HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Study: Steelers fans don't open their wallets to support the team

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Study: Steelers fans don't open their wallets to support the team   Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:50 am

Steelers Nation is definitely passionate, but it apparently doesn’t support its team financially the way other top NFL fan bases do.

That was the conclusion of Emory University’s 2018 “NFL Fan and Brand Report,” a study geared toward quantitatively analyzing which teams have the league’s best fan bases.

The Steelers do fairly well overall, coming in at No. 5. That ranking is unchanged from last year and puts them in elite company with the Dallas Cowboys, New England Patriots*, Philadelphia Eagles and New York Giants, which slot into the top four slots in the rankings.

But as in past years, the team continues to lag behind its peers in “fan equity,” one of three categories used in the study to create an average on which the overall rankings are based.

The Steelers place 16th in that category, which “looks at home revenues relative to expected revenue based on team performance and market characteristics.”

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2018/06/27/nfl-fan-rankings-emory-university-steelers-cowboys-Patriots*/stories/201806260153

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Study: Steelers fans don't open their wallets to support the team   Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:47 pm

sorry I don't buy much NFL stuff because of players like L. Bell, Kaepernick and so on with a lot of players forgetting who is paying for the Stadium they play in and who is making their multi million dollar contracts a reality.

Quest For Seven

PostSubject: Re: Study: Steelers fans don't open their wallets to support the team   Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:38 pm

They haven't looked in my house.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Study: Steelers fans don't open their wallets to support the team   Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:21 pm

@Mach1 wrote:

They'd probably find a lot of these ...

Empty of course.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Mach1
Quest For Seven

PostSubject: Re: Study: Steelers fans don't open their wallets to support the team   Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:29 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Mach1 wrote:

They'd probably find a lot of these ...

Empty of course.

Oh so thats what they look like. Only ones I can find around here are suckhawks and broncos.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Study: Steelers fans don't open their wallets to support the team   Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:35 am

@Mach1 wrote:

Mine either. My last trip to Pittsburgh I probably spent upwards of a grand on merchandise. I busted out a ton of OT leading up to that game just so I could go hog wild and spend a bunch of money on gear.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Study: Steelers fans don't open their wallets to support the team   

Back to top Go down

Study: Steelers fans don't open their wallets to support the team
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: