HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:59 am

Denver Broncos linebacker Von Miller is one of the truly elite pass rushers in the NFL. He, along with Chuck Smith Training Systems put on their Pass Rush Summit on Thursday. It’s an opportunity for many of the young pass rushers to come together and learn from the best. And thankfully, Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Bud Dupree was part of it.

It was great seeing Miller working with Dupree. For all of Dupree’s athleticism, he’s never been able to put together the football skills that would allow him to harness it on the field.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/29/bud-dupree-getting-tips-from-the-best-at-von-millers-pass-rush-summit/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:11 am

I thought Porter was supposed to help him with that stuff.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:59 pm

@Steeler-in-west wrote:

He is supposed to. That's why I think he should be replaced.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:36 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:

Porter is coaching a defensive that has been in place for some time teaching him more as a 3-4 OLBer to drop in zone coverage which was his weakness coming out of college.

imo Dupree will be more of a DE / OLB pass rusher with a SS playing OLBer over top of him.

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:39 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:

Porter is coaching a defensive that has been in place for some time teaching him more as a 3-4 OLBer to drop in zone coverage which was his weakness coming out of college.

imo Dupree will be more of a DE / OLB pass rusher with a SS playing OLBer over top of him.

You're probably right but Porter is still in the way if you ask me. He hasn't gone to bat for Dupree so far and we all know Porter is outspoken so what's his deal?
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:05 pm

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:

You're probably right but Porter is still in the way if you ask me. He hasn't gone to bat for Dupree so far and we all know Porter is outspoken so what's his deal?

would of liked Kevin Greene over Porter.

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:26 am

@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:

Him or Greg Loyd would have been better.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:20 am

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:

Him  or Greg Loyd would have been better.

Definitely. I'd probably take Greene though, just based on his experience as a coach.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:42 am

Despite taking OLB’s high in the draft, I’ve yet to see one of those, or any, young linebacker really grow and thrive under Porter’s coaching.

Still waiting.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:53 am

i really really hope Dupree proves me wrong this year. $9.2 million is an awful lot of money to give a guy who ain't done shit in 3 years. i don't think anyone predicted they would pick up his fourth year option. tomlin and company could be that unpredictable with their game plans, they might one day beat the Patriots*. dupree does have the physical skill set to be a good OLB, but as everyone points out, he lacks technique. i would add another trait he lacks, which is nastiness. he simply doesn't have that nasty streak in him that greg llyod or deebo had. you can even see a big difference in attitude between watt and dupree during interviews. dupree is usually all smiles while watt stays stone faced and business like.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:12 pm

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
Despite taking OLB’s high in the draft, I’ve yet to see one of those, or any, young linebacker really grow and thrive under Porter’s coaching.

Still waiting.

agreed. when your pupil has to look to another peer for knowledge, then you must be a worthless teacher. i mean has porter not shown and broken down films of successful OLBs as part of film study on technique with his group ?
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:22 pm

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:

and greg llyod would shove his glock in their mouth when they make a mistake ...

me personally, i tend to avoid people who sticks a gun in their childs mouth. therefor i would never hire them...but thats just me..
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:23 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:

Still waiting.

agreed. when your pupil has to look to another peer for knowledge, then you must be a worthless teacher. i mean has porter not shown and broken down films of successful OLBs as part of film study on technique with his group ?

Sure doesn't look like it. The other thing is if their is a particular skill that a LBer excels at you would think he should work with him to maximize potential.
My guess is porter doesn't watch much game film. Dupree has the ability to play well if not great in this defense if he had the proper LBer coach. I just don't think Porter is it.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:40 am

@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@effyou515 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:

and greg llyod would shove his glock in their mouth when they make a mistake ...

me personally, i tend to avoid people who sticks a gun in their childs mouth. therefor i would never hire them...but thats just me..

I question the validity of those claims. It seems like his ex-wife really has it out for him, and she may have very well conditioned her son to see his Father as a villain of sorts. Every story has two sides. The two trials that took place over that alleged incident ended up in hung juries.

There was however the incident in 2002 where he allegedly pointed a gun at his ex-wife's head and he plead no contest to simple battery for that...

Beyond that though there really hasn't been anything negative out there about the guy so who knows. His wife could be a crazy witch, he could be abusive, or it could be a combination of both. Either way it does appear they had a very dysfunctional family at the very least.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:44 am

I think everyone is reading a little too much into the summit and Bud's participation in it. Him being there is positive and not a negative reflection on anyone. Here's another story ...

Von Miller to bring some of the NFL's best pass rushers to Branson

Denver Broncos outside linebacker Von Miller will bring his second Pass Rush Summit to Big Cedar Lodge in Branson.

The Super Bowl 50 MVP told reporters Tuesday that he's bringing a number of the NFL's best pass rushers to southwest Missouri.

The Denver Post reported attendees during the inaugural event included Atlanta Falcons pass rusher Vic Beasley, Oakland Raiders linebacker Khalil Mack and Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Malik Jackson among others.

https://www.news-leader.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/05/29/denver-bronco-star-von-miller-hosting-pass-rush-summit-big-cedar-lodge/652900002/

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:59 pm

Maybe he should of invited Porter.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 pm

@solardave wrote:

Only as an example of how not to behave off the field.

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:16 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@solardave wrote:

Only as an example of how not to behave off the field.

Or during the course of a playoff game unless you can get away with it.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:06 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
I think everyone is reading a little too much into the summit and Bud's participation in it. Him being there is positive and not a negative reflection on anyone. Here's another story ...

au contraire mon frere ... do we not give credit to Munchak for transforming the oline from a sorry lot of under achievers into one of the best units in the NFL ? i mean he turned a walk on left tackle into a pro bowler in what ? 3 years ?

now look at what sleazy peazy has done with 2 first round picks and a second ...2 busts and a third looking for coaching help else where. porter should have been shown the door with lake.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:26 pm

A singular statistic which demonstrates Bud Dupree’s struggles with the Steelers

The Pittsburgh Steelers' first-round pick has struggled, to say the least

Quote :
Drafted with the expectation that he would become the next great Steelers outside linebacker, Bud Dupree has failed to live up to his draft billing so far. From 354 pass-rushing snaps in the 2017 regular season, he produced just 40 total pressures, and he has just 83 total pressures since he entered the league in 2015.

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/7/6/17533476/a-singular-statistic-which-demonstrates-bud-duprees-struggles-with-the-steelers-nfl-draft-bust-nfl
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:41 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:

au contraire mon frere    ... do we not give credit to Munchak for transforming the oline from a sorry lot of under achievers into one of the best units in the NFL ? i mean he turned a walk on left tackle into a pro bowler in what ? 3 years ?

now look at what sleazy peazy has done with 2 first round picks and a second ...2 busts and a third looking for coaching help else where. porter should have been shown the door with lake.  

Eventually I'm going to say something you agree with.

I wasn't trying to defend Porter or Bud's contributions. I've been disappointed in both of them. My point was just that Bud being invited to Miller's summit was a positive for his development, not a negative reflection on him or Porter. Sure, they both have negatives, but Bud attending the summit isn't one of them, especially when you look at the others who attended it.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:47 am

i say,,, get in Dupree's face and with my best Bill Cowher imitation and say rush the quarterback just rush the quarterback.

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:36 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:

au contraire mon frere    ... do we not give credit to Munchak for transforming the oline from a sorry lot of under achievers into one of the best units in the NFL ? i mean he turned a walk on left tackle into a pro bowler in what ? 3 years ?

Eventually I'm going to say something you agree with.

I wasn't trying to defend Porter or Bud's contributions. I've been disappointed in both of them. My point was just that Bud being invited to Miller's summit was a positive for his development, not a negative reflection on him or Porter. Sure, they both have negatives, but Bud attending the summit isn't one of them, especially when you look at the others who attended it.
we do agree on something. i think it's a positive that bud is attending the camp to get the proper coaching he isn't getting from porter. if i were his coach or a coach in general, i would have already had a shit ton of film on the leagues best at their position to show my guys how it's done. in other words , bud would have already been studying von miller frame by frame and trying to emulate his moves on the field.
i mean i could be wrong and porter is doing those things and maybe bud just isn't coachable. wouldn't be the first time a guy who had all the physical tools just couldn't make them work in his favor.
personally i would have liked to see them try him at inside Lb (lawrence timmons) before they give him the boot.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:19 pm

Is it Poters Coaching or is it Dupree just not living up to his potential? Seems Watt did pretty well under Porters tutelage and Watt has even said he has progressed and learned a lot under Porter. Dupree takes way to wide of an angle we all see it we all know it he ends up 10 yards behind a play consistently. You mean to tell me Porter has not addressed that with him on multiple occasions?

So far Dupree has been hit and miss he pops up for a great play occasionally then disappears for 2 or 3 games when he has been on the field. I expected a hell of a lot more from him last year and this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit   

Back to top Go down

Bud Dupree getting tips from the best at Von Miller's Pass Rush Summit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: