HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

NFL Offseason - Things That Need Cleaned Up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jak341

PostSubject: NFL Offseason - Things That Need Cleaned Up   Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:43 pm

Now it is offseason, what does the NFL need to fix?

1. Helmet to Helmet contact - if the NFL is serious about safety, it shouldn't matter if a person is a runner or receiver. Helmet to helmet is the same.
  2. What is a catch? - No more detail needed
  3. 2 minute warning. - Do we really need this anymore? It gives too much of an advantage to the offense.
  4. Replay - too much micromanagement of the game. Refs can't see in 1080p and in high speed. Replay shouldn't either.

Other ideas and discussion welcomed.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: NFL Offseason - Things That Need Cleaned Up   Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:27 pm

BIG thing I want to see changed if a player catches the ball in the field of play, that player has control of the ball as he crosses the goal line its a TD.

PostSubject: Re: NFL Offseason - Things That Need Cleaned Up   Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:03 am

No more clocking the ball. Talk about a complete offensive advantage. If the defense has no time outs they have no way of stopping the clock, but yet the offense can. Unfair advantage.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
ImmaculateGreenePolamalu

PostSubject: Re: NFL Offseason - Things That Need Cleaned Up   Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:49 am

They definitely need to clarify the catch stuff. I agree with you about helmet to helmet too. Gotta have some conistency. I'm fine with the 2 minute wanring but agree about replay. I think it's tedious.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: NFL Offseason - Things That Need Cleaned Up   Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:44 pm

I hate that we've gotten to this point, but they should eliminate kickoffs after scores. They've become a waste of time. Just give the team the ball at the 20.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

PostSubject: Re: NFL Offseason - Things That Need Cleaned Up   Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:58 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
I hate that we've gotten to this point, but they should eliminate kickoffs after scores. They've become a waste of time. Just give the team the ball at the 20.

That is a sad thing. ST is a phase of the game that is important.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: NFL Offseason - Things That Need Cleaned Up   Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:51 am

I say fix the ref problem:

1. Make them full time/benefits/salary etc.
2. Make them accountable for bad/missed calls. Forced to explain to media like players/coaches and or dock their pay.
3. Tenure and inheriting the position needs to go away. This should be a job where the most qualified works the job and then refer to point number 1. 3 year contract is the maximum term at which point you are assessed for performance.
4. To that point, a rigid set of quality controls needs to be placed upon them where after a certain amount of blown/missed calls, you are fired.
5. If they can't fix the ref problem, replace them with cameras and robots.

PostSubject: Re: NFL Offseason - Things That Need Cleaned Up   

Back to top Go down

NFL Offseason - Things That Need Cleaned Up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: