HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

PostSubject: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 pm

By Jacob Klinger jklinger@pennlive.com

Jalen Ramsey considers Ben Roethlisberger "decent at best."

The Jacksonville Jaguars star cornerback ran the rule over many of the top quarterbacks in the NFL in an article published in GQ on Wednesday. And while Ramsey gave some props to the Steelers quarterback, he didn't make the initial list of players he rattled off when asked which quarterbacks "don't suck."

Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady did.

"Big Ben [Roethlisberger], I think he's decent at best... It's not Big Ben, it's [Antonio Brown]. Big Ben slings the ball a lot of the time. He just slings it, and his receivers go get it. He has a strong arm, but he ain't all that. I played him twice last year, and he really disappointed me. He'll be in the Hall of Fame and all that."

https://www.pennlive.com/steelers/index.ssf/2018/08/jalen_ramsey_ben_roethlisberger.html

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:12 am

I cannot stand Jalen Ramsey. Jagoffs have their first decent season in years and they act like they won the Super Bowl. Ramsey needs to be introduced to one of Juju's trademark blocks. Says Andrew Luck isn't that good but Luck has thrown all over him when he played against him. Says some guys he's never played against are good or great, then calls a guy like Matt Ryan overrated when he hasn't even played against him.

Ramsey is just an idiot with a big mouth and someone needs to serve that punk a nice hot slice of humble pie.

The dumbest thing Ramsey said is that Ben is only good because of AB. Hilarious. Maybe he should go ask Mike Wallace and Manny Sanders how they've been since they left Pittsburgh. Both have been average to above average. I'll give Sanders a little more credit because he's had injury issues, but I bet you anything he'd love to play with Big Ben again. Mike Wallace got that big contract with Miami because of Big Ben. They stuck him with Tannehill, and whatever QB Minnesota had, and then Flacco in Baltimore and he's never achieved the same success he had in Pittsburgh. Look at Santonio Holmes, dude was a shadow of his former self when he was with the Jets and he was a Super Bowl MVP in Pittsburgh. To say Ben's only good because of AB is just flat out idiocy.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:00 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

The dumbest thing Ramsey said is that Ben is only good because of AB.
\

actually, the dumbest thing Ramsey said was about Josh Allen playing poorly against Iowa St because Wyoming never played them.

but yes, Ramsey is an arrogant idiot prick who needs to get his mouth shut...

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:17 am

I take anything this guy says with a grain of salt. He is an above average idiot CB who likes to run his mouth.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:47 am

@Hawaii 5-0 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

The dumbest thing Ramsey said is that Ben is only good because of AB.
\

actually, the dumbest thing Ramsey said was about Josh Allen playing poorly against Iowa St because Wyoming never played them.

but yes, Ramsey is an arrogant idiot prick who needs to get his mouth shut...

Hahahaha yeah Josh Allen played my Hawks, not the Cyclowns! Gotta give Josh Allen a break though for his senior season, he lost some pretty good playmakers from the year prior, that tends to hurt you a bit more when you're not playing at a huge school like Florida State where Ramsey played.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:31 am

Ramsey is another asshole that sports media will but a mic in front of because its preseason and sports news is slow.

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Bell came to Ben's defense. No, wait ...

When criticized, he clarified ..

When someone says he likes when people say what they feel and don't hold back, that generally applies only when they agree with what is said.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:31 am

I don't think Bell was trying to slight Ben. I am not a huge Bell fan, but I think maybe he just found Ramsey's openness refreshing. Honestly though, the guy rips your teammate you should have his back, not be laughing at what he said publicly. Just not a good look overall, but I don't think Ben is going to lose any sleep over it. If anything it's just more motivation for Ben, who already looks pretty damned motivated this season, and is reportedly having the best camp of his career.

Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:38 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
Bell came to Ben's defense. No, wait ...

When criticized, he clarified ..

When someone says he likes when people say what they feel and don't hold back, that generally applies only when they agree with what is said.

Bell has really turned into something negative. Bell should realize a lot of his success is because 7 is behind center. And screw Ramsey. Ben has 2 rings. The Jags likely are back to 6-10 this year...Ramsey shouldn't spend so much time polishing the ring the Jags gave him for making and losing in the Championship game last year.

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:33 am

Maybe if Bell was better than "decent at best" in that playoff game, we would have sent the Jags home....

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:52 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
I don't think Bell was trying to slight Ben. I am not a huge Bell fan, but I think maybe he just found Ramsey's openness refreshing. Honestly though, the guy rips your teammate you should have his back, not be laughing at what he said publicly. Just not a good look overall, but I don't think Ben is going to lose any sleep over it. If anything it's just more motivation for Ben, who already looks pretty damned motivated this season, and is reportedly having the best camp of his career.

So you're saying Ben should be a notch above decent this year? I heard one guy say on ESPN that Ben was "decent at worst".
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:53 am

@SteelersYak wrote:
Maybe if Bell was better than "decent at best" in that playoff game, we would have sent the Jags home....

Bell wasn't the problem in that game. I remember him making a TD catch that very few WR's would have made. If our defense was below average that game, we would have won...
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:57 pm

Ramsey should shut up until the jags get a real NFL QB.

Tired of teams like the patsies and jags, who get all excited when they beat us with key guys out.

They should Just shut up and play, unless they have something intelligent to say. Or maybe I’m expecting too much.
Back to top Go down
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:36 pm

Ben Roethlisberger set to pass John Elway in passing yards

By SAM QUINN

Ben Roethlisberger is about to play in his 15th NFL season, and sticking around for so long has given him a chance to climb very high up the NFL record book. In fact, Roethlisberger could hit a major milestone as soon as opening day against the Cleveland Browns. He currently sits only 410 yards behind childhood idol John Elway on the all-time passing yardage list. Roethlisberger passed Elway in all-time completions last season, and as the Steelers are lucky enough to open their season against the Browns, Roethlisberger could easily hit that yardage total in the first game of the year. If not? At least he'll get to do it in front of his home fans Week 2 against the Kansas City Chiefs.

That would make him the NFL's seventh all-time leading passer. Getting to No. 6 would be somewhat more difficult, as the man he'd be chasing is active. Eli Manning currently sits 617 yards ahead of Roethlisberger at 51,682 for his career. That difference largely boils down to durability, as Manning has never missed a start due to injury. For their careers, Roethlisberger has averaged 255 yards per game whereas Manning has averaged only 239, so injuries are the real difference there. But Roethlisberger beat Manning by almost 800 yards last season, so catching even the moving target Manning represents is possible. With Dan Marino at over 61,000 yards in the No. 6 slot, it would likely take Roethlisberger several years to catch him.

to read rest of article:

https://247sports.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/Article/Ben-Roethlisberger-to-pass-John-Elway-120855426/

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:36 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@SteelersYak wrote:

Bell wasn't the problem in that game. I remember him making a TD catch that very few WR's would have made. If our defense was below average that game, we would have won...

I concur. A lot of blame should go on Ben as well for some pretty absymal throws and when you throw 5 INTs in one game you're just not going to win unless it's a defensive slugfest and you're turning the ball over on the other side as well. Ultimately our defense let Fournette run all over them in both games last season, they were soft, porous, couldn't man up and tackle, and on top of that they couldn't get pressure on Blake Bortles and they made him look much better than the game manager that he really is.

The defense is still the biggest question mark for our team. They need to figure out the tackling issues, and they better be ready to go this season because nothing on our schedule is easy.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'   

Back to top Go down

Jalen Ramsey calls Ben Roethlisberger 'decent at best'
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: