HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515



Posts : 3397
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 pm

maybe in the works a 4-3 defensive front.

one thing I can say Art II is not happy with the defense he retired 2 defensive coordinators and bringing in a new DL coach and a new DB coach the LB coaches better look out. three new coordinators in one offseason is big for the Steelers and it is needed.


_________________
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3397
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:08 pm

no body really runs a 3-4 defensive front in college anymore just saying.

_________________
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Back to top Go down
Crash

avatar

Posts : 669
Likes : 14
Join date : 2014-08-07
Location : Pittsburgh Pa!

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:47 pm

But here's the thing, did Tomlin hire these guys?  Or did Art II?  

Art II needs to stop the Jerry Jones act and get the hell out of Tomlin and Colbert's way.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3229
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:54 am

@Crash wrote:
But here's the thing, did Tomlin hire these guys?  Or did Art II?  

Art II needs to stop the Jerry Jones act and get the hell out of Tomlin and Colbert's way.

I have to think this was probably something that's been discussed amongst the three of them.

Only time I recall off the top of my head that the Rooneys really stepped in and said "this is what we're doing" is when Mr. Rooney wanted Roethlisberger in the draft.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515



Posts : 3397
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:45 pm

the way I see the OLB's on the team 2 are true 3-4 OLBers the others are 4-3 DEs at best.

_________________
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 531
Likes : 111
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:15 pm

whiffing on Jarvis Jones and it’s looking like whiffing on Dupree really set this team back big time.... when you build your team through the draft you simply don’t have the luxury of fucking up first rounders... losing Shazier is really going to be a hell of a lot more painful to the D over all then I think most folks want to admit.

We are going to have to come to terms with the fact that the defense isn’t going to be a strong point for a few more years at least and that’s IF they don’t whiff on any more 1st and second rounders. If we can get lucky and get some sleepers/diamonds in the rough in the later rounds that’s even better but right now our defense is the Achilles heel because of way too many draft bust lately...
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3351
Likes : 582
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:57 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
whiffing on Jarvis Jones and it’s looking like whiffing on Dupree really set this team back big time.... when you build your team through the draft you simply don’t have the luxury of fucking up first rounders... losing Shazier is really going to be a hell of a lot more painful to the D over all then I think most folks want to admit.

We are going to have to come to terms with the fact that the defense isn’t going to be a strong point for a few more years at least and that’s IF they don’t whiff on any more 1st and second rounders. If we can get lucky and get some sleepers/diamonds in the rough in the later rounds that’s even better but right now our defense is the Achilles heel because of way too many draft bust lately...

I'm not ready to compare DuPree to Jones just yet.However with a couple more years being coached by Porter I wouldn't rule it out. I think our top priority this draft will be ILB. We saw what happens with Shazier out.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

avatar

Posts : 1440
Likes : 476
Join date : 2011-08-25
Location : Riiiiight heeeere

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:04 am

@solardave wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
whiffing on Jarvis Jones and it’s looking like whiffing on Dupree really set this team back big time.... when you build your team through the draft you simply don’t have the luxury of fucking up first rounders... losing Shazier is really going to be a hell of a lot more painful to the D over all then I think most folks want to admit.

We are going to have to come to terms with the fact that the defense isn’t going to be a strong point for a few more years at least and that’s IF they don’t whiff on any more 1st and second rounders. If we can get lucky and get some sleepers/diamonds in the rough in the later rounds that’s even better but right now our defense is the Achilles heel because of way too many draft bust lately...

I'm not ready to compare DuPree to Jones just yet.However with a couple more years being coached by Porter I wouldn't rule it out. I think our top priority this draft will be ILB. We saw what happens with Shazier out.

Agreed. Not having a viable option at ILB was about as bad as losing our franchise QB. Everything seemed to fall apart. Dupree is a better option than Jones (sorry to say I was a big fan of Jones coming out of college). We'll see if he can get back on track next season, or what the Steelers will do with his contract this off-season. I suspect there were more things going on with his performance than just his individual effort. The entire scheme for the front 7 seemed kinda off. Oh, it worked well against really bad teams with poor QBs (hence all the sacks), but quality teams just went through that defense with ease.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3397
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:23 am

there is nothing wrong with Dupree he is a true DE the Steelers are trying to make into a 3-4 OLB.

_________________
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3397
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:44 am

give me a 4-3 defensive line where I could 4 pass rushing DE's on 3rd and long like left to right Dupree, Hayward, Tuitt, and Watt with 7 in pass coverage.


_________________
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3351
Likes : 582
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:01 am

@effyou515 wrote:
give me a 4-3 defensive line where I could 4 pass rushing DE's on 3rd and long like left to right Dupree, Hayward, Tuitt, and Watt with 7 in pass coverage.


The problem with this is: who is behind these guys?A bunch of career backups. AluAlu is the best of them but who else is there? Both Tuitt and Heyward missed time last year.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 823
Likes : 155
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:43 am

With all the 1st round busts (Jones) or at least not living up to their stock (Dupree, Burns) the loss of an All-pro like Shazier hurts even more. They need to pick up 2 ILB's (one starter, one back-up), at least one safety (starter), an OLB who (hopefully) can compete with Dupree for a starting spot and 1 or 2 RB's depending on what happens with Bell.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3351
Likes : 582
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:32 pm

ILB,or NT,Safety,ILB,RB IMO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.   

Back to top Go down
 
Art II bringing new blood on the defensive coaching staff.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: