HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Sun May 06, 2018 4:17 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Ben's not the only one:

Lamar Jackson not being warmly welcomed by Joe Flacco, Ravens already impressed

The Ravens are already gushing over Lamar Jackson

by John Breech

If the NFL wants to put together a dramatic reality show this year, they should skip out on Hard Knocks and just put a camera in the quarterback room of every team in the AFC North.
Not only do we have the ongoing drama in Pittsburgh with Ben Roethlisberger and the Steelers, but it appears that Joe Flacco hasn't exactly broken out the welcome wagon for Baltimore's newest quarterback, Lamar Jackson.

to read rest of article:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lamar-jackson-not-being-warmly-welcomed-by-joe-flacco-ravens-already-impressed/

It's understandable in Cleveland. They draft a QB of the future every year. But here and Baltimore we have Divas. I can understand Flacco being upset since he's "the best QB in the league." Just ask him. That being said I hope Jackson is a bust.
Back to top Go down
bayz101

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Sun May 06, 2018 6:23 pm

I think Ben needs to use his brain a little more in his radio shows.

Some of the best quarterbacks have learned behind even better quarterbacks...Ben apparently didn't stop to think that Mason learning and watching him for however long he may be around isn't a bad thing. Third round picks aren't really "now" talent, anyway, and if they are it's a diamond in the rough.

He also needs to realize that less than a year and a half ago he was signaling retirement...I don't think it's a coincidence he's feeling awfully rejuvenated after a healthy season?

For someone who preached about drama in the locker room, his radio show sure seems to have a lot of juicy unfiltered goodness!

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Sun May 06, 2018 6:24 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
James C Wexell@jimwexell

James C Wexell Retweeted mike freeman

Bradshaw, 35, said he would play 5 more years.
So Steelers passed on Marino.
Rooney cited the mistake in drafting Ben.
Rinse and repeat, but learn from history. Ben’s 36.

https://twitter.com/jimwexell?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Excellent post!

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Mon May 07, 2018 5:05 am

I'm so sick of reading "Ben contemplated retirement" without fans and print media adding WHY he did so in the first place.

Ben is rejuvinated because Haley is gone and his trusted confidant Randy Fitchner is now OC. The "retirement talk" was spurned by his dislike of Haley as OC. Period.

People need to wake up and stop comparing him to Favre. Because Favre you know, actually RETIRED from the Packers.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=3276034
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Mon May 07, 2018 6:13 am

^^^

this could be Ben's last contract with the Steelers.

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Mon May 07, 2018 10:51 am

From a buisness stand point and what top tier QBs are now commanding in this market if MR shows signs after this year of being able to command the offense I can see them not extending BBs contract just based on the money. Letting MR take over in his 3rd year is as optimal as it can get for a QB and very cap friendly to the organization at that point for two more years at least.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Mon May 07, 2018 10:59 am

http://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/breakfastwithbenz/13623780-74/tim-benz-with-his-qb-comments-roethlisberger-brings-circus-to-town?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+tribunereviewsteelers+%28Steelers+Stories%29
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Mon May 07, 2018 12:45 pm

The kid has class I like him already.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/5/7/17297116/mason-rudolph-is-saying-all-the-right-things-after-ben-roethlisbergers-comments-steelers-news
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Tue May 08, 2018 1:57 am

You’d Think Ben Roethlisberger Might Have Learned Something From the QB Whose Job He Took

Big Ben implied he might leave rookie quarterback (and potential heir) Mason Rudolph to fend for himself, a far cry from how incumbent Tommy Maddox mentored and praised Roethsliberger even as the rookie was supplanting him in 2004

By ROBERT KLEMKO May 07, 2018

Hey Big Ben, I have a quick question for you. I know you’re busy with a lot of radio these days, so I won’t take much of your time. I wonder, do you remember Tommy Maddox? You must not, or else you probably wouldn’t have questioned the Steelers’ decision to draft your potential successor after consecutive offseasons in which you hinted at impending retirement. And you certainly wouldn’t have pledged to withhold what would be some supremely valuable mentorship to Mason Rudolph, the 22-year-old quarterback your team drafted in the third round this year.

A refresher course for you, in case you forgot.

to read rest of article:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/05/07/ben-roethlisberger-mason-rudolph-tommy-maddox-steelers-quarterbacks

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Tue May 08, 2018 2:57 am

That article was complete shit. Didn't mention how Maddox and his agent Vann McElroy were upset that they drafted Ben. Didn't mention that some of the comments he's listing in the article Ben was clearly talking in a sarcastic tone.

For this SI joker actually state that Ben's legacy is on the line? That is downright comical.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Tue May 08, 2018 10:07 am

It’s not just BB...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2774796-ben-roethlisberger-and-the-rise-of-the-oversensitive-franchise-quarterback
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Tue May 08, 2018 10:19 am

Maddox just wasn’t a HoF bound QB...

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/5/8/17325636/although-less-public-tommy-maddox-had-similar-emotions-when-ben-roethlisberger-was-drafted-steelers
Back to top Go down
Crash

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Tue May 08, 2018 10:51 am

He said no meeting was planned Monday, backing up what Dan Rooney has said, and that the Steelers advised him they might draft a quarterback on the first round.

McElroy said Maddox, the Steelers' starter the past two seasons, was upset by the choice of a quarterback with the 11th overall pick Saturday.

April 29 2004

"You can lose with me, but you can't win without me"

-Terry Bradshaw to former teammate Dwight White

"I'll never sit behind a second year man. It's obvious Noll will have to make a decison at the end of the year. I really don't mind if I don't start. But Terry (Hanratty) is young and I'm young. If the coach says he's no. 1 then fine, ship me out"

-Terry Bradshaw Nov 3 1970

"He doesn't talk to me. He doesn't call me, but he makes these statements. He ought to just keep his mouth shut and pay attention to the draft and take care of business."

-Terry Bradshaw to Chuck Noll February 1984

"I feel I'm good enough to be starting for some team in the NFL this weekend, so if I'm not going to be starting here, I wish they would trade me to a team that needs me"

-Terry Bradshaw September 12 1974

"I kept hearing I'd be traded to San Francisco. Man I would love that. I even went so far as to go into the locker room singing 'I left my heart in San Francisco'. Nobody laughed or said a word. I figured maybe I'd get my wish"

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Tue May 08, 2018 4:50 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
It’s not just BB...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2774796-ben-roethlisberger-and-the-rise-of-the-oversensitive-franchise-quarterback

This sums it up.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Tue May 08, 2018 6:09 pm

@Crash wrote:
He said no meeting was planned Monday, backing up what Dan Rooney has said, and that the Steelers advised him they might draft a quarterback on the first round.

McElroy said Maddox, the Steelers' starter the past two seasons, was upset by the choice of a quarterback with the 11th overall pick Saturday.

April 29 2004  

"You can lose with me, but you can't win without me"

-Terry Bradshaw to former teammate Dwight White

"I'll never sit behind a second year man. It's obvious Noll will have to make a decison at the end of the year. I really don't mind if I don't start. But Terry (Hanratty) is young and I'm young. If the coach says he's no. 1 then fine, ship me out"

-Terry Bradshaw Nov 3 1970

"He doesn't talk to me. He doesn't call me, but he makes these statements. He ought to just keep his mouth shut and pay attention to the draft and take care of business."

-Terry Bradshaw to Chuck Noll February 1984

"I feel I'm good enough to be starting for some team in the NFL this weekend, so if I'm not going to be starting here, I wish they would trade me to a team that needs me"

"I kept hearing I'd be traded to San Francisco. Man I would love that. I even went so far as to go into the locker room singing 'I left my heart in San Francisco'. Nobody laughed or said a word. I figured maybe I'd get my wish"

Noll took a big arm who throw a great deep ball and was a athlete but never really learn how to read defenses in college Bradshaw used his arm and his legs to get by at the college level. it was time, Noll's teaching ablity where Bradshaw was able to put it all together and turned out to be the SB winning QB we remember.

if you want to talk junk, Noll drafted Joe Gilliam Joe had a quicker throwing release then Marino if Joe came out of college in the 2000's, Joe would be a HOF QB with his quick throwing release who could make all the throws and hit recievers on target. in those days DBs could bump recievers all the way down field until the ball was in the air and he was a thin pure pocket passer so defenses in those days wouldn't let the reciever the routes they can to day.

when thicker and move around the pocket Bradshaw learned how to read defenses he called his own plays in Noll's offense. Terry had more beef against Noll then Noll had against Bradshaw.

crash i know you'er young and you'll cut and paste stuff to prove you'er point.

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Tue May 08, 2018 7:54 pm

Joe Gilliam wouldn't have made it because Joe Gilliam couldn't stay off the coke. He didn't heed Noll's warning.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Tue May 08, 2018 7:54 pm

@effyou515 wrote:

in those days DBs could bump recievers all the way down field until the ball was in the air and he was a thin pure pocket passer so defenses in those days wouldn't let the reciever the routes they can to day.

Oh those were the days...
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Wed May 09, 2018 3:09 am

@jak341 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:

in those days DBs could bump recievers all the way down field until the ball was in the air and he was a thin pure pocket passer so defenses in those days wouldn't let the reciever the routes they can to day.

Oh those were the days...

Then came the Mel Blount rule.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Wed May 09, 2018 8:08 am

I'll answer the question for Ben. Rudolph helps us win now because Landry Jones can't be trusted to for a single drive, let alone a single game. Ask any fan and they'll tell you if Ben goes down we shutter, we shake & tremble with fear that what could have been will not be.

So Ben, I get it, you don't want to mentor Rudolph. Fine, be THAT guy. However, if you want to keep him off the field then I suggest you get beyond yourself, work your ass off, and bring home another Lombardi.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Wed May 09, 2018 2:42 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
I'll answer the question for Ben.  Rudolph helps us win now because Landry Jones can't be trusted to for a single drive, let alone a single game.  Ask any fan and they'll tell you if Ben goes down we shutter, we shake & tremble with fear that what could have been will not be.

So Ben, I get it, you don't want to mentor Rudolph.  Fine, be THAT guy.  However, if you want to keep him off the field then I suggest you get beyond yourself, work your ass off, and bring home another Lombardi.

Well put Truck. My hope is he helps the team by making Ben look over his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Wed May 09, 2018 3:05 pm

@solardave wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
I'll answer the question for Ben.  Rudolph helps us win now because Landry Jones can't be trusted to for a single drive, let alone a single game.  Ask any fan and they'll tell you if Ben goes down we shutter, we shake & tremble with fear that what could have been will not be.

So Ben, I get it, you don't want to mentor Rudolph.  Fine, be THAT guy.  However, if you want to keep him off the field then I suggest you get beyond yourself, work your ass off, and bring home another Lombardi.

Well put Truck. My hope is he helps the team by making Ben look over his shoulder.

This guys thinks so too...

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/5/9/17329662/ben-roethlisberger-is-motivated-which-makes-the-mason-rudolph-pick-an-a-steelers-2018-nfl-draft
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Wed May 09, 2018 4:05 pm

@Crash wrote:
Joe Gilliam wouldn't have made it because Joe Gilliam couldn't stay off the coke.  He didn't heed Noll's warning.  

he didn't start doing drugs until the Steelers drafted him and he moved to Pittsburgh, with all the drugs the city had to offer with a lot of white fans in the Pittsburgh area sending him death threats plus the pressure of being a starting NFL QB was a bit to much.

I'm glad the Steelers got Ben help with his addiction of drunkin rape tendencies.

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Wed May 09, 2018 7:43 pm

He did drugs in his hometown before he was drafted. That's when it started.

Quote :
I'm glad the Steelers got Ben help with his addiction of drunkin rape tendencies.

They did nothing of the sort.

Funny how people who mention Ben's accusations never mention Charlie Batch.

I wonder why?

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Wed May 09, 2018 8:05 pm

@Crash wrote:
He did drugs in his hometown before he was drafted.  That's when it started.  

Quote :

They did nothing of the sort.  

Funny how people who mention Ben's accusations never mention Charlie Batch.  

I wonder why?  

I don't disagree with you, but to answer your question ... I think it's because Batch wasn't the franchise quarterback and one of the faces of the team. In short, no one cared what Batch did or didn't do. When it comes to fan perceptions and expectations, Ben and Batch aren't on the same playing field, so to speak.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Crash

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Wed May 09, 2018 9:58 pm

But Batch had accusations, and the Steelers signed him two years before Ben was drafted anyway.

Where was the moral outrage in 2002?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   

Back to top Go down

Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: