HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11329
Likes : 772
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:51 am

A little hint from former Steelers RB - Williams:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/09/former-steeler-deangelo-williams-dropping-truth-bombs-about-todd-haley/?ref=yfp

Quote :
"If Todd Haley doesn't run the damn ball like he should have the first time, they should fire his ass." @DeAngeloRB on the Steelers and Jags rematch this weekend. D always brings the heat!

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

avatar

Posts : 332
Likes : 64
Join date : 2015-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:11 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
A little hint from former Steelers RB - Williams:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/01/09/former-steeler-deangelo-williams-dropping-truth-bombs-about-todd-haley/?ref=yfp

Quote :
"If Todd Haley doesn't run the damn ball like he should have the first time, they should fire his ass." @DeAngeloRB on the Steelers and Jags rematch this weekend. D always brings the heat!

He's right. You have the best back in the league, no reason to not run the ball as much as possible
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 860
Likes : 158
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:35 am

My feeling is that the Jaguars have no chance, but I thought the same thing before the week 5 matchup.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3517
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:25 am

9 Steelers defenders in the box got to stop the Jagoffs running game first.

watch the Jags vs Bills game the Bills stop the run with defenders in the box and shut down the Jags offense.

_________________
you can't always get no satisfaction  
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 698
Likes : 169
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:10 am

Is anyone else about sick and tired of hearing and reading how the Jags beat the Steelers 2x in 2007? I don't think the Jags have a single player or coach left over from 2007. What relevance does that hold now?

_________________
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11329
Likes : 772
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:30 am

@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Is anyone else about sick and tired of hearing and reading how the Jags beat the Steelers 2x in 2007? I don't think the Jags have a single player or coach left over from 2007. What relevance does that hold now?

No. Matter of fact, I hope they continue to beat the dead horse. Build up the bulletin board material for when the team leaves the locker room. Team shouldn't need it, but let's face it, I think every person when doubted feels a since of urgency to rise up.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3457
Likes : 589
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:51 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Is anyone else about sick and tired of hearing and reading how the Jags beat the Steelers 2x in 2007? I don't think the Jags have a single player or coach left over from 2007. What relevance does that hold now?

No.  Matter of fact, I hope they continue to beat the dead horse.  Build up the bulletin board material for when the team leaves the locker room.  Team shouldn't need it, but let's face it, I think every person when doubted feels a since of urgency to rise up.  


I agree Truck. I think they should talk trash all day long so we get fired up. I've always liked the way we play with a chip on our shoulders.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 698
Likes : 169
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:05 pm

@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@LambertWardSteel wrote:
Is anyone else about sick and tired of hearing and reading how the Jags beat the Steelers 2x in 2007? I don't think the Jags have a single player or coach left over from 2007. What relevance does that hold now?

No.  Matter of fact, I hope they continue to beat the dead horse.  Build up the bulletin board material for when the team leaves the locker room.  Team shouldn't need it, but let's face it, I think every person when doubted feels a since of urgency to rise up.  


I agree Truck. I think they should talk trash all day long so we get fired up. I've always liked the way we play with a chip on our shoulders.

You guys are right. I wasn't really thinking of it from that angle. I was just getting tired of hearing it like it was going to have some bearing on this weekend's game.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17545
Likes : 1468
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:23 pm

Antonio Brown expected to play Sunday despite illness

Just when it looks like Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown is healthy again, he faces another issue that kept him off the practice field Friday. However, coach Mike Tomlin indicated Brown is expected to play Sunday.

Brown was sent home from practice due to an illness completely unrelated to his calf injury, which kept him sidelined for the final two regular season games of the year, but he was a full participant Wednesday and Thursday.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-antonio-brown-injury-update-steelers-vs-jaguars-return-calf-illness-misses-practice/befnifwk6nol1o6z8w0060th4

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Jazzo

avatar

Posts : 225
Likes : 71
Join date : 2015-04-13
Location : Pacific NW

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:55 pm


_________________
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3457
Likes : 589
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:56 am

Tunch Ilkin's 3 keys to the game: http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Tunchs-Keys-to-Steelers-vs-Jaguars/821f9120-2d4a-4aa2-bcab-6b12128f2459
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17545
Likes : 1468
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:36 pm

Antonio Brown injury update: Steelers WR will 'give it a go' vs. Jaguars

Antonio Brown isn't giving up now.

Following expectations that the Steelers wide receiver would undoubtedly be fully healthy by Sunday's AFC playoff game against the Jaguars, ESPN reported Saturday his injured calf is "not close to 100 percent."

The report, which cited unidentified sources, said Brown will still likely "give it a go" and added he will go through pregame warmups to test out his calf.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-2018-divisional-round-steelers-antonio-brown-injury-update-status-jaguars-stats/1ivj74k1wzi0m1vf1dveh7xdk1

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Gingerchip

avatar

Posts : 1451
Likes : 97
Join date : 2012-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:39 pm

Almost time to beat the Jag offs.

Steelers are going to be lit

_________________


Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 698
Likes : 169
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:47 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
Antonio Brown injury update: Steelers WR will 'give it a go' vs. Jaguars

Antonio Brown isn't giving up now.

Following expectations that the Steelers wide receiver would undoubtedly be fully healthy by Sunday's AFC playoff game against the Jaguars, ESPN reported Saturday his injured calf is "not close to 100 percent."

The report, which cited unidentified sources, said Brown will still likely "give it a go" and added he will go through pregame warmups to test out his calf.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-playoffs-2018-divisional-round-steelers-antonio-brown-injury-update-status-jaguars-stats/1ivj74k1wzi0m1vf1dveh7xdk1

Well, hopefully that's not accurate, but we've been here before I guess. This really sucks because they built it up all week like he was ready to go. It sure would be nice to have Ben-Bell-Brown for the playoffs for once. The cheats got a break 1st game that he wasn't out there after 2 catches, and now if they go onto NE next week they may get another break.

I know you want your best team out there vs. the Jags today, and I have no idea what another week will do for his leg, but if by resting he can get closer to 100% for next week it might be better to rest him today.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
avatar

Posts : 740
Likes : 284
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:58 am

If they can pull it off with out him I'd rather have a slightly healthier Brown against the cheats*.

_________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2192
Likes : 512
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:16 am

Saw the same story in ESPN...Brown isn't close to 100% and is considered a game time decision.
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

avatar

Posts : 332
Likes : 64
Join date : 2015-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:40 am

So some guy got arrested saying he was gonna carry out a mass shooting at Heinz and kill a bunch of steelers fans and players. So theres that....
Back to top Go down
Scottish Steeler
Xtreme Newb


Posts : 50
Likes : 49
Join date : 2015-12-29
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:47 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Let the revenge tour begin.

Anyone going to the game. Me and my son will be there. And for the record, Steelers are undefeated in games I've attended.


I won’t be there in person but my Scottish flag will be flying (in my absence) from the rotunda.

Go Steelers
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17545
Likes : 1468
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:55 pm

Heinz field is already rocking. Here we go

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Scottish Steeler
Xtreme Newb


Posts : 50
Likes : 49
Join date : 2015-12-29
Location : Edinburgh, Scotland

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:08 pm

Scottish Steeler checking in. I’ve missed you guys. A big shout out to my bro Zachary (Iowa steeler).
We got business to attend...this week and next.
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2192
Likes : 512
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:08 pm

The game did start Defense...in case you didn't get the message.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3517
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:10 pm

soft damn defense

_________________
you can't always get no satisfaction  
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2192
Likes : 512
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:13 pm

That was way too easy for the Jags. But hey, Mitchell, Tomlin, and everyone else are already game planning for New England. No need to worry about this game.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3517
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:13 pm

Jags still have the Steelers Number. playoff game and they come out looking like ugly little puppies.

_________________
you can't always get no satisfaction  
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3517
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:15 pm

hope the offense shows up or maybe the team went to Jacksonville.


_________________
you can't always get no satisfaction  
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)   

Back to top Go down
 
Steelers vs. Jaguars (Round 2)
Back to top 
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: