HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Which OLB's do you think could be a good fit for the Steelers?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Which OLB's do you think could be a good fit for the Steelers?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:54 am

As the Steelers aren't looking for the typical edge rusher but like their OLB's to drop more in coverage than most teams, which OLB's could be a good fit? I haven't seen much tape from prospects since I've focused on ILB's and it's hard for me to evaluate players as they were asked to do different things then they need to do for the Steelers. But I hope you guys can help me out on this
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Which OLB's do you think could be a good fit for the Steelers?   Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:30 am

this draft is loaded with 4-3 OLBers with less of a learning curve then a 3-4 OLBers plus 4-3 OLBers are better in pass coverage. zone blitz with Watt dropping in coverage.

PostSubject: Re: Which OLB's do you think could be a good fit for the Steelers?   Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:49 am

I've got Arden Key of LSU mocked to the Steelers in Round 2. He has some character issues that he'll have to clean up, but he's got the tools to be a good-great pass rusher in the NFL. I think we need to draft a guy that can either push Bud Dupree to be better, or supplant him. Key could definitely come in and contribute as a rotational pass rusher for his rookie season.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Which OLB's do you think could be a good fit for the Steelers?   Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:17 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I've got Arden Key of LSU mocked to the Steelers in Round 2. He has some character issues that he'll have to clean up, but he's got the tools to be a good-great pass rusher in the NFL. I think we need to draft a guy that can either push Bud Dupree to be better, or supplant him. Key could definitely come in and contribute as a rotational pass rusher for his rookie season.
i'd be fine with that , but i doubt he'll be there that late , unless he totally screws up his pro day which is april 4th.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Which OLB's do you think could be a good fit for the Steelers?   Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:24 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
i'd be fine with that , but i doubt he'll be there that late , unless he totally screws up his pro day which is april 4th.

It's possible, honestly haven't heard his name thrown around very much, and he has had some off-the-field issues and character issues that might scare some teams away from drafting him in the first. Look at Burfict, his character issues in college had him ending up as a UDFA when he was easily (talent-wise, not character-wise) a first round type of talent.

Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Which OLB's do you think could be a good fit for the Steelers?   Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:16 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

It's possible, honestly haven't heard his name thrown around very much, and he has had some off-the-field issues and character issues that might scare some teams away from drafting him in the first. Look at Burfict, his character issues in college had him ending up as a UDFA when he was easily (talent-wise, not character-wise) a first round type of talent.
both tomlin and colbert was at LSU pro day so they are definitely interested in someone. keys ran a terrible 40. one source i seen said he ran a 4.9 , another said he ran a 4.85. either way thats not good considering tomlins change of role for OLB from mostly rushing the QB, to having them drop back into coverage. i seen where tomlin said the game has changed so much because of the spread and rpo's that today they wouldn't even consider drafting a player like lamaar woodley.

this from bob labiola...

NICHOLAS CHANEY FROM WASHINGTON, PA:
If Derrius Guice, the running back from LSU, is available at pick No. 28, do you think he should be a consideration, especially with Le’Veon Bell's current contract situation?

ANSWER: How does using a first-round pick on a running back, any running back, help the team win a Super Bowl this year?

i seriously doubt they were there looking at wr DJ clark , or cb donte jackson. both look like 2nd round guys.
they could be looking at cb kevin toliver for round 3 , or they could have just went to louisiana on rooneys dime to eat some cajun food ..
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Which OLB's do you think could be a good fit for the Steelers?   Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:10 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

both tomlin and colbert was at LSU pro day so they are definitely interested in someone. keys ran a terrible 40. one source i seen said he ran a 4.9 , another said he ran a 4.85.  either way thats not good considering tomlins change of role for OLB from mostly rushing the QB, to having them drop back into coverage. i seen where tomlin said the game has changed so much because of the spread and rpo's that today they wouldn't even consider drafting a player like lamaar woodley.

this from bob labiola...

NICHOLAS CHANEY FROM WASHINGTON, PA:
If Derrius Guice, the running back from LSU, is available at pick No. 28, do you think he should be a consideration, especially with Le’Veon Bell's current contract situation?

ANSWER: How does using a first-round pick on a running back, any running back, help the team win a Super Bowl this year?

i seriously doubt they were there looking at wr DJ clark , or cb donte jackson. both look like 2nd round guys.
they could be looking at cb kevin toliver for round 3 , or they could have just went to louisiana on rooneys dime to eat some cajun food ..

I hate to keep bringing up Burfict, but if I remember correctly he ran a slow 40 too. People put too much stock into the 40, I'm more interested in game speed.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which OLB's do you think could be a good fit for the Steelers?   

Back to top Go down

Which OLB's do you think could be a good fit for the Steelers?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: