HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Mike Tomlin, Steelers scout Wake Forest safety

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

PostSubject: Mike Tomlin, Steelers scout Wake Forest safety   Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:46 am

Quote :
Pittsburgh's head coach, along with general manager Kevin Colbert, dined with free safety Jessie Bates III Monday night, according to DraftAnalyst.com.
Tomlin and others took Bud Dupre, Artie Burns and T.J. Watt out to dinner on the nights before their pro days before each was selected by the Steelers in the first round. It's also common for a Tomlin dinner contingent to include multiple draft prospects from a given school as the Steelers tour the country scouting pre-draft workouts on college campuses.

The 6-foot-2, 195-pound safety was among the best in his position in the three-cone drill as well as the 20- and 60-yard shuttles at the NFL Combine. Entering the draft after his redshirt sophomore season

http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2018/03/steelers_wake_forest_pro_day.html

looks like a draft pick.

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin, Steelers scout Wake Forest safety   Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:01 am

I like Jessie Bates a lot but as a second round pick. First round is too high for him imo. I expect him to go somewhere between the middle and the end of the second. He's a great player but his frame is too small. If he would try to tackle a player like Gronk he wouldn't be able to slow him down sort to speak of. I stay with Evans/Vander Esch/Harrison/Reid in the first round for us or if none of them is left at 28 (or they don't like the player who's left of them) a trade down for Bates.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin, Steelers scout Wake Forest safety   Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:28 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
I like Jessie Bates a lot but as a second round pick. First round is too high for him imo. I expect him to go somewhere between the middle and the end of the second. He's a great player but his frame is too small. If he would try to tackle a player like Gronk he wouldn't be able to slow him down sort to speak of. I stay with Evans/Vander Esch/Harrison/Reid in the first round for us or if none of them is left at 28 (or they don't like the player who's left of them) a trade down for Bates.

yep,,, the Steelers second round draft pick.

PostSubject: Re: Mike Tomlin, Steelers scout Wake Forest safety   

Back to top Go down

Mike Tomlin, Steelers scout Wake Forest safety
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: