HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

After they screwed us they get it right. Just like it used to be.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
solardave

PostSubject: After they screwed us they get it right. Just like it used to be.   Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:35 pm

1. Control of the ball.
2. Two feet down or another body part.
3. A football move such as:
» A third step;
» Reaching/extending for the line-to-gain;
» Or the ability to perform such an act.

The key change to the rule eliminated the "going-to-the-ground" element of the previous rule.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000923342/article/nfl-teams-unanimously-approve-simplified-catch-rule
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: After they screwed us they get it right. Just like it used to be.   Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:36 am

Love the new catch rule, don't understand why they had to make the new rules regarding helmets. Now they can penalize for leading with the helmet, defensively or offensively. Sounds OK at first glance, but how are you going to determine intentional versus unintentional and who gets penalized. Just seems like another one of those judgment call types of rules that's going to make it confusing for officials, players, and fans alike.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ

After they screwed us they get it right. Just like it used to be.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: