HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Steelers cap issues

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Crash

avatar

Posts : 667
Likes : 14
Join date : 2014-08-07
Location : Pittsburgh Pa!

PostSubject: Steelers cap issues    Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:41 am

Here's the best site for our contract info:



https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/pittsburgh-steelers/
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3026
Likes : 549
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:37 am

We could save around 15.4 by losing Mitchell,Wilcox,Gay and DHB.

We may have to keep Mitchell for one more year by the other 3(saving us 7mil) are expendable IMO.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3130
Likes : 536
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:41 am

@solardave wrote:
We could save around 15.4 by losing Mitchell,Wilcox,Gay and DHB.

We may have to keep Mitchell for one more year by the other 3(saving us 7mil) are expendable IMO.

i'm off the signing Bell wagon again, the money just isn't there and the Steelers have other holes to fill besides RB.

_________________
Pigs rule, Dogs enforce, Sheep abide.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3026
Likes : 549
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:04 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
We could save around 15.4 by losing Mitchell,Wilcox,Gay and DHB.

We may have to keep Mitchell for one more year by the other 3(saving us 7mil) are expendable IMO.

i'm off the signing Bell wagon again, the money just isn't there and the Steelers have other holes to fill besides RB.

Depends on whether he comes to his senses. Judging by lately it could go either way. I see them tagging him again. Maybe not exclusive rights though. That way if he walks we get 2-1s for him.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3130
Likes : 536
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:46 pm

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
We could save around 15.4 by losing Mitchell,Wilcox,Gay and DHB.

We may have to keep Mitchell for one more year by the other 3(saving us 7mil) are expendable IMO.

i'm off the signing Bell wagon again, the money just isn't there and the Steelers have other holes to fill besides RB.

Depends on whether he comes to his senses. Judging by lately it could go either way. I see them tagging him again. Maybe not exclusive rights though. That way if he walks we get 2-1s for him.

tag and some other team picks him up would be great.

_________________
Pigs rule, Dogs enforce, Sheep abide.
Back to top Go down
Crash

avatar

Posts : 667
Likes : 14
Join date : 2014-08-07
Location : Pittsburgh Pa!

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:27 pm

A source told me today that the ice under Bell keeps getting thinner within the organization in regards to his future with this team.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2882
Likes : 1179
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:52 am

Honestly I wonder if he and his shenanigans are worth the money. He had one rush of what 27 yards that was his longest run of the season? He's a good back, and particularly good at catching the ball but he doesn't have the speed to be a home-run threat in the running game and maybe I'm wrong but I swear he's lost a step.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3026
Likes : 549
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:19 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Honestly I wonder if he and his shenanigans are worth the money. He had one rush of what 27 yards that was his longest run of the season? He's a good back, and particularly good at catching the ball but he doesn't have the speed to be a home-run threat in the running game and maybe I'm wrong but I swear he's lost a step.

I honestly don't think he had that step to loose.He never has been fast. He can go from stop to wide open for him and makes people miss but lately I don't know. He does seem like he is hesitant to hit the hole more than ever and that's why he's getting dropped in the backfield against aggressive defenses.
I said it more than once that it would be great to see Sequan Barkley ( will probably go #1) fall to us. I know, I know! Wish in one hand. I like Connor too and think he can be something special. Without Drama.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 506
Likes : 109
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:09 am

I just can’t see them paying a huge amount for a RB and not having to skim in other areas down the line. A big contract for Bell even one close to what was offered last year will put major issues on the cap for us.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2882
Likes : 1179
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:40 am

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Honestly I wonder if he and his shenanigans are worth the money. He had one rush of what 27 yards that was his longest run of the season? He's a good back, and particularly good at catching the ball but he doesn't have the speed to be a home-run threat in the running game and maybe I'm wrong but I swear he's lost a step.

I honestly don't think he had that step to loose.He never has been fast. He can go from stop to wide open for him and makes people miss but lately I don't know. He does seem like he is hesitant to hit the hole more than ever and that's why he's getting dropped in the backfield against aggressive defenses.
I said it more than once that it would be great to see Sequan Barkley ( will probably go #1)  fall to us. I know, I know! Wish in one hand. I like Connor too and think he can be something special. Without Drama.

He just looked extra slow to me this season. I think the run blocking was partially to blame for the lack of big running plays, but watching Bell he just looked a step slower than normal, and that's saying a lot, because as you yourself stated, he was never fast to begin with.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17394
Likes : 1450
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:51 pm


_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash

avatar

Posts : 667
Likes : 14
Join date : 2014-08-07
Location : Pittsburgh Pa!

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Ben will sign a 1-2 year extension next.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3026
Likes : 549
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:07 am

Last year we had cap room. Now we're back to what we've done for years,restructure. We know Bell can make this team better but he also can tear it apart. On game day watching what he does makes me want to sign but then he goes off on twitter saying some stupid shit and I forget the good and want him gone. I guess I'm on the fence about Bell.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3130
Likes : 536
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:03 am

@solardave wrote:
Last year we had cap room. Now we're back to what we've done for years,restructure. We know Bell can make this team better but he also can tear it apart. On game day watching what he does makes me want to sign but then he goes off on twitter saying some stupid shit and I forget the good and want him gone.I guess I'm on the fence about Bell.



what I have read about Fitchner's offensive running game he didn't use a lot of inside zone running plays he's more power runs and getting the edge of the d-line.

_________________
Pigs rule, Dogs enforce, Sheep abide.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 720
Likes : 143
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:48 am

Even if Bell stays they need to bring in another decent back-up RB. Right now, we only have Conner and he has a history of injuries. Even this year with limited snaps he was done for the season.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3026
Likes : 549
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:11 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
Even if Bell stays they need to bring in another decent back-up RB. Right now, we only have Conner and he has a history of injuries. Even this year with limited snaps he was done for the season.

I liked the little I saw from Ridley. I think we only signed him for last season though. I agree we need someone fast enough to get around the corner that runs hard every time.If Connor gets healthy and stays that way I think he could be the guy. We may find out if Bell goes.
Back to top Go down
Crash

avatar

Posts : 667
Likes : 14
Join date : 2014-08-07
Location : Pittsburgh Pa!

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:33 pm

If Bell stays I hope Fichtner, like Whiz, and Arians before him realizes the #2 back needs to be involved.  

Haley just ran his #1 into the ground until he got hurt, then did the same thing to whomever the #2 was.

Use Ridley as the #2 back, and Conner as the 3rd down back.  That should keep everyone happy.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3026
Likes : 549
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:13 pm

@Crash wrote:
If Bell stays I hope Fichtner, like Whiz, and Arians before him realizes the #2 back needs to be involved.  

Haley just ran his #1 into the ground until he got hurt, then did the same thing to whomever the #2 was.

Use Ridley as the #2 back, and Conner as the 3rd down back.  That should keep everyone happy.

I agree except if Connor stays healthy I think he's a better #2 when he gets his share of reps.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 706
Likes : 352
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:22 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Even if Bell stays they need to bring in another decent back-up RB. Right now, we only have Conner and he has a history of injuries. Even this year with limited snaps he was done for the season.

I liked the little I saw from Ridley. I think we only signed him for last season though. I agree we need someone fast enough to get around the corner that runs hard every time.If Connor gets healthy and stays that way I think he could be the guy. We may find out if Bell goes.

conner was limited in his playing time because his pass blocking sucked.

James Conner’s Struggles In Pass Protection Keeping Him Off The Field
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/james-conners-struggles-pass-protection-keeping-off-field/

Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3026
Likes : 549
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:46 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Even if Bell stays they need to bring in another decent back-up RB. Right now, we only have Conner and he has a history of injuries. Even this year with limited snaps he was done for the season.

I liked the little I saw from Ridley. I think we only signed him for last season though. I agree we need someone fast enough to get around the corner that runs hard every time.If Connor gets healthy and stays that way I think he could be the guy. We may find out if Bell goes.

conner was limited in his playing time because his pass blocking sucked.

James Conner’s Struggles In Pass Protection Keeping Him Off The Field
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/10/james-conners-struggles-pass-protection-keeping-off-field/


OK. I didn't see him enough to know that but now it makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Crash

avatar

Posts : 667
Likes : 14
Join date : 2014-08-07
Location : Pittsburgh Pa!

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:11 am

So TEACH him.

Hopefully now that the slacker is gone someone finally will.

He did pass protect at PITT, it's not like he's being asked to split the atom.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3026
Likes : 549
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:26 am

I'm sure the coaches worked on his pass protection. Maybe it's out of his grasp. Some of these guys aren't the sharpest knives.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1440
Likes : 476
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:56 pm

@solardave wrote:
I'm sure the coaches worked on his pass protection. Maybe it's out of his grasp. Some of these guys aren't the sharpest knives.

You might be right, but he doesn't come across as a moron. I have a feeling there's some technique issues as well as understanding of the rules around pass protection that he just needs to come up to speed on. I'm not worried about it because he was a rookie. We'll see if he figures things out in year 2.
Back to top Go down
Crash

avatar

Posts : 667
Likes : 14
Join date : 2014-08-07
Location : Pittsburgh Pa!

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Conner isn't dumb. His intelligence as far as football IMO was one of his best traits at PITT.

I like him as the 3rd down back because he'll see more open space. And with his weight loss he looks much quicker, and faster, than he did at PITT.

The ONLY way he shouldn't be the 3rd down back? Is if Bell goes and he's then the #1. As a #2 back IMO that doesn't put him on the field enough if the way Bell is used stays the same.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2882
Likes : 1179
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:29 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Even if Bell stays they need to bring in another decent back-up RB. Right now, we only have Conner and he has a history of injuries. Even this year with limited snaps he was done for the season.

I liked the little I saw from Ridley. I think we only signed him for last season though. I agree we need someone fast enough to get around the corner that runs hard every time.If Connor gets healthy and stays that way I think he could be the guy. We may find out if Bell goes.

I like Ridley too, he got limited touches but that guy runs hard. I think they definitely need to keep him on board. Let him and Conner fight it out in camp to be the #2 back.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Steelers cap issues    

Back to top Go down
 
Steelers cap issues
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: