HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:46 pm

Attendance at Heinz Field has dropped by an average of about 6,000 fans per game the past two seasons. What can the Steelers do to get those fans back? With the game-day experience being so great from home these days, there might not be an easy answer.

By Anthony Defeo
Jul 14, 2018

The hot topic (well, mildly warm topic) this week — a week that falls just short of mid-July, thus still too far away from the start of Steelers training camp — has been a recent decline in attendance at 68,000-seat Heinz Field.

Why have less people been showing up to Heinz Field each and every week — according to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, an average of 62,471 fans were in attendance last year, representing a nearly 2,000-person decline from 2016?

to read rest of article:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/7/14/17562540/the-real-reason-and-possible-solution-for-the-steelers-decreased-attendance-heinz-field-nfl-news

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:31 am

Honestly the reason I don't go is price. It has been out of our budget for a few years now.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:21 am

@solardave wrote:
Honestly the reason I don't go is price. It has been  out of our budget for a few years now.

Same here. I've never attended more than 1 game a season. I'd go to more if it wasn't so expensive.

I will say this though, in connection with the article, me and my son went to last year's playoff game against the Jags and spent a combined $13, not inluding tickets. So it was afforable that day. But it's easy to not spend money when your ass is frozen to the seat. During warmer games, it's harder to not spend money.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:27 pm

it is starting to show pro sports are at the limit that fans are willing to pay. I'm for anyone trying to make as much as money as possible but there are limits people will pay for your product.

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:42 pm

each season I think about flying to see the Steelers play somewhere, but each time I calculate how many hookers I could buy instead I just end up watching the games from home.

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:02 pm

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
each season I think about flying to see the Steelers play somewhere, but each time I calculate how many hookers I could buy instead I just end up watching the games from home.

You're getting screwed either way.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:32 am

1 ticket prices
2 parking prices
3 concession prices
4 traveling expense (gas)

for the amount spent just to go to one game, depending on how far you travel , the seats you get, and how much you spend at the stadium , a person could possibly spend less on beer and food watching all 16 games at home.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:41 am

When you charge $10 for a beer you pay pennies on the oz for, or $8 for a hotdog you spend no more than 50 cents (including wrapping), yeah I'd say there's a good reason for not showing up.

Besides other than hearing Chris Collinsworth(less) on Sunday Night games, I have better seats at home, with colder beer, better food, and less annoying people.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:00 am

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:

Wow. Where's the link to the article about this? You'd probably have to switch to crack whores for awhile.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:48 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
1 ticket prices
2 parking prices
3 concession prices
4 traveling expense (gas)

for the amount spent just to go to one game, depending on how far you travel , the seats you get, and how much you spend at the stadium , a person could possibly spend less on beer and food watching all 16 games at home.

add all that together I can take my girlfriend on a weekend get a way and make it back home and watch the game on TV.

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:14 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
When you charge $10 for a beer you pay pennies on the oz for, or $8 for a hotdog you spend no more than 50 cents (including wrapping), yeah I'd say there's a good reason for not showing up.

Besides other than hearing Chris Collinsworth(less) on Sunday Night games, I have better seats at home, with colder beer, better food, and less annoying people.
you left out missing an entire quarter of the game waiting in line for the pisser. plus sitting in traffic when leaving the stadium.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:40 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
plus sitting in traffic when leaving the stadium.

It's tolerable after a win. After a loss ... not so much.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The real reason, and possible solution, for the Steelers decreased attendance   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: