HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
effyou515



Posts : 3394
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 am

Breaking News,


Bell signs a 6 years 99 million dollar with the Steelers.

















just kidding

_________________
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3348
Likes : 582
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:35 am

@effyou515 wrote:
Breaking News,


Bell signs a 6 years 99 million dollar with the Steelers.

Super secret "Breaking "news.

















just kidding
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2445
Likes : 1135
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:30 pm

Jerome Bettis has some thoughts on Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers

ADAM BITTNER
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
JUL 3, 2018

Jerome Bettis thinks it’s time for Le’Veon Bell and the Steelers to come together on a long-term contract.

"Neither one of you are as good by yourself as you are together,” the Hall of Famer said in an interview with TMZ posted Tuesday.

The team has until July 16 to reach a deal with Bell. Otherwise, he’ll have to play this season under a franchise tender worth about $14.5 million before hitting free agency next offseason.

to read rest of article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/07/03/leveon-bell-contract-talks-steelers-jerome-bettis/stories/201807030134

_________________
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3229
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:42 am

About 5 more days left to get a deal done. Wonder if it's going to happen.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17538
Likes : 1468
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:35 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
About 5 more days left to get a deal done. Wonder if it's going to happen.

Odds are probably about the same as the Browns winning the Super Bowl ... not going to happen, although it is theoretically possible.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3348
Likes : 582
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:50 am

He's tagged and has to play this year if he wants any money at all. After that don't let the door hit you in the ass for all I care.

I'll make a bold prediction. He shows up not in football shape and suffers a season (or career) ending injury. It's been said about him only being as good as his Oline is and he will find out when he lands with a new team that doesn't have the chemistry ours does. When this happens all the talking heads will be praising the Oline and Munchak for Bell's success.

I believe we can win it all this year,with or without him. As good as he can be we still don't need his drama.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 531
Likes : 111
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:16 pm

I hope the deal doesn’t happen. Any deal that gets done is just going to hurt the team cap wise for years to come. Bell is a great RB with our O-line but I think there are a lot of other RBs that would look good as well. Conner, Samuels and Ridley would be just as productive behind the O-Line if not better on short yardage.

The amount of money he is asking for doesn’t fit with the teams finances. It’s buisness and the money doesn’t work out. You pay him that much now you weaken the team somewhere else and they will be exposed.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17538
Likes : 1468
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:15 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I hope the deal doesn’t happen. Any deal that gets done is just going to hurt the team cap wise for years to come. Bell is a great RB with our O-line but I think there are a lot of other RBs that would look good as well. Conner, Samuels and Ridley would be just as productive behind the O-Line if not better on short yardage.

The amount of money he is asking for doesn’t fit with the teams finances. It’s buisness and the money doesn’t work out. You pay him that much now you weaken the team somewhere else and they will be exposed.

I agree with almost all of this. My only disagreement is that the other running backs would be just as productive, especially if we factor in Bell's role in the passing game. But with all the other weapons we have, I think Bell's skills are a luxury, not a need. So when we weigh what he delivers on the field against what it would cost the team financially, your overall point is spot on.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 731
Likes : 356
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:58 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
I hope the deal doesn’t happen. Any deal that gets done is just going to hurt the team cap wise for years to come. Bell is a great RB with our O-line but I think there are a lot of other RBs that would look good as well. Conner, Samuels and Ridley would be just as productive behind the O-Line if not better on short yardage.

The amount of money he is asking for doesn’t fit with the teams finances. It’s buisness and the money doesn’t work out. You pay him that much now you weaken the team somewhere else and they will be exposed.

I agree with almost all of this. My only disagreement is that the other running backs would be just as productive, especially if we factor in Bell's role in the passing game. But with all the other weapons we have, I think Bell's skills are a luxury, not a need. So when we weigh what he delivers on the field against what it would cost the team financially, your overall point is spot on.
c'mon wally ...it's not like he was out there catching 50 yd bombs ). very few of his receptions were passes over 10 yds. (3 rec over 20 yds in 2017 his average last year was 7.7 yds per reception. plus his YAC yards aren't really anything to get excited about and 7 career recieving td's ain't either . i'm pretty sure if ben throws 106 balls at samuals he could put put up similar stats.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2445
Likes : 1135
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:56 am

Prediction: Steelers, Bell will come to terms on new deal

By BRYAN DEARDO

I believe Le'Veon Bell and the Steelers are going to get a longterm deal done by Monday’s deadline.

Bell has reportedly said that he ideally wants to make $17 million a season, the same amount that Antonio Brown currently makes. He has also said that he won’t play for fewer than $14.5 million a season, the total he will be paid this season if he plays under the franchise tag. While I don’t know if Pittsburgh will pony up on the $14.5 million per season, I believe that they will at least offer Bell a deal that is very close to that number after offering him a deal earlier this offseason that was more lucrative than the $13.3 million per year offer that was on the table this time last year.

With another strong offer on the table now, I believe that Bell will bite the bullet and sign Pittsburgh’s new offer before Monday’s deadline. Bell is a smart guy. He knows that playing another season under the franchise tag is an extremely risky proposition, especially for a player that has already had three season-ending injuries. Bell probably also has to know that whatever offer the Steelers are currently offering him could very well be better than any offer he could receive on the open market next spring.

to read rest of article:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Prediction-Pittsburgh-Steelers-Bell-will-come-to-terms-on-new-deal--119777621/?utm_source=247Sports%20Newsletter&utm_medium=Newsletter&utm_campaign=180713_115519_Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20Newsletter&utm_content=Link&liveconnect=90-99-08-DA-7C-14-0D-96-C1-BB-13-70-0D-FB-56-2D180713_115519PittsburghSteelersNewsletter

_________________
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2445
Likes : 1135
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:12 pm

Rapoport: Progress Made In Le’Veon Bell Talks, Unclear If Deal Will Get Done

By Alex Kozora
Posted on July 14, 2018

It’s pretty much the exact same story we’ve heard the past two years but according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, there has been some measure of progress between Le’Veon Bell and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Each side is looking to hammer out a long-term deal, made difficult by a deflated RB market compared to Bell’s top talent.

It’s widely assumed that if a deal isn’t reached by 4 PM Monday, 2018 will be Bell’s final season as a Steeler.

Bell has previously told ESPN he won’t accept an average yearly value below his $14.5 million franchise tag. That’s about the only concrete info we know about his demands. The Steelers reportedly offered a deal worth north of $13 million per year, which his agent accepted but Bell declined.

to read rest of article:

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/07/rapoport-progress-made-in-leveon-bell-talks-unclear-if-deal-will-get-done/

_________________
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17538
Likes : 1468
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:36 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Rapoport: Progress Made In Le’Veon Bell Talks, Unclear If Deal Will Get Done

By Alex Kozora
Posted on July 14, 2018

It’s pretty much the exact same story we’ve heard the past two years but according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, there has been some measure of progress between Le’Veon Bell and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Each side is looking to hammer out a long-term deal, made difficult by a deflated RB market compared to Bell’s top talent.

It’s widely assumed that if a deal isn’t reached by 4 PM Monday, 2018 will be Bell’s final season as a Steeler.

Bell has previously told ESPN he won’t accept an average yearly value below his $14.5 million franchise tag. That’s about the only concrete info we know about his demands. The Steelers reportedly offered a deal worth north of $13 million per year, which his agent accepted but Bell declined.

to read rest of article:

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/07/rapoport-progress-made-in-leveon-bell-talks-unclear-if-deal-will-get-done/

I'm still not expecting a deal to get done. And has been stated countless times, if a deal should happen to get done, it better not screw the team down the road. I'd rather lose Bell than see the team put itself in a fnancial bind.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515



Posts : 3394
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:03 pm

Mark Madden: DeMarco Murray should serve as warning to Steelers not to sign Bell long term

In 2014, running back DeMarco Murray was the NFL Offensive Player of the Year, rushing for a league-best 1,845 yards. He had 449 touches. In 2016, he led the AFC in rushing with 1,287 yards.
But Murray hit a wall last season, his seventh as a pro.
His explosiveness waned. Injuries added up. He rushed for a career-worst 659 yards. He averaged 3.6 yards per carry, another personal low. Murray failed to gain 1,000 yards from scrimmage for the first time since 2012.
This past Friday, Murray retired. He’s 30.


https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/markmadden/13866607-74/mark-madden-demarco-murray-should-serve-as-warning-to-steelers-not-to

he will want most of this contract guaranteed 26 y.o. with a injury past. I still say let him play for the franchise tag and see what his market value is next off season.

_________________
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 731
Likes : 356
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:37 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Rapoport: Progress Made In Le’Veon Bell Talks, Unclear If Deal Will Get Done

By Alex Kozora
Posted on July 14, 2018

It’s pretty much the exact same story we’ve heard the past two years but according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, there has been some measure of progress between Le’Veon Bell and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Each side is looking to hammer out a long-term deal, made difficult by a deflated RB market compared to Bell’s top talent.

It’s widely assumed that if a deal isn’t reached by 4 PM Monday, 2018 will be Bell’s final season as a Steeler.

Bell has previously told ESPN he won’t accept an average yearly value below his $14.5 million franchise tag. That’s about the only concrete info we know about his demands. The Steelers reportedly offered a deal worth north of $13 million per year, which his agent accepted but Bell declined.

to read rest of article:

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/07/rapoport-progress-made-in-leveon-bell-talks-unclear-if-deal-will-get-done/

I'm still not expecting a deal to get done. And has been stated countless times, if a deal should happen to get done, it better not screw the team down the road. I'd rather lose Bell than see the team put itself in a fnancial bind.

how could it not ? paying more for one running back than most teams pony up for their whole stable of backs, can't end well.
i'd rather spend that money on the real reason for a successful running game...the Oline.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17538
Likes : 1468
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:27 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
Rapoport: Progress Made In Le’Veon Bell Talks, Unclear If Deal Will Get Done

By Alex Kozora
Posted on July 14, 2018

It’s pretty much the exact same story we’ve heard the past two years but according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, there has been some measure of progress between Le’Veon Bell and the Pittsburgh Steelers. Each side is looking to hammer out a long-term deal, made difficult by a deflated RB market compared to Bell’s top talent.

It’s widely assumed that if a deal isn’t reached by 4 PM Monday, 2018 will be Bell’s final season as a Steeler.

Bell has previously told ESPN he won’t accept an average yearly value below his $14.5 million franchise tag. That’s about the only concrete info we know about his demands. The Steelers reportedly offered a deal worth north of $13 million per year, which his agent accepted but Bell declined.

to read rest of article:

https://www.steelersdepot.com/2018/07/rapoport-progress-made-in-leveon-bell-talks-unclear-if-deal-will-get-done/

I'm still not expecting a deal to get done. And has been stated countless times, if a deal should happen to get done, it better not screw the team down the road. I'd rather lose Bell than see the team put itself in a fnancial bind.

how could it not ?  paying more for one running back than most teams pony up for their whole stable of backs, can't end well.
i'd rather spend that money on the real reason for a successful running game...the Oline.

I don't disagree.

_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2134
Likes : 509
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:22 pm

I'm not going to lie. I hope a deal doesn't get done. 13 mill is far too high for a RB. Any RB.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 731
Likes : 356
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:10 pm

not only do i not want to see them overpay on a long term deal, i hope they pull there tag offer this year. that 14.5 million they have been holding back, could have gone towards a better quality inside linebacker. so we've actually already had a sneak preview of how over paying for bell will make the rest of the roster suffer.
i would roll the dice with ridley, connor and samuels rotation , until one of them earns the feature back roll.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 531
Likes : 111
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:05 pm

Colbert just released a statement that there is no deal.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

avatar

Posts : 2445
Likes : 1135
Join date : 2015-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:18 pm

Le'Veon Bell, Steelers fail to reach long-term deal ahead of deadline

Jeremy Fowler
ESPN Staff Writer

The Pittsburgh Steelers and running back Le'Veon Bell failed to reach an agreement on a contract extension before Monday's 4 p.m. franchise tag deadline, and his agent says that means it is likely Bell's last season with the team.

"His intention was to retire as a Steeler," Adisa Bakari told ESPN's Adam Schefter. "But now that there's no deal, the practical reality is, this now likely will be Le'Veon's last season as a Steeler."

Bell will play on the franchise tag for the second consecutive year barring an unforeseen development. He tweeted after Monday's deadline passed that "2018 will be my best season to date."

The parties reopened negotiations last week and talked throughout Monday hoping to spark something, but there hasn't been much momentum toward a contract over the past few months.

"It became clear the Steelers wanted to pay the position, not the player," Bakari said.

to read rest of article:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24114399/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-fail-reach-long-term-deal-ahead-franchise-tag-deadline

_________________
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17538
Likes : 1468
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Shocked.



Quote :
"His intention was to retire as a Steeler," Adisa Bakari told ESPN's Adam Schefter.


_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 531
Likes : 111
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:30 pm

He turned down a 5 year 70 million dollar contract with 30 million guaranteed. Sheer stupidity on his part. He gets hurt this year his value drops... he takes a season ending injury it really drops.... then he wishes he took 30 mill guaranteed.... not to mention he stays with a perennial legitamet SB contender for the rest of his career... now he rolls the dice and I think he is going to get burned...
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3348
Likes : 582
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:06 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
not only do i not want to see them overpay on a long term deal, i hope they pull there tag offer this year.  that 14.5 million they have been holding back, could have gone towards a better quality inside linebacker. so we've actually already had a sneak preview of how over paying for bell will make the rest of the roster suffer.
i would roll the dice with ridley, connor and samuels rotation , until one of them earns the feature back roll.

Everything you said here makes good sense. Only thing I think Samuels comes out of camp as our slot receiver.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3229
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:30 am

Can't say this surprised me. In my honest opinion Bell wants unrealistic money. Yes he's productive, yes he's probably the most versatile back in the NFL. Does that make him worth almost twice as much money as any other running back? I'm not so sure about that. The Steelers made him what I felt was a ridiculously good offer for his position, the fact that he wants more money than what they offered is just perplexing to me. They're offering to make him the highest paid running back in the league by a country mile.

Bell could've retired a Steeler, and I know Colbert is claiming that they'll still try to sign him in 2019 but my gut tells me whoever offers him the biggest payday is going to get Le'Veon Bell and honestly I'm OK with that. Bell is not a home run hitter, he is a versatile back that moves the chains. While we probably won't be finding a back that can do it all in one package like Bell has, we could definitely plug in guys with different strengths and get similar production by committee, especially behind our offensive line, and with all of the weapons we have overall.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
effyou515



Posts : 3394
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:29 pm

Would the Steelers rescind the franchise tender for Le’Veon Bell?

With running back Le'Veon Bell refusing to commit to the Steelers for five years and $70 million (asterisk), there’s another question to consider: Will the Steelers ultimately refuse to commit to Bell for one year and $14.5 million?

Coincidentally (or not), Mark Kaboly of TheAthletic.com noted on Monday that popular second-year tailback James Conner was solid in the offseason program and “looks like he can be a solid every-down back in this league.” For the Steelers, it’s got be tempting to consider embracing Conner and his $578,000 salary for the entire year over Bell’s $852,000 for each and every week.

Or how about this possibility? Pair Conner with someone like, say, Adrian Peterson. Or DeMarco Murray. (That retirement would end quickly if the Steelers call.) Or Alfred Morris. Or some other veteran tailback who has proven that he can get it done. Whatever the on-field production, the cost would surely be much less than the combined $15 million that will be paid to Bell and Conner.

Rescinding the tender remains an unlikely outcome, but it’s not all that difficult to see the dominoes fall in a way that would prompt the Steelers to choose to accelerate their looming divorce with Bell by four or five months — especially if they’re upset that he refused their latest long-term offer.


https://www.yahoo.com/sports/steelers-rescind-franchise-tender-le-131756994.html

Wait and pull the tender after the last pre-season game.


Bell is just 26, but he has absorbed a lot of hits throughout his career. In five years with the Steelers, he has missed 16 games, 11 due to injury. The other five were suspensions (two for a DUI and marijuana possession case in 2015, and three for a substance abuse policy violation in 2016).
All of these factors surely weighed into Colbert's reported decision to limit the guaranteed money in the Steelers’ offer to the $30 million range, less than half of the total contract and all in the first two years of a five-year deal.

An interesting sidebar to the Bell story: The NFL has seen a renewed push toward drafting top-rated RBs high in the first round. It further demonstrates the love part of the NFL's relationship with its elite running backs until it's time for that lucrative second contract.
Those young RBs and their agents will be watching the Bell contract drama closely. They're hoping Bell can reset the market for top RBs to be paid at the level of offensive stars at other positions … excluding quarterbacks, of course.


http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/leveon-bell-pittsburgh-steelers-contract-offer-franchise-tag/99hcgbb1zmau1gjh4p7n0ez0j

_________________
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 731
Likes : 356
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:55 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
not only do i not want to see them overpay on a long term deal, i hope they pull there tag offer this year.  that 14.5 million they have been holding back, could have gone towards a better quality inside linebacker. so we've actually already had a sneak preview of how over paying for bell will make the rest of the roster suffer.
i would roll the dice with ridley, connor and samuels rotation , until one of them earns the feature back roll.

Everything you said here makes good sense. Only thing I think Samuels comes out of camp as our slot receiver.


you seem to have forgotten about our #2 pick. actually i could see Juju playing the slot and washington lining up outside with brown.
of course they could motion him out to slot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers   

Back to top Go down
 
Le'Veon Bell reportedly asking for $17 million/year from Steelers
Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: