HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2437
Likes : 1134
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Thu May 24, 2018 4:04 pm

Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy

By SAM QUINN

Artie Burns, like the rest of the Pittsburgh Steelers, made a very controversial decision before their Week 3 game against the Chicago Bears. The Steelers decided to sit out the National Anthem as a way to protest comments made by President Donald Trump. He remembers what followed: months of criticism, fans saying that they would give up the team, a whole lot of distractions that hindered the team's football performance. The decision that the Steelers made shined a light on them. It put a target on their back that made the center of the National Anthem debate whether they liked it or not.

And now, Burns believes the NFL is doing that to all of its players.

to read rest of article:

https://www.scout.com/Article/Artie-Burns-is-not-happy-with-new-NFL-National-Anthem-policy-118495166

_________________
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 506
Likes : 109
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Thu May 24, 2018 5:15 pm

My wife and I both served  (Comabt Corpsman in the Navy and she was an Air Force Medic) and it doesn’t bother us one bit that they take a knee considering what they are doing it for. That’s the real reason we both served so people in this country have the right to protest injustice without the threat of persecution.

Forced signs of patriotism smells a lot like Fascism to us...

Besides the players used to stay in the locker rooms before the National Anthem until the Armed Forces payed the NFL to make it a spectacle and the NFL mandated that the teams come out for the Anthem.

My wife and I both stand but we fully understand and support those young men who chose not to and their reasoning behind it. It’s probably the most Patriotic thing people can do. I may disagree with it but I will defend their right to do it and put on a uniform and served to prove that.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3130
Likes : 536
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Thu May 24, 2018 6:46 pm

I'm going to the root of the problem in the hood, big time stepped on coke and having kids that you can't afford before your 18.

some in crackerville getting fucked up having kids in high school doesn't end well.

_________________
Pigs rule, Dogs enforce, Sheep abide.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2437
Likes : 1134
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Thu May 24, 2018 8:44 pm

Jets acting owner: I'll pay fines if my players don't stand for national anthem

By CHRISTOPHER BRITO CBS NEWS
May 23, 2018

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-york-jets-nfl-christopher-johnson-national-anthem-kneeling-woody-johnson-president-trump/

_________________
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11201
Likes : 763
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Fri May 25, 2018 7:57 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
My wife and I both served  (Comabt Corpsman in the Navy and she was an Air Force Medic) and it doesn’t bother us one bit that they take a knee considering what they are doing it for. That’s the real reason we both served so people in this country have the right to protest injustice without the threat of persecution.

Forced signs of patriotism smells a lot like Fascism to us...

Besides the players used to stay in the locker rooms before the National Anthem until the Armed Forces payed the NFL to make it a spectacle and the NFL mandated that the teams come out for the Anthem.

My wife and I both stand but we fully understand and support those young men who chose not to and their reasoning behind it. It’s probably the most Patriotic thing people can do. I may disagree with it but I will defend their right to do it and put on a uniform and served to prove that.

I agree with you. I served in the US Navy so the freedoms we have would not go away. They have the right to kneel just like every other jackass has the right to walk around during the National Anthem (as they do at every sporting event).

While I find the actions (both kneeling during, and walking around during) rude and disrespectful, it is their right to do so. However, if you're protesting something and you want me to hear your cause I would suggest you do it in a manner in which I'm willing to listen. Disrespecting the flag and the anthem isn't going to get me to listen.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17394
Likes : 1450
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Fri May 25, 2018 11:58 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
My wife and I both served  (Comabt Corpsman in the Navy and she was an Air Force Medic) and it doesn’t bother us one bit that they take a knee considering what they are doing it for.

I have a different perspective than you on the kneeling issue, but first and foremost, thank you for your service.

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
That's the real reason we both served so people in this country have the right to protest injustice without the threat of persecution.

That's an honorable reason to serve, but are you suggesting that NFL players who kneel are being persecuted? The NFL insists on conformity. Players are fined for "infractions" like violating the dress code. Heck, Heyward kept getting fined for honoring his father by writing his nickname on the tape under his eyes. They want players to stand for the anthem and not anger a sizeable number of fans, while still giving players a way to opt out by staying in the locker room. I don't see how this equates to being persecuted.

I don't know about you, but if I engaged in any sort of protest at work, especially one that brought public scrutiny to our company, I'd be fired on the spot. That's true for almost all of us. Why should athletes be exempt from this reasonable standard?

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Forced signs of patriotism smells a lot like Fascism to us...

If it's being done by the goverment, then I agree with you. But the NFL isn't the government. My company dictates when I have to be there and when I can leave, when I can eat lunch, when I can take breaks, and what I have to wear. I have no First Amendment rights. In fact, if I'm seen standing around talking about anything, I'll get reprimanded. And as I said earlier, if I engage in any form of protest, for any reason, I'd be fired on the spot. Is all of that fascism?

Also, on Monday, many workers will be off in honor of Memorial Day. Is that forced patriotism?

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
My wife and I both stand but we fully understand and support those young men who chose not to and their reasoning behind it. It’s probably the most Patriotic thing people can do. I may disagree with it but I will defend their right to do it and put on a uniform and served to prove that.

I fully agree with you on this. It's easy to defend things we agree with, but very difficult to defend things we disagree with. But it's the things we disagree with that must be defended in order to live in a free society.

Where I think confusion sets in is separating government from private companies. The government can't take away my right to free speech, but my company can. The government can't tell me what to wear and when to eat, but my company can. And the government can't take away my right to protest, but my company can. If I don't like the rules established by my employer, I'm free to work somewhere else. And all of that applies to NFL players as well. I fail to see why they should be exempt from the same standards millions of American workers abide by every day.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.


Last edited by Wallace108 on Fri May 25, 2018 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17394
Likes : 1450
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Fri May 25, 2018 12:21 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
I agree with you.  I served in the US Navy so the freedoms we have would not go away.  They have the right to kneel just like every other jackass has the right to walk around during the National Anthem (as they do at every sporting event).

As I explained in my post above, there's a difference between the goverment and private companies. The government can't take away your freedoms (well, it's not supposed to be able to), but your company can. You can call the president an asshole without any repercussions, but I challenge you to walk up to your boss and call him/her an asshole.

The government can't take away my right to protest, but my company can. And does. Just like most workers, many of my freedoms are denied by my employer. I assume the same standard applies to you. Why should NFL players be exempt from this standard?

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3026
Likes : 549
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Mon May 28, 2018 1:40 pm

As has been said a lot of our freedoms we enjoy outside of work end at the time clock. I'm all for standing up for what you believe in. However when an "employer" makes a rule we as employees really only have 2 choices. "Take it or leave it". The NFL owners also leave the option to stay in the locker room. I quit more than one job where I disagreed with company politics. I wasn't making millions per year but I also felt that I was under paid. Kind of like a dirt poor LeVeon,minus all the talent.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 706
Likes : 352
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Mon May 28, 2018 6:11 pm

nice debating wally..

i'd also like to add that these players have other venues they could address the topic on that would be far more effective than a silent protest. these guys constantly have reporters around them , but yet has any of them ever brought this issue up then ? nope. have you ever seen an NFL player or any high profile athlete attend any of the BLM rallies (protest) nope. when they are on as guest on sports talk shows , TV or radio , outside of the anthem controversy, do they ever really talk about the issue of police brutality against blacks ? offer any solutions ?
i guess a silent protest once a week is as far as they are willing to go.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17394
Likes : 1450
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Mon May 28, 2018 8:15 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nice debating wally..

Don't encourage me. It never ends well.

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'd also like to add that these players have other venues they could address the topic on that would be far more effective than a silent protest. these guys constantly have reporters around them

Spot on. And even beyond access to traditional media, they have access to tens of thousands or even millions of people through social media. If they want to make a statement or get a message out, they have a number of ways to reach an audience of millions without offending half the fan base and bringing unwanted scrutiny to their employer. NFL players don't need to protest during a game to have their voices heard.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2882
Likes : 1179
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Tue May 29, 2018 1:47 am

My thoughts on the matter are that they are at their place of work. It's no different than a kid working at McDonald's, or me working in a correctional setting. We don't get to use our place of work as a platform for our political protests. At the end of the day, you're representing the company that is employing you. In the case of these players it's their respective franchise for which they play, and the NFL as a league. The workplace is not a place for political protests. Plain and simple. The NFL says this is how they want to portray their company image, then the NFL has the right to tell the players that certain conduct isn't allowed. It's not a matter of a person's individual rights, it's a matter of employment and policies in regards to representing the company you work for.

Me personally, I've had enough of the kneeling talk. I'm tired of hearing about it in the one escape that I enjoy outside of video games. I don't need rich NFL players trying to shove their politics down my throat every weekend. It's ridiculous. They have their Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc... for that, outside of work, and off of my TV on gamedays.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11201
Likes : 763
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Tue May 29, 2018 7:58 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
I agree with you.  I served in the US Navy so the freedoms we have would not go away.  They have the right to kneel just like every other jackass has the right to walk around during the National Anthem (as they do at every sporting event).

As I explained in my post above, there's a difference between the goverment and private companies. The government can't take away your freedoms (well, it's not supposed to be able to), but your company can. You can call the president an asshole without any repercussions, but I challenge you to walk up to your boss and call him/her an asshole.

The government can't take away my right to protest, but my company can. And does. Just like most workers, many of my freedoms are denied by my employer. I assume the same standard applies to you. Why should NFL players be exempt from this standard?

I think there's a huge difference between calling your boss an asshole (which some players have called Goodell), and calling their new policies idiotic (which some players have already stated).

Look the players didn't do themselves any favors by protesting. However, the NFL just through fire on a flame which was almost going out on it's own.

IMO, if you've got a confident owner/boss, then yeah you can call him an asshole (with reason, not just for shites and giggles), and still have your job. As for a company taking away your freedoms, I believe this is why/how unions started in the first place.

I think it would've been better for the NFL to just stop taking money from the military, and tell teams they will now stay in the locker room during the national anthem.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11201
Likes : 763
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Tue May 29, 2018 8:00 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nice debating wally..

i'd also like to add that these players have other venues they could address the topic on that would be far more effective than a silent protest. these guys constantly have reporters around them , but yet has any of them ever brought this issue up then ? nope. have you ever seen an NFL player or any high profile athlete attend any of the BLM rallies (protest) nope. when they are on as guest on sports talk shows , TV or radio , outside of the anthem controversy, do they ever really talk about the issue of police brutality against blacks ? offer any solutions ?
i guess a silent protest once a week is as far as they are willing to go.

Definitely. As I've mentioned before, if you want me to hear your protest then do it in a manner in which I don't see it as rude/disrespectful.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11201
Likes : 763
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Tue May 29, 2018 8:02 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
My thoughts on the matter are that they are at their place of work. It's no different than a kid working at McDonald's, or me working in a correctional setting. We don't get to use our place of work as a platform for our political protests. At the end of the day, you're representing the company that is employing you. In the case of these players it's their respective franchise for which they play, and the NFL as a league. The workplace is not a place for political protests. Plain and simple. The NFL says this is how they want to portray their company image, then the NFL has the right to tell the players that certain conduct isn't allowed. It's not a matter of a person's individual rights, it's a matter of employment and policies in regards to representing the company you work for.

Me personally, I've had enough of the kneeling talk. I'm tired of hearing about it in the one escape that I enjoy outside of video games. I don't need rich NFL players trying to shove their politics down my throat every weekend. It's ridiculous. They have their Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc... for that, outside of work, and off of my TV on gamedays.

And the congregation shouted AMEN!

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2437
Likes : 1134
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Tue May 29, 2018 2:51 pm

Torrey Smith: New anthem policy could “stir things up”

Posted by Mike Florio on May 29, 2018

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/29/torrey-smith-new-anthem-policy-could-stir-things-up/

_________________
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17394
Likes : 1450
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Tue May 29, 2018 3:32 pm

ABC just canceled Roseanne's show because of some ignorant comments she made on Twitter. So here's my question ... is ABC violating her right to free speech? For anyone who believes the NFL doesn't have the right to stop players from kneeling, or that it is violating their free speech rights, do you apply the same standard to Roseanne and ABC? If not, why?

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515



Posts : 3130
Likes : 536
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Tue May 29, 2018 4:20 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
ABC just canceled Roseanne's show because of some ignorant comments she made on Twitter. So here's my question ... is ABC violating her right to free speech? For anyone who believes the NFL doesn't have the right to stop players from kneeling, or that it is violating their free speech rights, do you apply the same standard to Roseanne and ABC? If not, why?

Roseanne is white the media hates the white privilege ethnic privilege not so much.

_________________
Pigs rule, Dogs enforce, Sheep abide.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 506
Likes : 109
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Tue May 29, 2018 10:17 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
ABC just canceled Roseanne's show because of some ignorant comments she made on Twitter. So here's my question ... is ABC violating her right to free speech? For anyone who believes the NFL doesn't have the right to stop players from kneeling, or that it is violating their free speech rights, do you apply the same standard to Roseanne and ABC? If not, why?

Disney-ABC cancelled the show. She still can’t tweet as much raspiest bullshit as she wants if anyone is wanting to listen. So her right to free speech isn’t being infringed on the media company decided they didn’t want a rascist turd representing any aspect of their product.

You have the right to be as rascist as you want. However you should be ready Andy willing to accept the consequences for being a turd of humanity.
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

avatar

Posts : 160
Likes : 28
Join date : 2015-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Tue May 29, 2018 10:30 pm

Torrey Smith has a point. Over on it in the anthem. And really it could stir up lots of trouble and a lot of in the NFL viewership going down once again.

_________________
Back to School!!
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11201
Likes : 763
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Wed May 30, 2018 8:22 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
ABC just canceled Roseanne's show because of some ignorant comments she made on Twitter. So here's my question ... is ABC violating her right to free speech? For anyone who believes the NFL doesn't have the right to stop players from kneeling, or that it is violating their free speech rights, do you apply the same standard to Roseanne and ABC? If not, why?

I'll bite.

I believe the players have the right to protest. Regardless if I find their method rude & disrespectful. I said it before, if you want me to listen, then protest in a method in which I'll actually be able to hear you.

In regards to Roseanne, I could care less about her random idiotic tweets. She's entitled to them. For ABC to cancel the show because she went on a twitter rampage is just as stoopid as the NFL make a reactionary policy to the National Anthem.

IMO, we've become so soft and sensitive no one is allowed to have a difference of opinion. Yes Roseanne's comments were rude and disrespectful and I really think she should've weighed her words more carefully. However, Roseanne is also listed as a comedian. Comedians by nature will place their toes on the lines and wiggle them just to see if they can get a reaction.

Where was the outrage when Chris Rock joked about more white kids being shot? What, because he's not relevant right now he gets a pass? Is it because he's black he gets a pass? Or maybe it just didn't fit the narrative? Take your pick.

Back in the day when people didn't like what was on the tv/radio, they either turned the station or turned it off. It's a standard we need to raise again. I ignored Kaepernick's kneeling as well as the rest of the NFL Player's protest. I ignored Chris Rock's comments b/c I'm able to recognize he's a comedian and they say terrible things to get a laugh.
I ignore Roseanne for the same reason.

Just like when the protests first started, people turned off the games. Same thing with the show. ABC should've waited to cancel the show. Let the fans speak. If the show drops in ratings, then you have a legit reason to cancel the show.

Doesn't matter, people are so reactive, the moment anyone says something which is controversial, then it's get the hook.

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17394
Likes : 1450
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Wed May 30, 2018 12:31 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
ABC just canceled Roseanne's show because of some ignorant comments she made on Twitter. So here's my question ... is ABC violating her right to free speech? For anyone who believes the NFL doesn't have the right to stop players from kneeling, or that it is violating their free speech rights, do you apply the same standard to Roseanne and ABC? If not, why?

Disney-ABC cancelled the show. She still can’t tweet as much raspiest bullshit as she wants if anyone is wanting to listen. So her right to free speech isn’t being infringed on the media company decided they didn’t want a rascist turd representing any aspect of their product.

You have the right to be as rascist as you want. However you should be ready Andy willing to accept the consequences for being a turd of humanity.

Compare what you said in your first post to what you said in the one above, especially this part ...

it doesn’t bother us one bit that they take a knee considering what they are doing it for.

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me this is what you're saying:

If I agree with what someone says or does, their employer doesn't have the right to take action against them. But if I disagree with what someone says or does, their employer does have the right to take action against them.

In your above post, you said ...

You have the right to be as rascist as you want. However you should be ready Andy willing to accept the consequences for being a turd of humanity.

That's 100 percent spot on. But now lets tweak it a little and apply it to the NFL ...

Players have the right to protest. However, they should be ready and willing to accept the consequences for hurting their employer.

Here's the bottom line:
Roseanne has the right to free speech, and the players have the right to protest. And ABC and the NFL have the right to not be associated with that speech and protest.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515



Posts : 3130
Likes : 536
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Wed May 30, 2018 4:49 pm



Here's the bottom line:
Roseanne has the right to free speech, and the players have the right to protest. And ABC and the NFL have the right to not be associated with that speech and protest.

both are a little insane in the brain pampered actress pampered football players.

_________________
Pigs rule, Dogs enforce, Sheep abide.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 2882
Likes : 1179
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:36 am

Think of it this way, if I was to go and protest while wearing my work uniform, or in the process of working. I would be disciplined, and possibly terminated for my actions. Why should it be any different for a player in the NFL? Just because they are celebrity athletes doesn't mean they should be invulnerable to the same rules and policies that govern every other working man and woman in this country. They are free to say and do what they want off of company time just like anyone else so long as they are not violating company policy.

Again I'm going to say that I don't pay for merchandise, I don't pay for services such as Sunday Ticket, or tickets to games among other things to watch people try to use the entertainment I pay to see as a means to force their political agenda down my throat and that of others. I pay to watch football, I pay to be entertained. If I wanted to watch politics I'd turn on CNN or some other mainstream drivel that can't function a day of their lives without turning everything into a controversial political debate. Football should be an escape from the crap, not a continuation of it.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 706
Likes : 352
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:24 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nice debating wally..

Don't encourage me. It never ends well.  

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'd also like to add that these players have other venues they could address the topic on that would be far more effective than a silent protest. these guys constantly have reporters around them

Spot on. And even beyond access to traditional media, they have access to tens of thousands or even millions of people through social media. If they want to make a statement or get a message out, they have a number of ways to reach an audience of millions without offending half the fan base and bringing unwanted scrutiny to their employer. NFL players don't need to protest during a game to have their voices heard.

look wally , Dak agrees with us ...



“I never protest,” Prescott said. “I never protest during the anthem, and I don’t think that’s the time or the venue to do so. The game of football has always brought me such peace, and I think it does the same for a lot of people — a lot of people playing the game, a lot of people watching the game, a lot of people who have any impact of the game — so when you bring such controversy to the stadium, to the field, to the game it takes away. It takes away from that, it takes away from the joy and the love that football brings a lot of people.

Prescott later said he respects the decision of the players who do protest, but added that he’s more about action as opposed to silent protests.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dak-prescott-gets-called-raiders-linebacker-critical-player-protests-044319643.html
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17394
Likes : 1450
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:04 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
nice debating wally..

Don't encourage me. It never ends well.  

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i'd also like to add that these players have other venues they could address the topic on that would be far more effective than a silent protest. these guys constantly have reporters around them

Spot on. And even beyond access to traditional media, they have access to tens of thousands or even millions of people through social media. If they want to make a statement or get a message out, they have a number of ways to reach an audience of millions without offending half the fan base and bringing unwanted scrutiny to their employer. NFL players don't need to protest during a game to have their voices heard.

look wally , Dak agrees with us ...



   “I never protest,” Prescott said. “I never protest during the anthem, and I don’t think that’s the time or the venue to do so. The game of football has always brought me such peace, and I think it does the same for a lot of people — a lot of people playing the game, a lot of people watching the game, a lot of people who have any impact of the game — so when you bring such controversy to the stadium, to the field, to the game it takes away. It takes away from that, it takes away from the joy and the love that football brings a lot of people.

Prescott later said he respects the decision of the players who do protest, but added that he’s more about action as opposed to silent protests.
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/dak-prescott-gets-called-raiders-linebacker-critical-player-protests-044319643.html

It's bad enough he's a Cowboy, but I can't respect anyone who would agree with us on anything.

By the way, I miss your old avatar from the SF and SU days.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy   

Back to top Go down
 
Artie Burns is not happy with new NFL National Anthem policy
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: