HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

ILB's that would be a good fit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

PostSubject: ILB's that would be a good fit   Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:29 am

Here are the ILB's that I think would be a good fit for the Steelers. With VW and Bostic they basically have two bucks. I know that Bostic can play the mack if necessary, but imo his best position is the buck. That means the Steelers still need a mack. Unfortunately, there are more good bucks than macks in this draft. But there still are some good macks, even in the later rounds.

1. Roquan Smith, will be long gone before #28
2. Leighton Vander Esch, could be there at 28 but I believe he will go between 17 and 25
3. Darius Leonard, possible 2nd or 3rd round pick
4. Oren Burks, possible 3rd round pick (I like him a lot)
5. Tre' Williams, possible 5th round pick
6. Nick DeLuca, possible 5th or 7th round pick
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: ILB's that would be a good fit   Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:40 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
Here are the ILB's that I think would be a good fit for the Steelers. With VW and Bostic they basically have two bucks. I know that Bostic can play the mack if necessary, but imo his best position is the buck. That means the Steelers still need a mack. Unfortunately, there are more good bucks than macks in this draft. But there still are some good macks, even in the later rounds.

2. Leighton Vander Esch, could be there at 28 but I believe he will go between 17 and 25

I'm sold on Vander Esch if he's there.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: ILB's that would be a good fit   Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:37 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

I'm sold on Vander Esch if he's there.

imo the Steelers might be thinking Esch might not be there a 28 or pass on pass on Esch if a RB they like falls to them and draft Bates in the second and Burk in thrid round.

PostSubject: Re: ILB's that would be a good fit   Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Vander Esch is rocketing up the draft boards. I don't think he will be there either.

CBS has us going CB https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/nfl-mock-draft-2018-lamar-jackson-falls-to-cardinals-quenton-nelson-drops-to-bears/, as our biggest position needs would be gone by this time.

Another point from yesterday's afternoon sports discussion was why we wouldn't take a ILB first round. I can't remember the guys name, but he thought this could be the year we move to Nickel as the base defense. He had suggested that we could use Burnett much like we did with Troy; move Burnett into a ILB position to cover the run, or drop him back to assist the nickel CB in coverage. Doing this definitely de-prioritizes ILB.
Back to top Go down
Fire Arians

PostSubject: Re: ILB's that would be a good fit   Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:56 am

Rashaan Evans maybe?
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: ILB's that would be a good fit   Fri Mar 30, 2018 9:37 am

@Fire Arians wrote:
Rashaan Evans maybe?

I like Evans, but I don't see him as a mack.

When comparing Evans and LVE, for me it's like comparing a lesser version of Mosley and Shazier. I believe Evans will be a little bit better than LVE the first 2 years, but that from year 3 LVE will have the upper hand.
Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: ILB's that would be a good fit   Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:12 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
Rashaan Evans maybe?

When comparing Evans and LVE, for me it's like comparing a lesser version of Mosley and Shazier. I believe Evans will be a little bit better than LVE the first 2 years, but that from year 3 LVE will have the upper hand.

There's something about Vander Esch that reminds me of Jack Lambert. Tall, blonde haired kid running around the middle of the field. I think there's the potential a very good ILB will drop to the Steelers. There are going to be a handful of QBs going early and then there are teams that have specific needs that just may cause a rush at certain positions. IDK, just have that feeling their guy could very well be sitting there at 28.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: ILB's that would be a good fit   Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:49 am

@kirklandrules wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@Fire Arians wrote:
Rashaan Evans maybe?

There's something about Vander Esch that reminds me of Jack Lambert. Tall, blonde haired kid running around the middle of the field. I think there's the potential a very good ILB will drop to the Steelers. There are going to be a handful of QBs going early and then there are teams that have specific needs that just may cause a rush at certain positions. IDK, just have that feeling their guy could very well be sitting there at 28.

I sure hope so. If we can shore up ILB, and continue to bolster our pass rush, this team will be alright. We're already better at Safety now with Mitchell having been replaced. Now we can work on the fine details.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ILB's that would be a good fit   

Back to top Go down

ILB's that would be a good fit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: