HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Wed May 09, 2018 11:57 pm

@Crash wrote:
But Batch had accusations, and the Steelers signed him two years before Ben was drafted anyway.  

Where was the moral outrage in 2002?  

Fans are selective in their moral outrage. I have a friend who HATES Ray Lewis. I said to him: "If Ray Lewis played for the Steelers, you'd be wearing his jersey."

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Thu May 10, 2018 9:50 am

We all know BB is HoF bound and his job is pretty much his for as long as he wants it without showing a significant drop off in ability. I am glad that his comments are showing he now has a chip on his shoulder and feels like he has something to prove that works out in the organizations favor. MR may or may not be the heir apparent but if he lit a competitive fire under BB to prove a point then that is alright with me. This team is stocked and ready for Super Bowl runs now they just need to seize the opportunities given them.
Back to top Go down
Crash

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Thu May 10, 2018 12:30 pm

Ben already had the fire lit when they fired Haley.

Not a coincidence that he stated his three year goal as soon as Haley was shown the door.

Ditto for Bryant also.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Thu May 10, 2018 5:09 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Crash wrote:
But Batch had accusations, and the Steelers signed him two years before Ben was drafted anyway.  

Where was the moral outrage in 2002?  

Fans are selective in their moral outrage. I have a friend who HATES Ray Lewis. I said to him: "If Ray Lewis played for the Steelers, you'd be wearing his jersey."

thanks Wally I was just F'ing with Crash (and Burn) and his tunnel vision.

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Thu May 10, 2018 5:45 pm

What Ben said was taken out of context and blown out of proportion. The offseason is a difficult time for the sports media, so they'll take anything and run with it just to drum up ratings.

I do think Ben should probably consider that when saying things to the media, by now he knows the games they play. Some things wre probably best kept behind closed doors.

I get being competitive, but trying to prepare for life after Ben has to be a priority right now for this team. Dobbs and Jones aren't the future. I think taking Rudolph was the right choice. I like the kid, like his intangibles, and his attitude.

Ben will definitely mentor him, Ben is always trying to tutor these younger guys, it'll be no different with Rudolph.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Fri May 11, 2018 2:31 pm

If Ben doesn't want to mentor Mason, he should still keep him close to handle all of his PR.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Fri May 11, 2018 9:01 pm

Rudolph: In Pittsburgh to learn, not ‘bother’ Roethlisberger

AP
May 11, 2018

PITTSBURGH (AP) Mason Rudolph started wearing the No. 2 while playing high school football in South Carolina. He kept it during his record-breaking career at Oklahoma State, where he left as the program’s all-time winningest quarterback.

When the Pittsburgh Steelers let him know No. 2 was available when he reported for rookie minicamp, he jumped at the chance.

The two-time defending AFC North champions raised eyebrows when they traded up to grab Rudolph in the third round of the draft – with general manager Kevin Colbert stressing the team had given Rudolph a first-round grade. Rudolph is well aware that he’s second on the depth chart – and more likely third – behind Ben Roethlisberger and Landry Jones.

to read rest of article:

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/rudolph-in-pittsburgh-to-learn-not-bother-roethlisberger-051118

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Sat May 12, 2018 3:53 am

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-4/Rudolph-settles-in-hears-from-Ben/3d40c6f1-b1f7-4bc8-b07e-fa20d274957c
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Mon May 21, 2018 12:14 am

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Mon May 21, 2018 5:37 am

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

reindeer games

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Mon May 21, 2018 9:52 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

reindeer games

how would you rank the reindeer?

1-4-3-2-7-5-6

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Tue May 22, 2018 4:23 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

reindeer games

1-4-3-2-7-5-6

I'd start with #1 and work my way through #6 then I'd rank them on personality knowledge how we interact, then freakiness.

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Wed May 23, 2018 5:08 am

Yesterday at OTAs

https://www.steelers.com/video/ben-already-helping-young-quarterback
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   Thu May 24, 2018 2:35 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

reindeer games

1-4-3-2-7-5-6

I'd start with #1 and work my way through #6 then I'd rank them on personality knowledge how we interact, then freakiness.  

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?   

Back to top Go down

Big Ben on Rudolph pick: How does it help us win now?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: