HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 am

So Saturday starts the Divisional Round playoff games - here's the skinny on all the games:

Falcons @ Eagles
Saturday 1/13 - 4:35PM Kickoff
FALCONS - In their game against the Rams, they showed they can still play defense and their offense can still put up some points. As much as I was hoping to see the Rams win, the Falcons proved they belonged in the playoffs.
EAGLES - Coming off an amazing season, but limped down the stretch. Nick Foles at QB has some fans questioning how long the team can maintain it's composure. Don't let the offense blind you at how aggressive their defense can be. Even the Rams game Matty Ice some trouble.

PREDICTION: Eagles defense saves the season and Nick Foles does enough to not lose the game. Eagles win by 10 with a dominating performance by their front 7. 27-17 Eagles.

Titans @ Patriots******
Saturday 1/13 - 8:15PM Kickoff
TITANS - Titans fans should buy a lottery ticket this week considering the luck they had in KC. However, it's going to take a better, stronger, and harder performance on Saturday to come out of Foxboro victorious. Defense is going to have to get some stops along the way, and the offense is going to have to put up at least 35 points to win.
Patriots****** - so the drama queens have more drama. Is their a Brady - Belichick -Kraft feud? Is it all hogwash? The Patriots****** have all the weapons to knock the Titans around.

PREDICTION: Patriots****** run away with this one after the Titans keep it close in the first quarter. I don't expect the Titans to have an answer for Gronk. However, there's hope the Titans come in and at least knock them around for all four quarters.

Jaguars @ Steelers
Sunday 1/14 - 1:05PM Kickoff
JAGUARS - They have the 2nd ranked defense to build to their resume, but their offense lacks the fire power to match. The old cliche, 'Defense wins championships' has been played out for several years now. The Jags are going to have to rely on Fournette and Bortles to win this game. The latter doesn't feel so reliable, but they didn't get to this game by relying solely on Bortles - don't expect them to put the game in his hands unless Fournette proves unable to make gains.
STEELERS - This team has been a team of last chances. Other than the Patriots****** game (and the poor officiating) in week 15, they've been successful pulling out victories. This game is also about redemption. Ben threw 5 INT in a week 5 matchup against the Jags. Ben wants to prove it was a fluke. Defensively, the Steelers are better off selling out to the run, keep Fournette in check and push Bortles to have to win this game. Offensively, it's all about scoring TDs, not FGs!

PREDICTION: This game has the feel of an upset, but the Steelers are playing for redemption. Not just the week 5 debacle, but to get back to the AFC Championship where they were embarrassed last year. So while it has the feel of an upset, it has more of a feel of a beat down. Steelers roll 30-17.

Saints @ Vikings
Sunday 1/14 - 4:40PM Kickoff
SAINTS - don't believe Drew Brees still can do it? Look at his long ball to Ted Ginn Jr to open up the scoring last night. Think that Saints defense can't get the job done? Ask Newton. All 4 teams left in the NFC can get the scoring done, but the difference is Drew has better consistency at making it happen. Defensively they are designed to take it to the Vikings. They may also be looking for a shot at redemption themselves after the beating they took against the Vikings in week 1.
VIKINGS - This isn't about looking pretty. It is about not looking ugly. The Vikings have the making of a great 2017 story line. Case Keenum has been special throughout the season. The question is, can he remain calm, cool, and collective in the playoffs? Vikings also boast the #1 ranked defense in the league. They'll need it to take down the Saints.

PREDICTION: I want to pick the Saints. They showed me something yesterday, but I can't put my finger on it. Maybe they showed me something because of the defense they were playing. I want to pick the Vikings because they have that Cinderella feeling. This will most likely be the game of the week and it'll come down to the wire, but I'm expecting Case Keenum to not lose the game and the Vikings defense to own it. Vikings win 24-20.

If my predictions hold true this is our Championship games:
NFC
Vikings @ Eagles

AFC
Steelers @ Patriots******

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:29 pm

It seems like a Falcons win but maybe Eagles D and running game are good enough to pull it off.

I think Titans have no chance. I keep wanting to think LeBeau is going to dial up a crazy good game plan but likely won't happen. I read at USA Today that brady was 6 TDs, 5 INTs, 81.6 QB rating in December.

Steelers win. We got to 2nd straight AFC CG with a chance to slay the dragon.

I think Saints win.

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:38 am

It's play-offs so teams with the best QB win 80% of the games.
So my prediction is Steelers @ Patriots* and Falcons @ Saints.

I only expect Saints @ Vikings to be close to be honest.
Back to top Go down
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:14 pm

I fully expect Atlanta to knock off Philly. Eagles are going nowhere without Wentz. I'd like to see a huge upset with Tennessee beating NE but I dont see that happening. Steelers will win and Saints-Vikings will probably be the best game but I think Minnesotas D will come out on top....Steelers-Pats*, Falcons-Vikings for CGs
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Steelers-Patriots*
Saints-Falcons

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:54 pm

Steelers vs Falcons Super Bowl.

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:11 am

Nice write-up Truck!

My predictions:
Jaguars @ Steelers - 35-17 Steelers
Titans @ Patriots* - 27-23 Titans (Upset Special)
Saints @ Vikings - 31-28 Vikings
Falcons @ Eagles - 24-21 Falcons

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:36 pm

God. New England looks unstoppable.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 pm

I don't think any of us are surprised that the Patriots* rolled the Titans. Take care of business tomorrow and we get our revenge next Sunday.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
TollingtheBell26

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:17 am

@jak341 wrote:

I wouldnt say that, the Titans suck, and the refs once again helped with quite a few bullshit calls in the first half. I wanna beat those fuckers so bad
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:51 am

@TollingtheBell26 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

I wouldnt say that, the Titans suck, and the refs once again helped with quite a few bullshit calls in the first half. I wanna beat those fuckers so bad

plus the Patriots* know how to eat up a Dick LeBeau defense plus the Titans talent isn't all there.

Yes the fix is in for the Patriots* and your have to everyone on the field.

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:44 am

Both of those games sucked ass yesterday. Wild card weekend was more entertaining. Hopefully todays games are good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions   

Back to top Go down

Divisional Round Playoff Games - previews & predictions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: