HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

My 53

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

PostSubject: My 53   Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:00 pm

The 53 I would take:

QB (3): Roethlisberger / Jones / Rudolph

Really hard decision to let Dobbs go, hope he makes it to the PS or that some team would want to trade for him and would give good value for it. 4th round draft pick or a good ILB.

RB (3): Bell / Conner / Samuels (WR/TE)

I would keep Samuels over Toussaint and Ridley.

FB (1): Nix (also great on ST)

WR (6): Brown / Smith-Schuster / Washington / Hunter / Switzer (KR/PR) / Patterson (ST)

TE (3): McDonald / James / Rob Tonyan

With all the injuries we have at TE, I think we're going to pick someone up from another team after the cuts. The preseason game against Green Bay showed that they are really deep at this position. Tonyan played great against us and will not make their roster. Grimble's thumb is in a cast so I left him out.

OL (8): DeCastro / Pouncey / Villanueva / Gilbert / Foster / Finney / Okorafor / Feiler

DL (6): Heyward / Tuitt / Hargrave / Alualu / McCullers (is looking better this preseason) / Walton

ILB (5): Williams / Bostic / Thomas / Fort / Matakevich (ST ace)

OLB (4): Watt / Adeniyi / Dupree / Adams

CB (6): Haden / Burns / Sutton / Hilton / Sensabaugh / Allen (ST)

S (5): Burnett / Edmunds / Davis / Allen / Berhe (ST)

K (1): Boswell

P (1): Matt Wile (time for Berry to go somewhere else)

LS (1): Canaday
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: My 53   Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:20 pm

looks strong, WR getting a youth rebot with Samuels, Patterson and Switzer i like it, adding a little more speed to the position.

PostSubject: Re: My 53   Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:43 am

Looks like a pretty good 53 man roster to me. Nothing on there I can see that I disagree with. Patterson is a toss up though, I want to see if the kid can develop into something great. I hope he makes the roster, if he goes to the practice squad another team is sure to snatch him up. The team seems to like Eli Rogers, they signed him to a 1 Year contract this offseason, with his 1 game suspension, I wonder if he does get cut. Definitely going to be interesting. I could see Damoun Patterson making the roster Week 1 but getting relegated to the Practice Squad in Week 2. Hard to say. WR is the biggest cluster, and not everyone can make the team.

RB3 is another one that is a toss up. I think Samuels has shown he's got a lot of upside, and while Toussaint and Ridley are some reliable veterans to have as backups, I think we have to give the young guy the nod here because of his versatility. With the way our TEs are dropping like flies, I think keeping Samuels on the 53 as a 3RB, and an emergency TE is a must.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: My 53   Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:20 am

I see them keeping Fitz on the 53 until Bell signs the tag. Keeping 3 RB's and Samuels as TE3 is another option, although I still believe they will (and should) pick up another TE after the cuts. McKever and Hodges aren't good enough to make the roster imo. I'm curieus if they will pick up players at other positions after the cuts, maybe a LB.

I fear Patterson won't make the 53 and that they will keep Rogers or DHB. Fort is another player I fear they will cut. I see them keeping only 4 ILB with Fort being the one left out. In that case I see Chickillo making the team as OLB#5. Marcus Allen is also on the bubble if they decided to keep only 4 safeties as I think Berhe will be kept for ST. Of the young guys, I'm convinced Adeniyi, Adams, Thomas and Samuels all are a lock for the 53.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: My 53   Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:23 am

I seriously hope they keep Fort. In my honest opinion, Bostic and Matekavich haven't exactly been impressing, I think they should give Fort some snaps with the first team, either him, or Thomas, and see how they play in this 4th preseason game.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: My 53   Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:32 am

Thomas was already given snaps with the first team in the 3rd preseason game. They even created a package for him called Seminole where he played ILB and Williams lined up as an OLB. They're not going to do that for a player they're going to cut. I really hope Fort will make the team too.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: My 53   Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:32 pm

From my 53 Jones (but I'm happy they kept Dobbs), Patterson (DHB made it again of course), Adams (they've kept Chickillo unfortunately), Brian Allen (a real surprise for me!) and Matt Wile (Jordan Berry ) didn't make it. Also Robert Tonyan will not make the 53 as the Packers didn't cut him (they've kept 4 TE's and 8 WR's Shocked ). Grimble is still on the team as the third TE but I expect us to pick up someone since he's injured (and McDonald too). And instead of keeping 6 CB's we've only kept 5 and Zach Banner made the team as the 9th OL. No one mentioned him on this forum here but he played a really solid preseason so he really deserves his spot! It seems that good OL are really hard to find these days and they've got a lot of (trade) value so it looks like a solid move to me to keep him on the roster.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: My 53   Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:59 pm

Also Dangerfield made the roster and not Berhe, that's also a surprise for me since Berhe has ST value. Ridley has also made the 53 because they got an exemption for Bell just as last year. So when Bell signs his tag the last spot will go to Samuels or Ridley.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: My 53   Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:27 pm

My boy LJ Fort made the roster! Atta boy! UNI Panther!

Smart move, guy just has a nose for the football and in all honesty I think Fort and Thomas have both looked better than Bostic/Matekavich. That's not to say Bostic can't step up since it's his first year as a Steeler in a new defense, but I'd rather go with these younger players that seem to be more physically gifted, and have more experience in the system.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: My 53   Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:25 am

Since they've ket 5 ILB's like I predicted, I think Matakevich only made the team because of his ST value. I like our depth at ILB, but we still miss a quality starter. Let's hope Thomas or Fort can step up and pick up that role.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: My 53   Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:41 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
Since they've ket 5 ILB's like I predicted, I think Matakevich only made the team because of his ST value. I like our depth at ILB, but we still miss a quality starter. Let's hope Thomas or Fort can step up and pick up that role.

I feel better about having Fort/Thomas waiting in the wings to steal a starting job. At least now there is pressure on all of our ILBs to make plays or sit the bench.

I think soon it will be Williams and Thomas in the middle and I feel good about that. They both had a great camp and Thomas deserves playing time based on that.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: My 53   Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:19 pm

I don't know that I can ever remember having 2 undrafted rookies making the same position the same year as Ola and Thomas did this year at LB. I'm really glad they fell to us it just seems unusual

PostSubject: Re: My 53   

Back to top Go down

My 53
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: