HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Here's what the Steelers offense should look like in 2018 and beyond

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Here's what the Steelers offense should look like in 2018 and beyond   Tue May 01, 2018 5:02 pm

Here's what the Steelers offense should look like in 2018 and beyond if everything falls into place

When that day arrives, we'll be asking if the Steelers have done enough to prepare for life after Big Ben

by Ryan Wilson

Any conversation about the Steelers' offense begins with Ben Roethlisberger, who was the team's first-round pick back in 2004, has been the starter ever since, and says he want to play another 2-3 seasons. And while Big Ben has a 135-63 career regular-season record and has helped Pittsburgh to three Super Bowls and two Lombardi Trophies, he's benefitted from some of the league's best playmakers on both sides of the ball.

When Roethlisberger came into the league, he had Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis. The names have changed -- Santonio Holmes, Willie Parker, Mike Wallace, Heath Miller and now Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell -- but the results have mostly remained unchanged. And we say mostly because the only two non-winning seasons in the Mike Tomlin era (back-to-back 8-8 campaigns in 2012 and 2013) were a direct result of fielding the league's worst defenses.

to read rest of article:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-what-the-steelers-offense-should-look-like-in-2018-and-beyond-if-everything-falls-into-place/

PostSubject: Re: Here's what the Steelers offense should look like in 2018 and beyond   Sun May 06, 2018 8:35 pm

How Jaylen Samuels can be just what the doctor ordered for the Steelers offense

The Steelers newest offensive weapon could be a game changer.
By BuzzkillSteelers
May 6, 2018

Considering the Pittsburgh Steelers draft class, outside of the Terrell Edmunds pick, there seemed to be significant value overall in the draft. However, on my big board and overall, Jaylen Samuels was the best value. Graded to be a early third rounder by me, I found Samuels to be the most intriguing offensive prospect in the draft. It is not because he is necessarily the best, or the most explosive athlete in the draft, but what it is a lock and key fit for the Steelers.

Samuels is not only a RB, but a WR, TE, and FB. Never doubt what he can add, but also who the guy is overall. Samuels is the most versatile player in the draft. He can move chains, he can run routes, and he can run out of the backfield. There is not much more you could ask of the guy. It inherently should find him snaps due to this versatility, so let’s see how he fits within the offense.

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/5/6/17305804/how-jaylen-samuels-can-be-just-what-the-doctor-ordered-for-the-steelers-offense-leveon-bell-nfl

PostSubject: Re: Here's what the Steelers offense should look like in 2018 and beyond   Sun May 06, 2018 9:33 pm

That could be in the working to that of in the advantage to have that of Samuels. As really look forward to him.

PostSubject: Re: Here's what the Steelers offense should look like in 2018 and beyond   Mon May 07, 2018 3:19 am

Maybe Bell should be more worried about Samuels than Ben is (supposedly) about Rudolph
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Here's what the Steelers offense should look like in 2018 and beyond   Mon May 07, 2018 6:11 am

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
Maybe Bell should be more worried about Samuels than Ben is (supposedly) about Rudolph

and the RB the Steelers will draft in the 2019 draft.

PostSubject: Re: Here's what the Steelers offense should look like in 2018 and beyond   Mon May 07, 2018 7:48 am

Samuels is my favourite pick in this year's draft. I hope Fichtner will use him well.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Here's what the Steelers offense should look like in 2018 and beyond   Mon May 07, 2018 9:15 am

Good article Hawaii! I like what I hear. Think about this scenario: Bell decides to hold out until week 10 while Samuels lights it up. Bell ends up playing the last 6 games as a backup to a rookie. What do you think that would do for his contract negotiations with whoever next year?

Talk about Karma.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here's what the Steelers offense should look like in 2018 and beyond   

Back to top Go down

Here's what the Steelers offense should look like in 2018 and beyond
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: