HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:47 pm

The question was about Le’Veon Bell and whether that money could be better served working on the defense. Dulac offered as part of his response, “I doubt Mike Mitchell will be back”, while also talking about the fact that they will need to find somebody to replace Ryan Shazier, discussing defensive changes. Later in the chat, he suggested that they could draft a strong safety and move Sean Davis to free safety, where he plays.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/02/gerry-dulac-doubt-mike-mitchell-will-back/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot%29

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:25 pm

Mike Mitchell will be making what 8 plus million next season time to cut him and but some of that into Bell's pocket. I'll take Bell over Mitchell all day long.

don't think Gay and Wilcox will be on the team when the season starts.

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:02 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
Mike Mitchell will be making what 8 plus million next season time to cut him and but some of that into Bell's pocket. I'll take Bell over Mitchell all day long.

All three of these guys won't be back with the Steelers next year...you can probably add Ramon Foster to that list as well.

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:41 pm

@Drizztbob wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

All three of these guys won't be back with the Steelers next year...you can probably add Ramon Foster to that list as well.

Foster won't be back but I really liked him undrafted and worked his butt off and made himself into a good NFL o-lineman.

I'm glad Munchak stayed to help the Steelers draft the picked over o-linemen who are a little skinny and raw that can be built up and coached up to be NFL quality o-linemen.

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:14 pm

But who will take bad angles now??

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:22 am

I think Mitchell is bi-polar. His out of control screaming at the littlest things is downright scary.

Never seen a guy do so little yet talk so much.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:45 am

@Crash wrote:

Bingo.

And that's why I dislike Mitchell. If a player wants to run his mouth, that's fine if he can back it up. Mitchell can't.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:42 am

Mitchell has lost a step. He doesn't seem to me to have the speed he had earlier in his career. He takes poor angles to the football, gets burnt in coverage, and puts big hits ahead of wrapping up which has lead to missed tackles. A couple of years ago, his quality of play was debatable. Right now it's on an obvious downward slide and he's writing checks that his ass can't cash. I think it's time to part ways, but my understanding is that if we cut him, we're not going to see salary cap benefits until next season, and there's the dead money this season if they do.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:38 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think it's time to part ways, but my understanding is that if we cut him, we're not going to see salary cap benefits until next season, and there's the dead money this season if they do.

Ouch I didn't see that. I thought we would be opening like 6 mil in cap space??

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:09 am

@Drizztbob wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I think it's time to part ways, but my understanding is that if we cut him, we're not going to see salary cap benefits until next season, and there's the dead money this season if they do.

Ouch I didn't see that.  I thought we would be opening like 6 mil in cap space??

That's what I keep reading in articles but I was talking with a guy on one of the Steelers pages that seemed to have a very intimate knowledge of the salary cap situation and he said that there's like a 3 Million hit in dead money and that the cap savings wouldn't be until next season because this isn't the last year of Mitchell's contract.

Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:49 pm

Cut him he has done nothing... let Allen take Davis spot move Davis to Mitchell’s spot. Snag a top 3round safety in the draft and let him compete with Allen and Davis in camp.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:06 am

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018-pittsburgh-steelers-free-agency-news-rumors/2018/2/2/16957798/steelers-burning-question-will-mike-mitchell-be-a-2018-salary-cap-casualty-nfl-salary-cap-safety

"A visible lack of closing speed and a reckless style led to a number of huge plays that might have otherwise not succeeded, and his play over the last two seasons has not justified what will be a price tag north of $8 million in 2018. Cutting him now would save the team $5 million, which should be more than enough to sign a high-caliber replacement while still saving cap space for this season."

I'd take the 5 mil and TJ Ward...

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:33 pm

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:10 pm

He's a poor man's Lee Flowers
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:34 am

Can't say I'll be sad to see him go. I did like Mike, but it's apparent he's lost a step at this point and makes to many mistakes on top of that. Hopefully we can find a playmaker in the draft.

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:59 am

@Crash wrote:
I think Mitchell is bi-polar.  His out of control screaming at the littlest things is downright scary.  

You're wrong Crash. What about all of his late hits that draw 15yds? That's something.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:40 am

@schillah wrote:
But who will take bad angles now??

It's the late hits drawing 15 that bother me most.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:42 am

@kirklandrules wrote:

I don't remember Lee Flowers being a loudmouth.
Back to top Go down
schillah

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:56 pm

@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:

Is this sarcasm? lol

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Mike Mitchell is a hitter in the wrong ERA. If this were 10 years ago, he would have been more effective. Unfortunately, the league is full of pussy ass defense, and DBs have to think about shit before they make hits now and that half a second is too big of a gap to make plays when it matters.
Back to top Go down
Crash

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:13 pm

@solardave wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:

Oh yeah he was. Used to celebrate tackles after giving up a big play also.

kirkland's assessment of both Mitchell and Flowers is spot on.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’   

Back to top Go down

Gerry Dulac: ‘I Doubt Mike Mitchell Will Be Back’
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: