HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Who knows about Bell?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515



Posts : 3397
Likes : 554
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : from upper Ohio Valley to Conyers Ga.

PostSubject: Who knows about Bell?   Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:55 pm

1st game @ Cleveland, Bell signed suited up standing on the sidelines before the game what will Bell actually be able to do in that game (1st few games) mentally, physically or how rusty? What condition is he actually in?

i think Conner and Samuels will be able to pick up what ever slack that will or will not need to be picked up.

_________________
The past, the present, and the future walked into a bar. It was tense.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 727
Likes : 545
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about Bell?   Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:34 pm

I'm over him and his drama. He better earn his money this year and then good luck elsewhere.

_________________
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3229
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about Bell?   Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:59 am

If last year is any indication, Bell will be rusty in his first appearance. Supposedly he's been training harder this offseason, and was trying to simulate camp as best he can. To me though, that's something you just can't simulate. You can't simulate putting on the pads and taking contact like you would in camp. I could be wrong, but I expect Conner to see the field a little more in the first game with Bell getting fewer snaps. I know Coach T said that his holdout wasn't going to be without some kind of punishment, I expect that Bell will see a less touches in Week 1 as such.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2135
Likes : 510
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about Bell?   Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:23 pm

Interesting news coming out today. James Harrison publically advised Bell to sit out as long as possible to protect himself.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/29/james-harrison-thinks-leveon-bell-should-sit-out-to-protect-himself/

And Bell, when asked if he was going to report next week, said "That's fake news". On today's Madden show, he had some guy I can't remember from ESPN. This guy said that the Steelers themselves don't know when Bell is coming back, nor does Bell's agent.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

avatar

Posts : 384
Likes : 73
Join date : 2015-04-16
Location : Pacific rim

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about Bell?   Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:32 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Interesting news coming out today. James Harrison publically advised Bell to sit out as long as possible to protect himself.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/29/james-harrison-thinks-leveon-bell-should-sit-out-to-protect-himself/

And Bell, when asked if he was going to report next week, said "That's fake news". On today's Madden show, he had some guy I can't remember from ESPN. This guy said that the Steelers themselves don't know when Bell is coming back, nor does Bell's agent.

In that case why report at all? Why show up for the last few games to collect a prorated 5 mill? Bell will be really rusty and that can only hurt his value for next year. Plus he can still risk injury, specially trying to get up to speed when everyone else is firing on all cylinders late in the year. Makes more sense to sit out the whole season to me at that point. FWIW, IMO, he should have reported already and properly gotten himself ready for week one.
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2135
Likes : 510
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about Bell?   Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:03 pm

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
Interesting news coming out today. James Harrison publically advised Bell to sit out as long as possible to protect himself.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/29/james-harrison-thinks-leveon-bell-should-sit-out-to-protect-himself/

And Bell, when asked if he was going to report next week, said "That's fake news". On today's Madden show, he had some guy I can't remember from ESPN. This guy said that the Steelers themselves don't know when Bell is coming back, nor does Bell's agent.

In that case why report at all? Why show up for the last few games to collect a prorated 5 mill? Bell will be really rusty and that can only hurt his value for next year. Plus he can still risk injury, specially trying to get up to speed when everyone else is firing on all cylinders late in the year. Makes more sense to sit out the whole season to me at that point. FWIW, IMO, he should have reported already and properly gotten himself ready for week one.

As I understand, he has to have 6 games played for his contract year to be honored. If he doesn't report at all, he gets paid zero and the Steelers still have the tender on the table. It would be like this year never happened.

My biggest concern is Bell does show, and half asses the year as not to get injured. Make no mistake, Bell is going to get paid somewhere after this year.
Back to top Go down
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2135
Likes : 510
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about Bell?   Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:19 pm

Charlie Batch, on the pregame show, said there is NO WAY Bell holds out for most of the year.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 673
Likes : 165
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about Bell?   Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:56 pm

@jak341 wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
Interesting news coming out today. James Harrison publically advised Bell to sit out as long as possible to protect himself.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/29/james-harrison-thinks-leveon-bell-should-sit-out-to-protect-himself/

And Bell, when asked if he was going to report next week, said "That's fake news". On today's Madden show, he had some guy I can't remember from ESPN. This guy said that the Steelers themselves don't know when Bell is coming back, nor does Bell's agent.

In that case why report at all? Why show up for the last few games to collect a prorated 5 mill? Bell will be really rusty and that can only hurt his value for next year. Plus he can still risk injury, specially trying to get up to speed when everyone else is firing on all cylinders late in the year. Makes more sense to sit out the whole season to me at that point. FWIW, IMO, he should have reported already and properly gotten himself ready for week one.

As I understand, he has to have 6 games played for his contract year to be honored. If he doesn't report at all, he gets paid zero and the Steelers still have the tender on the table. It would be like this year never happened.
My biggest concern is Bell does show, and half asses the year as not to get injured. Make no mistake, Bell is going to get paid somewhere after this year.

That's been my thought too. I wondered if he kind of did that last year with the way his YPC average decreased.

_________________
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3351
Likes : 582
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about Bell?   Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:57 am

If I were Tomlin and Bell didn't sign in time for the first game he would sit the bench all year unless there was an injury.

He has to sign by week 10 or forfeit this years paycheck but how much can he get after not playing for a full year?

I don't think he's willing to give up this pay but what if he doesn't sign until week 10? If he does that he doesn't deserve to suit up IMO.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3229
Likes : 1198
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about Bell?   Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:26 pm

I love Deebo but the guy just needs to shut up. Bell is being paid handsomely under the franchise tag. Sitting out actual games would hurt him more trying to get that big contract next season than just playing. There's also the fact that Colbert said they're still going to try and sign him next season. If he wants to stay here, like he claims, sitting out games is not going to get that accomplished.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 673
Likes : 165
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Who knows about Bell?   Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:55 am

Le’Veon Bell denies telling teammates he will report to Steelers on Labor Day

The 26-year-old running back has told some teammates he will report to the Steelers on Labor Day Monday, according to a report from The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. The team believes Bell will be at practice that day, the report says.

Bell, however, denied the Post-Gazette's report Tuesday on Twitter.

Bell has missed all of Steelers’ training camp and the first three preseason games. He has yet to sign Pittsburgh’s $14.5 million franchise tender.

Bell was also absent from Steelers camp last year. He did not officially report to the team until six days before its 2017 regular-season opener.....


http://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-news-2018-leveon-bell-reportedly-tells-teammates-he-will-report-pittsburgh-steelers-labor-day-running-back-browns-panthers/1dk5s12xq414j13do68tni5xwb

_________________
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Who knows about Bell?   

Back to top Go down
 
Who knows about Bell?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: