HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

PostSubject: Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine   Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:24 pm

Quote :
PITTSBURGH -- The Steelers have Ben Roethlisberger in the lineup for a few more years but are still taking a hard look at quarterbacks in the 2018 NFL draft.
The team is scheduled to meet with Oklahoma State quarterback Mason Rudolph in Indianapolis this week.
2018 NFL DRAFT

Rudolph has great size at 6-foot-5, 233 pounds and started three seasons for the Cowboys. He's considered by some outlets to be a Day 2 draft pick (second or third round).

http://www.espn.com/blog/pittsburgh-steelers/post/_/id/27324/steelers-set-to-meet-with-qb-mason-rudolph-at-nfl-combine

intresting, picking a QB in the second round?

PostSubject: Re: Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine   Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:08 pm

I don't see us taking a "project QB" in the early rounds. We have to many other needs to address. I've been on the draft Ben's replacement bandwagon for about 3 years now but we need his replacement to be a right now if necessary type of guy if we go early rounds to get him. I'm not sure Rudolph is that guy.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine   Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:41 pm

imo Steelers are looking at what type of QB coming out college will fit Fichtner's offense not looking to draft one but one can't tell how the draft will fall.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine   Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:08 am

The Case For Mason Rudolph

It's Dan Rooney Weekend, and we're celebrating the late Hall of Famer's best and worst moments -- which are inextricably tied -- by planning to draft the next franchise QB.

by Jim Wexell -

https://scout.com/nfl/steelers/Article/Making-The-Case-For-The-Steelers-Drafting-QB-Mason-Rudolph-116356488

PostSubject: Re: Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine   Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:48 am

If he's there in round 2 I could see it but using a #1 on him when we need ILB help so badly. Unless there is something about J.J. Wilcox I missed we also need help at Safety. I also remember passing on Marino to get Rivera. He never played a regular season game because of his accident that paralyzed him for life.
" Senor Sack" turned into a tragedy that no one saw coming but still made the argument for missing the Marino pick even stronger.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine   Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:52 am

Mason Rudolph, no thanks. Not when we still need two linebackers and two safeties.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine   Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:10 pm

@solardave wrote:
If he's there in round 2 I could see it but using a #1 on him when we need ILB help so badly. Unless there is something about J.J. Wilcox I missed we also need help at Safety. I also remember passing on Marino to get Rivera. He never played a regular season game because of his accident that paralyzed him for life.
" Senor Sack" turned into a tragedy that no one saw coming but still made the argument for missing the Marino pick even stronger.

sutton will be moving to safety. you heard it hear first ... coming out of college it was speculated his best fit might be a safety.
Back to top Go down
Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine   Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:42 am

Rivera played in 6 regular season games. His last game was against the Browns days before the crash.
Back to top Go down
Crash

PostSubject: Re: Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine   Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:45 am

Rudolph's stock is rising. He wouldn't make it to our #2 pick if he does not get picked in round 1.

We'd have to trade up.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine   Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:54 am

@Crash wrote:
Rivera played in 6 regular season games.  His last game was against the Browns days before the crash.  

I stand corrected. My memory is not what it used to be. I was thinking he only played preseason that year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine   

Back to top Go down

Steelers set to meet with QB Mason Rudolph at NFL combine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: