HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Artie Burns starting to see results from matchups with Antonio Brown

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Artie Burns starting to see results from matchups with Antonio Brown   Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:10 am

In his second season with the Steelers, cornerback Artie Burns produced one interception in 16 games.

In the first three days of training camp this summer, Burns had two.

Sure, it’s only practice and the stakes aren’t nearly as high, but Burns is hoping his early success is a sign of things to come once the games start to count in September.

“It’s my third year,” said Burns, who left practice early Monday with a minor injury. “It’s time to really start chipping in and show what I can do.”

For the second training camp in a row, Burns has engaged in single coverage with All-Pro wide receiver Antonio Brown. This year, Burns is starting to win his share of the matchups.

Read more: https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13920207-74/steelers-artie-burns-starting-to-see-results-from-matchups-with-antonio-brown

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns starting to see results from matchups with Antonio Brown   Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:05 am

@Wallace108 wrote:

In his second season with the Steelers, cornerback Artie Burns produced one interception in 16 games.

In the first three days of training camp this summer, Burns had two.

Sure, it’s only practice and the stakes aren’t nearly as high, but Burns is hoping his early success is a sign of things to come once the games start to count in September.

“It’s my third year,” said Burns, who left practice early Monday with a minor injury. “It’s time to really start chipping in and show what I can do.”

For the second training camp in a row, Burns has engaged in single coverage with All-Pro wide receiver Antonio Brown. This year, Burns is starting to win his share of the matchups.

Read more: https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13920207-74/steelers-artie-burns-starting-to-see-results-from-matchups-with-antonio-brown

must be his C.T.E talking.

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns starting to see results from matchups with Antonio Brown   Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:50 am

He needs to have a breakout season. Last year he gave up too much cushion to some of his better match ups IMO.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns starting to see results from matchups with Antonio Brown   Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:41 am

@solardave wrote:
He needs to have a breakout season. Last year he gave up too much cushion to some of his better match ups IMO.

I'd put that on Butler and the schemes more than anything. Needs to let these guys step up and play man, and take some risks here and there. Our defense needs to be fast, aggressive, and sure tackling.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artie Burns starting to see results from matchups with Antonio Brown   

Back to top Go down

Artie Burns starting to see results from matchups with Antonio Brown
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: