HomeReceivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share
 

 Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 17952
Likes : 1545
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptySat May 12, 2018 6:42 pm

PITTSBURGH -- Wide receiver Marcus Tucker first signed as undrafted free agent with the Steelers in 2016, so this weekend marks his third rookie minicamp with the team.

That means he answers a lot of questions from the players experiencing the camp for the first time. It also means he's seen a lot of quarterbacks come and go. On Saturday, he offered his thoughts on third-round pick Mason Rudolph.

"I think the most that I've gotten from him so far is he's got a really big arm, strong arm," Tucker said. "He throws a great ball.

"And I like his leadership thus far. I feel like the kid is really able to bring the team in and get everybody settled and get ready and get rocking. So I'm excited for that and to see where he goes."

Read more: http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2018/05/steelers_wr_on_mason_rudolph.html

_________________
Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4294
Likes : 661
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptySun May 13, 2018 5:48 am

Sounds like someone else we've known for 14+ years with a stronger arm and Washington reminds me a little of Hines. The potential upside here is huge.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3827
Likes : 572
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptySun May 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Fichtner has two years to get MR in NFL QB shape and game plans that fits MR QB ability I doubt the Steelers want to pay 30 million a year contract to BR.

_________________
Guess this wasn't a playoff team after all.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4294
Likes : 661
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptyMon May 14, 2018 5:25 am

@effyou515 wrote:
Fichtner has two years to get MR in NFL QB shape and game plans that fits MR QB ability I doubt the Steelers want to pay 30 million a year contract to BR.

I may be wrong but I don't see Ben playing longer than 2 more years. At least not at the level that merits that kind of money. I think Rudolph is our starter in 2020 if not sooner.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 848
Likes : 141
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptyMon May 14, 2018 10:04 am

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
Fichtner has two years to get MR in NFL QB shape and game plans that fits MR QB ability I doubt the Steelers want to pay 30 million a year contract to BR.

I may be wrong but I don't see Ben playing longer than 2 more years. At least not at the level that merits that kind of money. I think Rudolph is our starter in 2020 if not sooner.

MR has to impress in camp and preseason. If he can take the #2 spot from Jones that will be an indicator as well as how he does when opportunities arise if BB gets hurt. If he takes the 2 spot and makes a solid showing of his abilities covering for injuries and preseason then I think from a business stand point it makes better sense for the team to go with MR but that’s a lot of pieces falling into the right places.

Matt Ryan is now making 30 million a year. Aaron Rodgers contract is up this year and he is going to make even more. Tom Brady is talking about his contract as well. BB could command up to 35 million a year by the time his contract sit down is being discussed at 37 going in to 38... That’s a shit ton of money for a QB with a lot of miles on his body. Compare that to MRs team friendly rookie contract and the “business” aspect of the sport kicks in.

It will be a very interesting next couple of years for the organization to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 17952
Likes : 1545
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptyMon May 14, 2018 12:54 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
MR has to impress in camp and preseason. If he can take the #2 spot from Jones that will be an indicator as well as how he does when opportunities arise if BB gets hurt. If he takes the 2 spot and makes a solid showing of his abilities covering for injuries and preseason then I think from a business stand point it makes better sense for the team to go with MR but that’s a lot of pieces falling into the right places.

Matt Ryan is now making 30 million a year. Aaron Rodgers contract is up this year and he is going to make even more. Tom Brady is talking about his contract as well. BB could command up to 35 million a year by the time his contract sit down is being discussed at 37 going in to 38... That’s a shit ton of money for a QB with a lot of miles on his body. Compare that to MRs team friendly rookie contract and the “business” aspect of the sport kicks in.

It will be a very interesting next couple of years for the organization to say the least.

Spot on.

_________________
Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 948
Likes : 379
Join date : 2011-04-08

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptyTue May 15, 2018 2:54 pm

i think we all already know how this QB "competition" is going to play out. Dobb's would have to complete every pass he throws from now until the end of preseason to stay on the roster. either that or rudolf will need to look like he has never thrown a football before.
landry jones isn't going anywhere. admit it or not, he has improved the last few years , and tomlin is big on game time experience.
in preseason i'd like to see both dobbs and rudolf play an entire game.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 898
Likes : 181
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptyWed May 16, 2018 2:29 pm

Thanks for posting. It's cool seeing Rudolph throw his 1st Steelers passes.

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
MR has to impress in camp and preseason. If he can take the #2 spot from Jones that will be an indicator as well as how he does when opportunities arise if BB gets hurt. If he takes the 2 spot and makes a solid showing of his abilities covering for injuries and preseason then I think from a business stand point it makes better sense for the team to go with MR but that’s a lot of pieces falling into the right places.

Matt Ryan is now making 30 million a year. Aaron Rodgers contract is up this year and he is going to make even more. Tom Brady is talking about his contract as well. BB could command up to 35 million a year by the time his contract sit down is being discussed at 37 going in to 38... That’s a shit ton of money for a QB with a lot of miles on his body. Compare that to MRs team friendly rookie contract and the “business” aspect of the sport kicks in.

It will be a very interesting next couple of years for the organization to say the least.

I think there is at least some chance Rudolph takes the #2 spot with a strong summer. Maybe the business side of things is the crux of Ben's not being receptive to the idea of drafting Rudolph. The Steelers have shown they will sometimes ask aging stars to take pay cuts. Maybe Ben is worried about getting that last big contract to last him to age 40ish.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3827
Likes : 572
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptyWed May 16, 2018 7:15 pm

I believe Rudolph opens some eyes this training camp and people will see why the Steelers drafted him in the 3rd round.

he's talented and he's a great study and film geek of the game.

_________________
Guess this wasn't a playoff team after all.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3827
Likes : 572
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptyWed May 16, 2018 8:47 pm

been watching some film on Rudolph I tell you he throws a great bubble screen pass. Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp 1378315869


_________________
Guess this wasn't a playoff team after all.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

Steeler-in-west

Posts : 386
Likes : 73
Join date : 2015-04-16
Location : Pacific rim

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptyThu May 17, 2018 3:02 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
PITTSBURGH -- Wide receiver Marcus Tucker first signed as undrafted free agent with the Steelers in 2016, so this weekend marks his third rookie minicamp with the team.

That means he answers a lot of questions from the players experiencing the camp for the first time. It also means he's seen a lot of quarterbacks come and go. On Saturday, he offered his thoughts on third-round pick Mason Rudolph.

"I think the most that I've gotten from him so far is he's got a really big arm, strong arm," Tucker said. "He throws a great ball.

"And I like his leadership thus far.  I feel like the kid is really able to bring the team in and get everybody settled and get ready and get rocking. So I'm excited for that and to see where he goes."

Read more: http://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2018/05/steelers_wr_on_mason_rudolph.html

Really big strong arm? I think i read somewhere, BTSC i think, that his arm is not that strong, throws a deep ball 52 mph, which is considered low. However, his passes looked fine in his college highlights so maybe Tucker is right....
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

Posts : 192
Likes : 32
Join date : 2015-04-12

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptyThu May 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Yeah as really need to know the difference between making throws in college and in the NFL. As they are different. But so far like what I see!

_________________
October Skies!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4294
Likes : 661
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp EmptyFri May 18, 2018 4:39 am

In one of his highlight videos he threw 55 yards flat footed. I'll take it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp   Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Receivers review Mason Rudolph's performance at Steelers rookie minicamp
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: