HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Rooney not wild about all his prime time appearances

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Rooney not wild about all his prime time appearances   Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:33 pm

Most people want all the prime time games they can get. But the Steelers wouldn’t mind having fewer, according to owner Art Rooney II.

The Steelers are scheduled to make the maximum number of appearances a team can have (five, not counting potential flex-scheduling games), and Rooney said that becomes a burden on parts of his fan base.

“The thing that concerns me about our attendance is more related to our schedule — I would rather not have as many night games,” Rooney told Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. “Last year we had three home night games almost in a row. I just don’t think our fans want to do that anymore.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/01/steelers-owner-not-wild-about-all-his-prime-time-appearances/
---------------------------------------------

If I'm watching on TV, as I almost always am, I love prime time games. It's a great atmosphere, the all-day wait adds ro the excitement, and I have all day to do work around the house and run errands. When they play early, I'm usually too emotionally spent to get much of anything accomplished after the game, especially if they lose.

Going to a game is a different story. I prefer 4:30 games. There's plenty of time to get to Pittsburgh and hang out, and I still get home at a reasonable time.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Rooney not wild about all his prime time appearances   Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:04 am

Having been to one Sunday Night Football game (Steelers - Chiefs at Arrowhead November 2011), I have to say I really liked the night atmosphere. It was really cool. I've been wanting to go to another prime time game but my biggest issue is that the ticket prices seem to be quite a bit more expensive than your noon, and early afternoon games.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Rooney not wild about all his prime time appearances   Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:27 am

I do enjoy the night games but there are times I'm happy it's a day game.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rooney not wild about all his prime time appearances   

Back to top Go down

Rooney not wild about all his prime time appearances
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: