save their lives.

I disagree. The offense gave Jax a 14 point spot. Can't do that in the playoffs against any team. Turnovers loses games.

The offense is the singular reason we're in this game. If the defense played well at all we wouldn't of given up this many points. Yes turnovers hurt, but did our defense do anything today? No turnovers generated, and zero sacks. Big plays given up over, and over, and over again. Red zone defense gave up nothing but TDs, they never managed to hold the Jagoffs to a field goal. Without our offense we would've never been in this game.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
zcoop

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:03 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@zcoop wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Steel Curtain? More like the wet paper towel. Butler needs to be fired. He has made zero adjustments, and the mental mistakes have cost us this game.

Proud of our offense fighting back, this loss is on the defense. They managed to make Blake Bortles look like Joe Montana, and couldn't stop the run to save their lives.

I disagree. The offense gave Jax a 14 point spot. Can't do that in the playoffs against any team. Turnovers loses games.

The offense is the singular reason we're in this game. If the defense played well at all we wouldn't of given up this many points. Yes turnovers hurt, but did our defense do anything today? No turnovers generated, and zero sacks. Big plays given up over, and over, and over again. Without our offense we would've never been in this game.

Take away the 14 points and we have a tied game. Right?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:04 pm

The Defense is the reason this game is lost. Butler just isn’t that good of a D coordinator.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:06 pm

@zcoop wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@zcoop wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

The offense is the singular reason we're in this game. If the defense played well at all we wouldn't of given up this many points. Yes turnovers hurt, but did our defense do anything today? No turnovers generated, and zero sacks. Big plays given up over, and over, and over again. Without our offense we would've never been in this game.

Tell me about our redzone defense. If these clowns would've held Jacksonville to a FG or gotten a stop or two we would be in a better position. The offense was far more consistent than the Defense. Period.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:07 pm

Oh look the offense scores again.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:09 pm

WHY KICK ONSIDE WTF WAS THAT!!!!

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

Why do the onside? Wtf?
Back to top Go down
zcoop

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@zcoop wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@zcoop wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

Tell me about our redzone defense. If these clowns would've held Jacksonville to a FG or gotten a stop or two we would be in a better position. The offense was far more consistent than the Defense. Period.

The D has not played well but I think you miss my point about the point total. It's all good, I'll leave it there.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:12 pm

The D gave out TDs like free candy on Halloween.

Thanks Tomlin, thanks for pissing our last chance down the drain by idiotically trying for an onside when we still had two timeouts and over two minutes left.

Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:13 pm

They need to fire this whole staff. Period. All the talent this team has this is inexcusable
Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:15 pm

if im JAx, i go for it.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:16 pm

I can't remember a season more stressful than this one. We don't deserve to advance but at least the officials can call PI when the DB is over top of you from behind. Even dumbass Fouts called it PI.

I don't hold much hope out for our current secondary. I won't be surprised if Butler and Haley are gone. The points we have are by Ben and sheer willpower by our WRs today. We'd be better off with Ben calling his own plays.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:18 pm

Another year of underachievement
Back to top Go down
OX1947

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:19 pm

@solardave wrote:
I can't remember a season more stressful than this one. We don't deserve to advance but at least the officials can call PI when the DB is over top of you from behind. Even dumbass Fouts called it PI.

I don't hold much hope out for our current secondary. I won't be surprised if Butler and Haley are gone. The points we have are by Ben and sheer willpower by our WRs today. We'd be better off with Ben calling his own plays.

I cant remember a more wasteful season than this one.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:21 pm

13-3 season then 1 and done in the playoffs. Freaking pathetic. Horrible coaching decisions all day. Need to make some changes there. Too much talent on this team for this garbage.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:24 pm

Direct quote from WPXI staff writer.

https://twitter.com/johnklocko/status/952651801920143361
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:28 pm

This loss is squarely on the defense and Keith Butler.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:30 pm

The defense, and ridiculously awful coaching decisions. That onside kick attempt was the dumbest fucking decision I've ever seen them make.

I'm rooting for New England next week, and then for New England to lose the Super Bowl.

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:32 pm

Your QB throws for 5 TD and almost 500 yards and your defense can't help win the fucking game. This is an absolute disgrace. All the D had to do is stop the damn run but hell no. Worst season ever when you consider the talent we have. We lost this game because we didn't have Shazier. Just one or two plays from him probably would have helped us pull off the win. Don't get me wrong I love Shazier but we should have won without him. I don't know if I care to watch football anymore.
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:37 pm

Fire this whole staff. Start fresh. Same shit every year in the playoffs. 13-3 and you get thumped. Something has to give here. If the Rooneys have any brains at all they'll make some changes
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:38 pm

^ Seconded. This incarnation of the team isn't working. Start over.
Back to top Go down
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:46 pm

Bad defence
Bad play calls
Bad officiating by the officials,

I'd be bloody apopleptic at the officals calls if I didn't think that we didn't deserve to go through with that defending.
Back to top Go down
Rick5895
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:47 pm

I'm not putting this on Butler, Yes the D struggles today, but they've struggled since Shazier was injured. They built the D around him. To me this game came down to 3 calls, the 2 4th and 1 calls where they should have run the ball up the middle and the onside kick which shouldn't have happened. They DO need changes..., Ive never been an advocate to blame coaches, but Haley and his ridiculous play calls early and the 4th and 1's cost us the game. It's hard to blame Danny Smith, because ultimately that onside kick is on Tomlin, but our ST has not been good this year. We've had the occasional big play but absolutely no consistency. The only reason we had a chance is because of Ben and his ability to make plays.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:48 pm

So disappointing at the end of the day. Defense didn't show up, and I think they were looking ahead to New England. We really need to revamp this defense. We still don't have a dominant pass rusher. Bud Dupree has been awful this season. We need help at safety, Mitchell isn't hacking it. The coaching was abysmal today. Butler didn't make any meaningful adjustments and his defense was awful from beginning to end.

Tomlin should bd held accountable as well for his decisions. I just can't wrap my head around that onside kick. Three points was the difference, because of that decision.

Back to top Go down
zcoop

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Tomlin, Butler, Haley and Ben all contributed to the loss. Folks want to jump the coaches but Ben gave the Jags the turnovers that lead to 14 points. He played well afterwards but the damage was already done.

Nobody gets a pass, at lease with me they don't. If Jax can get Brady to turn the ball over, they beat the Pats* but I doubt that will happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   

Back to top Go down

Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: