HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Timmons rejoining the Steelers?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515



Posts : 3072
Likes : 535
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Timmons rejoining the Steelers?   Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:40 pm

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/pittsburgh-steelers-opinions-reactions-news-updates/2018/2/26/17048090/lawrence-timmons-rejoining-the-steelers-would-solve-some-problems-at-inside-linebacker-ryan-shazier

he is better then the ILBs on the time now.

_________________
Pigs rule, Dogs enforce, Sheep abide.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 675
Likes : 348
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Timmons rejoining the Steelers?   Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:22 pm

i hope not. you don't get better by bringing back players you already decided needing upgraded.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2969
Likes : 538
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Timmons rejoining the Steelers?   Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:54 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i hope not.  you don't get better by bringing back players you already decided needing upgraded.

I'm with you on this one. You also reach a certain age where you'll not get any better as a player and we thought that 2 years ago.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3072
Likes : 535
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Re: Timmons rejoining the Steelers?   Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:34 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i hope not.  you don't get better by bringing back players you already decided needing upgraded.

I'm with you on this one. You also reach a certain age where you'll not get any better as a player and we thought that 2 years ago.

the Steelers wanted him back but the Dolphins offered more money and he took it plus he be cap friendly already knows the defense still better then the ILBers on the roster now. the Steelers still need to draft a ILBer Timmons would be the buck LB and call the defense, the drafted LB could play the mack LB until the learns the defensives calls. still think Timmons is a quality run stuffing 2 down LB for the base 3-4 defense with Spence playing ILB in nickel defense. which should keep both healthy all year. Stop gap until the Steelers can draft replacements.

_________________
Pigs rule, Dogs enforce, Sheep abide.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 702
Likes : 141
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Timmons rejoining the Steelers?   Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:00 am

If coming back for 2.5 M / year max he's more than welcome. He will be only 32 in May, so still at least 2 decent years left and he's still better than anyone else we have at the position, including VW. He had a more than decent year at Miami, but not worth his contract of course.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 675
Likes : 348
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Timmons rejoining the Steelers?   Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:25 pm

the dolphins are eating 2.75 mill in dead cap money just to get rid of timmons ,AND they still need a LB.
timmons was already showing signs of decline before he left. i doubt he got younger in the last two years.

this coming from the miami herald
Quote :

Timmons two games ago went from playing 100 percent of the downs to 83 percent against Tampa Bay and 76 percent against New England. The reason is the Dolphins believe Timmons has worn down as the season has worn on.

The guy has played two fewer games than every other starter on defense but he’s wearing down to the point it’s evident in his play. And that’s when he lines up right.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article187546598.html#storylink=cpy
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3072
Likes : 535
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Re: Timmons rejoining the Steelers?   Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:44 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
the dolphins are eating 2.75 mill in dead cap money just to get rid of timmons ,AND they still need a LB.
timmons was already showing signs of decline before he left. i doubt he got younger in the last two years.

this coming from the miami herald  
Quote :

Timmons two games ago went from playing 100 percent of the downs to 83 percent against Tampa Bay and 76 percent against New England. The reason is the Dolphins believe Timmons has worn down as the season has worn on.

The guy has played two fewer games than every other starter on defense but he’s wearing down to the point it’s evident in his play. And that’s when he lines up right.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article187546598.html#storylink=cpy

who is pulling your strings? lol,,, hell yes he got run down in Miami at 32 years old he was their best LB with a sucked d-line in front of him. he is still a good 2 down run stuffing 3-4 ILB who who knows the Steelers defense and can call defensive linements. did people not see after Shazier went down there was no body to call defensive the defensive alinements?

this is what the Steelers wanted out of Timmons playing next to Shazier stop the run and come out when the nickel defense came in.

_________________
Pigs rule, Dogs enforce, Sheep abide.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2969
Likes : 538
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Timmons rejoining the Steelers?   Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:41 pm

Even at league minimum he's still old and got to be even slower than when we released him. We're going to pay him to line up and get the other 10 guys set. What if that's all he can do at this point.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 497
Likes : 108
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Timmons rejoining the Steelers?   Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:14 am

Vet minimum and he has to show he has something left in the tank in camp and preseason.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 2969
Likes : 538
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Timmons rejoining the Steelers?   Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:48 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Vet minimum and he has to show he has something left in the tank in camp and preseason.

Yeah. That's the ticket.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Timmons rejoining the Steelers?   

Back to top Go down
 
Timmons rejoining the Steelers?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: