HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Madden 19 for the PC

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jak341

PostSubject: Madden 19 for the PC   Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:19 am

Finally. A real football game for the PC. $59.99 on EA's Orgin.

I haven't played Madden since Madden 09, so here are a few thoughts:
  • Passing is much easier, but punishes you harder for mistakes. Wrong read, and it's going to be an INT.
  • You actually have to play coverage defense.
  • Harder to run. The gaps close quickly.
  • Still have the old Madden bullshit. I shut down Blake Bortles all game, and he lit me up in the last 2 minutes of the game. Also, I had zero turn overs all game, and my kick returner fumbled the kick after Bortles drove down the field on me.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Madden 19 for the PC   Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:01 am

@jak341 wrote:
Finally. A real football game for the PC. $59.99 on EA's Orgin.

I haven't played Madden since Madden 09, so here are a few thoughts:

• Passing is much easier, but punishes you harder for mistakes. Wrong read, and it's going to be an INT.
  • You actually have to play coverage defense.
  • Harder to run. The gaps close quickly.
  • Still have the old Madden bullshit. I shut down Blake Bortles all game, and he lit me up in the last 2 minutes of the game. Also, I had zero turn overs all game, and my kick returner fumbled the kick after Bortles drove down the field on me.

I actually picked up Madden 19 for my Xbox One X. I have to say it plays very similar to Madden 18 and I wasn't exactly impressed with that game. My biggest gripe with 19 is the running game. It's just ridiculous trying to run the football with any kind of consistency. The game says you need to be patient with the blocks and find the holes to run through, well when the defensive line instantly sheds blocks nearly every play it makes that kind of difficult.

I am also not a big fan of the glitches. It's ridiculous that there's glitches at all in a AAA title with a huge company like EA publishing it. I've already seen my fair share of glitches in playing the game just once. I've had issues where I've audible'd to a different play on defense and then the opposing offense goes into a hurry'up offense and my defense lineman and linebackers get all tangled up with one another to the point they're both just standing against each other and visibly trying to move to where they are supposed to be but they can't because they're stuck. Just stupid. Shouldn't be seeing this at all, and it totally breaks the immersion which is kind of important in a game about football.

Just a my .02 cents on it so far.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Madden 19 for the PC   Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:22 am

I watched some YouTube videos last night about running the ball. Some tips were:
  • Run outside the tackles to the short side of the field.
  • Watch and set blocking schemes in front of you.
  • Use audibles and flip plays to create better matchups.
  • Most importantly, don't use your speed burst behind the line of scrimmage. Defensive linemen will shed their blocks almost instantly when you do.

I started doing this and James Conner became a 4.0 YPC player.
Back to top Go down
SteelersYak

PostSubject: Re: Madden 19 for the PC   Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:25 am

I felt like Maddens all started to become the same so I am staying away from buying it this year. I still have Madden 18 on X1 and the last college football game made for X360 if I need to get my football fix this year.

PostSubject: Re: Madden 19 for the PC   Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:16 pm

@SteelersYak wrote:
I felt like Maddens all started to become the same so I am staying away from buying it this year.  I still have Madden 18 on X1 and the last college football game made for X360 if I need to get my football fix this year.

I basically bought it this year simply to collect it since AB is the cover athlete.

Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Madden 19 for the PC   Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:16 am

I take it back. This game is trash. I wish I could get my money back.

Case 1. Browns CB went down with an injury. The backup lined up against Antonio Brown. Like any good coordinator would, I called a go route. AB got 2 yards separation and I threw it to him. Caught it in stride. Should have been a TD, but the previously torched defender somehow grew a rocket and sped to tackle AB at the 1.

Case 2. Running is impossible. 1st and goals will inevitably lead to field goals, because you cannot run the ball.

Case 3. Tyrod fucking Taylor went 11 for 11 on me, including a 40 yard bomb with a defender hanging off of him.

Case 4. Joe Haden, for some reason under CPU control, decides to break off the WR and run towards the line of scrimmage. Gave up a TD on the play.

Case 5. Josh Gordon, under triple coverage, somehow caught the ball, blew through 2 defenders, and ran for a big play.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Madden 19 for the PC   Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:29 am

@jak341 wrote:
I take it back. This game is trash. I wish I could get my money back.

Case 1. Browns CB went down with an injury. The backup lined up against Antonio Brown. Like any good coordinator would, I called a go route. AB got 2 yards separation and I threw it to him. Caught it in stride. Should have been a TD, but the previously torched defender somehow grew a rocket and sped to tackle AB at the 1.

Case 2. Running is impossible. 1st and goals will inevitably lead to field goals, because you cannot run the ball.

Case 3. Tyrod fucking Taylor went 11 for 11 on me, including a 40 yard bomb with a defender hanging off of him.

Case 4. Joe Haden, for some reason under CPU control, decides to break off the WR and run towards the line of scrimmage. Gave up a TD on the play.

Case 5. Josh Gordon, under triple coverage, somehow caught the ball, blew through 2 defenders, and ran for a big play.

I've had some of those exact same issues. Particularly Case 1 and Case 2. Drives me nuts when I get on top of the defense and they somehow magically catch up to some of the fastest players in the game. Makes no sense. It feels like the game intentionally handicaps the ball carrier and allows the defender to catch up. It's extremely frustrating. It's the kind of stuff you'd see in Tecmo Super Bowl on the NES when you'd throw a pass 30 yards down field and the defenders would just motor right up to your receiver and tackle them. I expect that in an arcade style football game, not in a game that's supposed to be a realistic simulation of NFL football. I still can't run the ball. Defenders shed blocks so fast it's simply ridiculous. It's just like Madden 18, and it sucks a lot of fun out of the game. You don't even get a chance to work on your stick skills, or moves like stiff arms, hurdles, and spin moves because they are on you so quickly.

Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Madden 19 for the PC   Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:36 am

I agree with the sucking the fun out of the game. I may just put it down and wait for a patch.

Another gem from last night. End of the 2nd quarter, with 3 seconds left. Tampa Bay was on my 40 or so. Hail mary time, but not quite. Played a full prevent D. Winston was under pressure from Heyward. He ducks out of Heyward's tackle. No problem right, here comes Tuitt. Nope. Tuitt is hanging on him and Winston fires a bullet down to the TB reciever. Burns and Tre Boston (I signed him in FA) in coverage. They literally stop and do nothing while the TB WR catches the ball and takes it in for a TD. Literally, either one of them just had to take one step and put their hands up and it would have been incomplete.

And JuJu cannot catch anything in this game. He can be wide open and it will clang off his hands.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Madden 19 for the PC   Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:48 am

@jak341 wrote:
I agree with the sucking the fun out of the game. I may just put it down and wait for a patch.

Another gem from last night. End of the 2nd quarter, with 3 seconds left. Tampa Bay was on my 40 or so. Hail  mary time, but not quite. Played a full prevent D. Winston was under pressure from Heyward. He ducks out of Heyward's tackle. No problem right, here comes Tuitt. Nope. Tuitt is hanging on him and Winston fires a bullet down to the TB reciever. Burns and Tre Boston (I signed him in FA) in coverage. They literally stop and do nothing while the TB WR catches the ball and takes it in for a TD. Literally, either one of them just had to take one step and put their hands up and it would have been incomplete.

And JuJu cannot catch anything in this game. He can be wide open and it will clang off his hands.

This is exactly why I don't buy Madden very often. I bought 18 hoping it'd be better, before that I can't even remember what year I last bought. I bought 2019 just because AB is on the cover and I wanted to collect it.

They need to stop releasing it annually. Make it an every other year release and give the developers a little more time to iron out issues. Do a close beta with the Madden diehards, and a public beta to get good feedback to adjust the game to what the players want. As it sits, it's barely changed season to season, and full of bugs and exploits when it's first released. I mean to me, it plays almost identical to 2018, it doesn't feel like they made any worthwhile improvements. Player motion sometimes looks more fluid and natural but the AI is still ugly, running is too difficult, and the passing game is not exactly easy to pick up either. You really have to learn how to make the different kinds of throws when you're playing against the tougher defenses in the game. For someone that is more of a casual player, it's not exactly fun trying to remember the different passing combinations while you've got one of the instant block-shedding d-lineman or linebackers chasing you constantly. I know this is realistic to a degree, but it also makes the game less fun to pick up and play.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Madden 19 for the PC   Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:31 am

Played a little more Madden over a 4-Day Weekend that I just had. Really tried to work on the running game, seems you have to be incredibly patient and wait for the blocks to develop, though it's still too difficult in my opinion. All the running backs feel like they're slow, and running in quicksand. Every once and awhile I'll see a gap you could drive a semi through, and even if you hit your speed burst you still get chased down. Running plays of 10+ yards are a rarity. I'm usually lucky to get 5 or 6, and mostly muster about 3 or 4.

I miss ESPN 2K5, it's 2018 and that's still a better game than any of the modern Madden titles.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Madden 19 for the PC   

Back to top Go down

Madden 19 for the PC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: The Game Room-
Jump to: