HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3321
Likes : 1202
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:58 am

Jones is the one that's really going to have to play to keep his job as the backup. I think Dobbs could potentially beat Jones out for the #2 role. Rudolph is going to be the #3 at the very least unless he lights the world on fire and basically takes the backup role, though I highly doubt that in his rookie year.

Either way, I think drafting Rudolph was a smart move by the Steelers. You get a kid that looks pretty damn good and has all of the intangibles, and you install some competition into the QB Room. I think it's only thrown more fuel on Ben's competitive fire since Haley was fired. I think Jones and Dobbs have been put on notice and we could see the best from both of them.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2445
Likes : 1135
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Labriola: Landry Jones, not Mason Rudolph, is Steelers' No.2 QB

By BRYAN DEARDO

Mason Rudolph apparently won't be in a position battle with Landry Jones to be the Pittsburgh Steelers' No.2 quarterback in 2018.

to read rest of article:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Landry-Jones-not-Mason-Rudolph-is-Pittsburgh-Steelers-No2-QB-118804209

_________________
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3538
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:56 pm

imo the offense that Fichtner is putting is in the wheel house of Landry Dodds, and Mason.

_________________
you can't always get no satisfaction  
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 733
Likes : 357
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:40 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Jones is the one that's really going to have to play to keep his job as the backup. I think Dobbs could potentially beat Jones out for the #2 role. Rudolph is going to be the #3 at the very least unless he lights the world on fire and basically takes the backup role, though I highly doubt that in his rookie year.

Either way, I think drafting Rudolph was a smart move by the Steelers. You get a kid that looks pretty damn good and has all of the intangibles, and you install some competition into the QB Room. I think it's only thrown more fuel on Ben's competitive fire since Haley was fired. I think Jones and Dobbs have been put on notice and we could see the best from both of them.

does this make you believe jones job is in jeopardy ?

Quote :
And while he isn't the most popular player with Steeler Nation, the Steelers' brass have said that Jones is arguably the best backup quarterback in the NFL.
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Landry-Jones-not-Mason-Rudolph-is-Pittsburgh-Steelers-No2-QB-118804209

dobbs will have to play lights out ball to stay on the roster.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3321
Likes : 1202
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:03 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Jones is the one that's really going to have to play to keep his job as the backup. I think Dobbs could potentially beat Jones out for the #2 role. Rudolph is going to be the #3 at the very least unless he lights the world on fire and basically takes the backup role, though I highly doubt that in his rookie year.

Either way, I think drafting Rudolph was a smart move by the Steelers. You get a kid that looks pretty damn good and has all of the intangibles, and you install some competition into the QB Room. I think it's only thrown more fuel on Ben's competitive fire since Haley was fired. I think Jones and Dobbs have been put on notice and we could see the best from both of them.

does this make you believe jones job is in jeopardy ?

Quote :
And while he isn't the most popular player with Steeler Nation, the Steelers' brass have said that Jones is arguably the best backup quarterback in the NFL.
https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Landry-Jones-not-Mason-Rudolph-is-Pittsburgh-Steelers-No2-QB-118804209

dobbs will have to play lights out ball to stay on the roster.

Only from the standpoint that Dobbs knows he's going to have to play his ass off to stay on this roster. I know the front office and coaching staff like Jones because they've kept him around, but Dobbs isn't going to give up easily. As you said though, Dobbs will have to play absolutely lights out.

To be completely honest while I don't want to write off the potential for Dobbs to beat out Jones (anything can happen), in my heart of hearts I think Jones is going to be #2, Rudolph #3, and Dobbs will be looking to make the practice squad, or possibly the 3rd QB spot on some other team's roster.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11332
Likes : 772
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 am

For the Steelers Brass to determine Landry is the best backup QB makes me think they're smoking the same thing as WK.

I can see Mason not having the backup role going in to camp (that's just simple seniority going in to camp). However, knowing the way Jones has played in the past, no one in Steelers Nation (safe the Brass) thinks we're good if Ben goes down. I do believe Mason has the potential to out play Jones and Dobbs coming out of camp but he'll be put as the #3 until Jones plays himself out of the position and we need a solid backup to win some games. That person will be Mason.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2445
Likes : 1135
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:24 pm

Mason Rudolph is a football junkie, and that is great news for the Steelers

Not every football player is cut from the same cloth, and Mason Rudolph certainly is one who is bred from a football family.

By Jeff.Hartman
Jun 28, 2018

When NFL teams interview prospects at the NFL Scouting Combine, one of the more common questions players hear is, “Do you love the game?”

Sure, every player is going to say ‘yes’ as an answer, but it doesn’t mean everyone actually believes that. There are numerous accounts of players who have been drafted in the early rounds, only to flame out and find themselves unemployed before cashing in on the really big money.

Some players are in it only for the money, and the game is just an avenue to a rich and famous lifestyle.

On the other hand, there are some players who are football junkies. They would play the game for free, and just want to go out on the field and compete with their teammates. Those players are usually the ones who succeed, even if they aren’t as talented as others.

You can lump Pittsburgh Steelers rookie quarterback Mason Rudolph into the football junkie category. After all, he comes from a football family. When Teresa Varley, of the Steelers official website, asked Rudolph what his biggest inspiration was, his answer was his father.

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/6/28/17514398/mason-rudolph-is-a-football-junkie-and-that-is-great-news-for-the-steelers-ben-roethlisberger-news

_________________
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2445
Likes : 1135
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:19 pm

Colbert Admits Rudolph Is Further Along In His Development Than Expected

By Dave Bryan
Posted on August 6, 2018

According to our very own Alex Kozora, Pittsburgh Steelers rookie quarterback Mason Rudolph has put together a nice string of training camp practices over the course of the last several days or so after having a seemingly challenging few of them upon arriving at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe and that certainly is encouraging news.

Ahead of the Steelers Friday night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium, general manager Kevin Colbert sat down for his annual interview with Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller of ‘Movin’ the Chains’ on SiriusXM NFL Radio and about midway through it he was told by the former that he believed Rudolph was further along than he thought he would originally be at this stage after watching him practice on Thursday. Colbert then agreed with Kirwan.

“In all honesty, Pat, probably than we did, too,” Colbert said. “Coming out of the college game, it’s always a challenge for the quarterbacks. It’s a lot different. They’re under center some more here than they had been in college. There’s probably more reads going on, less communication from the sideline and it’s more about what he’s reacting to and seeing. Jim [Miller], you know that, I mean, you came from a pro-style offense in college, but it was still an adjustment at this level and he seems to be very smart.”

to read rest of article:

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/08/colbert-admits-rudolph-is-further-along-in-his-development-than-expected/

_________________
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17553
Likes : 1468
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:19 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Colbert Admits Rudolph Is Further Along In His Development Than Expected

By Dave Bryan
Posted on August 6, 2018

According to our very own Alex Kozora, Pittsburgh Steelers rookie quarterback Mason Rudolph has put together a nice string of training camp practices over the course of the last several days or so after having a seemingly challenging few of them upon arriving at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe and that certainly is encouraging news.

Ahead of the Steelers Friday night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium, general manager Kevin Colbert sat down for his annual interview with Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller of ‘Movin’ the Chains’ on SiriusXM NFL Radio and about midway through it he was told by the former that he believed Rudolph was further along than he thought he would originally be at this stage after watching him practice on Thursday. Colbert then agreed with Kirwan.

“In all honesty, Pat, probably than we did, too,” Colbert said. “Coming out of the college game, it’s always a challenge for the quarterbacks. It’s a lot different. They’re under center some more here than they had been in college. There’s probably more reads going on, less communication from the sideline and it’s more about what he’s reacting to and seeing. Jim [Miller], you know that, I mean, you came from a pro-style offense in college, but it was still an adjustment at this level and he seems to be very smart.”

to read rest of article:

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/08/colbert-admits-rudolph-is-further-along-in-his-development-than-expected/

Well, that's certainly a different perspective than what we were hearing a few days ago. Needless to say, I like this article more than the earlier reports.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 733
Likes : 357
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:50 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Colbert Admits Rudolph Is Further Along In His Development Than Expected

By Dave Bryan
Posted on August 6, 2018

According to our very own Alex Kozora, Pittsburgh Steelers rookie quarterback Mason Rudolph has put together a nice string of training camp practices over the course of the last several days or so after having a seemingly challenging few of them upon arriving at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe and that certainly is encouraging news.

Ahead of the Steelers Friday night practice at Latrobe Memorial Stadium, general manager Kevin Colbert sat down for his annual interview with Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller of ‘Movin’ the Chains’ on SiriusXM NFL Radio and about midway through it he was told by the former that he believed Rudolph was further along than he thought he would originally be at this stage after watching him practice on Thursday. Colbert then agreed with Kirwan.

“In all honesty, Pat, probably than we did, too,” Colbert said. “Coming out of the college game, it’s always a challenge for the quarterbacks. It’s a lot different. They’re under center some more here than they had been in college. There’s probably more reads going on, less communication from the sideline and it’s more about what he’s reacting to and seeing. Jim [Miller], you know that, I mean, you came from a pro-style offense in college, but it was still an adjustment at this level and he seems to be very smart.”

to read rest of article:

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/08/colbert-admits-rudolph-is-further-along-in-his-development-than-expected/

Well, that's certainly a different perspective than what we were hearing a few days ago. Needless to say, I like this article more than the earlier reports.

wally.. ...that nasty Boosh beer you drink must be effecting your reading comprehension.  it says it all in the first sentence .

Quote :
According to our very own Alex Kozora, Pittsburgh Steelers rookie quarterback Mason Rudolph has put together a nice string of training camp practices over the course of the last several days or so after having a seemingly challenging few of them upon arriving at Saint Vincent College

i'LL sum it up for ya...he sucked the first few practices, but he is rapidly improving ...
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3482
Likes : 593
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:25 pm

I think Jones is #2 this year and Rudolph #3. Dobbs goes to New England off of waivers making Bellicheat the smartest most bestest coach ever. and Jones is gone next year because Rudolph bumps him.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3321
Likes : 1202
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:16 am

@solardave wrote:
I think Jones is #2 this year and Rudolph #3. Dobbs goes to New England  off of waivers making Bellicheat the smartest most bestest coach ever.  and Jones is gone next year because Rudolph bumps him.

That's one thing that does worry me about Dobbs. The Pats* and Ravens are known to pick our players up when they get released. Anything they can to try and get info on us.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17553
Likes : 1468
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:33 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
I think Jones is #2 this year and Rudolph #3. Dobbs goes to New England  off of waivers making Bellicheat the smartest most bestest coach ever.  and Jones is gone next year because Rudolph bumps him.

That's one thing that does worry me about Dobbs. The Pats** and Ravens are known to pick our players up when they get released. Anything they can to try and get info on us.

Don't forget about Pittsburgh West, er, Arizona.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3321
Likes : 1202
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:45 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
I think Jones is #2 this year and Rudolph #3. Dobbs goes to New England  off of waivers making Bellicheat the smartest most bestest coach ever.  and Jones is gone next year because Rudolph bumps him.

That's one thing that does worry me about Dobbs. The Pats*** and Ravens are known to pick our players up when they get released. Anything they can to try and get info on us.

Don't forget about Pittsburgh West, er, Arizona.

I would've thought that without Arians at the helm that they'd of backed off from taking our hand-me-downs, but then they signed Moats and gave Mitchell a tryout.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17553
Likes : 1468
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:40 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
wally.. ...that nasty Boosh beer you drink must be effecting your reading comprehension.

I quit drinking more than a year ago, so if there's a problem with my reading comprehension, we have to blame sobriety.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6353
Likes : 432
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:21 am

I think Dobbs is gone. Jones has been a serviceable backup for awhile and you're gonna give the young guy a chance. Wasn't Dobbs injured most of the season last year?

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3321
Likes : 1202
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:24 am

@SteelersYak wrote:
I think Dobbs is gone.  Jones has been a serviceable backup for awhile and you're gonna give the young guy a chance.  Wasn't Dobbs injured most of the season last year?

Yeah I seem to remember Dobbs being hurt. Either way, Dobbs was more of a project guy coming out of Tennessee. A journeyman so to speak. He'll get cut, and some other team will pick him up. I still think he's learning, and that he has upside to be a good backup in this league. Mason Rudolph has a higher ceiling and if he realizes his potential he could be the heir apparent to Ben. They wouldn't have drafted him otherwise.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
SteelersYak

avatar

Posts : 6353
Likes : 432
Join date : 2011-04-04

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:
I think Dobbs is gone.  Jones has been a serviceable backup for awhile and you're gonna give the young guy a chance.  Wasn't Dobbs injured most of the season last year?

Yeah I seem to remember Dobbs being hurt. Either way, Dobbs was more of a project guy coming out of Tennessee. A journeyman so to speak. He'll get cut, and some other team will pick him up. I still think he's learning, and that he has upside to be a good backup in this league. Mason Rudolph has a higher ceiling and if he realizes his potential he could be the heir apparent to Ben. They wouldn't have drafted him otherwise.

Dobbs never impressed me in the games I watched of him at Tennessee (which I don't have a large sample size). He reminds me of a Dennis Dixon and those kinds of guys just don't work in the current Steelers offense because BR7 is the opposite of that.

Keep Rudolph and hopefully we don't have to see him on the field this regular season.

_________________
Twitter:  @SteelersYak
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3321
Likes : 1202
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:51 am

@SteelersYak wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:
I think Dobbs is gone.  Jones has been a serviceable backup for awhile and you're gonna give the young guy a chance.  Wasn't Dobbs injured most of the season last year?

Yeah I seem to remember Dobbs being hurt. Either way, Dobbs was more of a project guy coming out of Tennessee. A journeyman so to speak. He'll get cut, and some other team will pick him up. I still think he's learning, and that he has upside to be a good backup in this league. Mason Rudolph has a higher ceiling and if he realizes his potential he could be the heir apparent to Ben. They wouldn't have drafted him otherwise.

Dobbs never impressed me in the games I watched of him at Tennessee (which I don't have a large sample size).  He reminds me of a Dennis Dixon and those kinds of guys just don't work in the current Steelers offense because BR7 is the opposite of that.

Keep Rudolph and hopefully we don't have to see him on the field this regular season.

Yeah I wasn't ever really impressed with his college tape either. He was supposed to be a Heisman candidate and supposed to help turn that program around but they always seemed to be middling at best. Dobbs ceiling is a back up in the NFL. That's a best case scenario for him.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515



Posts : 3538
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:21 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:
I think Dobbs is gone.  Jones has been a serviceable backup for awhile and you're gonna give the young guy a chance.  Wasn't Dobbs injured most of the season last year?

Yeah I seem to remember Dobbs being hurt. Either way, Dobbs was more of a project guy coming out of Tennessee. A journeyman so to speak. He'll get cut, and some other team will pick him up. I still think he's learning, and that he has upside to be a good backup in this league. Mason Rudolph has a higher ceiling and if he realizes his potential he could be the heir apparent to Ben. They wouldn't have drafted him otherwise.

Dobbs never impressed me in the games I watched of him at Tennessee (which I don't have a large sample size).  He reminds me of a Dennis Dixon and those kinds of guys just don't work in the current Steelers offense because BR7 is the opposite of that.

Keep Rudolph and hopefully we don't have to see him on the field this regular season.

Yeah I wasn't ever really impressed with his college tape either. He was supposed to be a Heisman candidate and supposed to help turn that program around but they always seemed to be middling at best. Dobbs ceiling is a back up in the NFL. That's a best case scenario for him.

a good backup to Rudolph.

_________________
you can't always get no satisfaction  
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3321
Likes : 1202
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:49 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:
I think Dobbs is gone.  Jones has been a serviceable backup for awhile and you're gonna give the young guy a chance.  Wasn't Dobbs injured most of the season last year?

Yeah I seem to remember Dobbs being hurt. Either way, Dobbs was more of a project guy coming out of Tennessee. A journeyman so to speak. He'll get cut, and some other team will pick him up. I still think he's learning, and that he has upside to be a good backup in this league. Mason Rudolph has a higher ceiling and if he realizes his potential he could be the heir apparent to Ben. They wouldn't have drafted him otherwise.

Dobbs never impressed me in the games I watched of him at Tennessee (which I don't have a large sample size).  He reminds me of a Dennis Dixon and those kinds of guys just don't work in the current Steelers offense because BR7 is the opposite of that.

Keep Rudolph and hopefully we don't have to see him on the field this regular season.

Yeah I wasn't ever really impressed with his college tape either. He was supposed to be a Heisman candidate and supposed to help turn that program around but they always seemed to be middling at best. Dobbs ceiling is a back up in the NFL. That's a best case scenario for him.

a good backup to Rudolph.

Eh, I think I'll take Jones and his knowledge of the system and game experience over a rookie as a backup, and Dobbs as a 3rd Stringer. I think Rudolph will eventually surpass Landry, but right now Landry is the best option we have to backup Ben in the here and now.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11332
Likes : 772
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:12 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
wally.. ...that nasty Boosh beer you drink must be effecting your reading comprehension.

I quit drinking more than a year ago, so if there's a problem with my reading comprehension, we have to blame sobriety.

Have you considered drinking again?

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 867
Likes : 158
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:50 am

For me it's a nobrainer to keep all 4. I'm really impressed with the progression Dobbs has made.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3538
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:48 pm

can't wait to see the real Fichtner offense this season.

_________________
you can't always get no satisfaction  
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2445
Likes : 1135
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   Mon Aug 20, 2018 4:44 pm

Landry Jones continues to heat up Steelers' QB battle

By BRYAN DEARDO

Landry Jones isn't making Pittsburgh's decisions at backup quarterback any easier. On Sunday, Jones completed four of his five pass attempts that included a touchdown pass in one of the Steelers' two-minute drills during the team's practice from Heinz Field. By all accounts, Jones has enjoyed a very solid summer of practices while possibly having the best offseason of his six-year career. While he didn't play in last Thursday's preseason loss to the Packers, Jones completed all four of attempts for 83 yards that included a 71-yard touchdown pass to JuJu Smith-Schuster in the team's preseason opener in Philadelphia.

The 29-year-old Jones has an unknown future in Pittsburgh. While he is signed through the 2019 season, Steelers' GM Kevin Colbert has already said that the team won't keep four quarterbacks on the 53-man roster. With Ben Roethlisberger and Mason Rudolph's place on the 53-man roster secure, the third and final spot will come down to Jones or second year quarterback Josh Dobbs, who completed 12-of-18 passes for 192 yards with two touchdowns and an interception last Thursday night while playing the entire second half.

Jones, who is 3-2 as Pittsburgh's starting quarterback that includes victories in his last two starts, said that the team's confidence in his ability has given him the confidence to play and to play well whenever he enters the lineup

to read rest of article:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Landry-Jones-continues-to-heat-up-Pittsburgh-Steelers-QB-battle-120846378/

_________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph   

Back to top Go down
 
Fichtner Knows There’s One Too Many In QB Room After Drafting Rudolph
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: