HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Dobbs on the trade block

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 779
Likes : 150
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:18 am

They're not planning to keep him it seems.


Josh Dobbs, Mike Glennon drawing trade interest

Brett Hundley and Teddy Bridgewater aren't the only signal-callers on the trade block this week.

As teams put the finishing touches on their quarterback rooms in time for the regular season, a pair of backups are available.

The Steelers' Josh Dobbs and the Cardinals' Mike Glennon are drawing interest leading up to this weekend's final cuts, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday's edition of NFL Total Access.

To read the rest of the article:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000952209/article/josh-dobbs-mike-glennon-drawing-trade-interest
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3031
Likes : 1192
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:40 am

When Dobbs got zero snaps against the Titans I think they made it abundantly obvious that Dobbs isn't in their future plans. If we can get a pick out of him, that'd be great for a guy we're just going to cut come the regular season.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 779
Likes : 150
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:25 am

In the article mentioned above, I read that the Raiders have a need at QB. Maybe, they can give us our 5th round back for him. We will keep their 6th round of course
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3031
Likes : 1192
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:29 am

Yeah that'd be nice to get our 5th rounder back. I don't know though, I don't think I see any team giving up more than a 6th, or 7th for a backup QB. They'd have to be pretty desperate to give up a 5th.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3166
Likes : 568
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:34 am

I don't think anyone is going to make a move unless he lights up the Panthers starting D tonight. Then maybe the Browns will trade us a #1 for him so when they run Mayfield into the ground they can start on Dobbs. Just kidding. Even they wouldn't give us a #1.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 779
Likes : 150
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:38 am

I know, we can only dream right A 6th or 7th rounder is indeed more likely.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3031
Likes : 1192
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:57 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
I know, we can only dream right A 6th or 7th rounder is indeed more likely.

Take it you must be a graveyard guy as well? Not too often people are up this time of the morning and replying to me.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.


Last edited by IowaSteeler927 on Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 779
Likes : 150
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:02 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
I know, we can only dream right A 6th or 7th rounder is indeed more likely.

Take you must be a graveyard guy as well? Not too often people are up this time of the morning and replying to me.

I'm Belgian and living in Europe, daytime here. That doesn't exclude that I can be a graveyard guy though
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3031
Likes : 1192
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:07 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
I know, we can only dream right A 6th or 7th rounder is indeed more likely.

Take you must be a graveyard guy as well? Not too often people are up this time of the morning and replying to me.

I'm Belgian and living in Europe, daytime here. That doesn't exclude that I can be a graveyard guy though

Ah I see! Well it's nice to have people on the forums from different parts of the world. Steeler Nation? More like Steeler Worldwide!

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Wallace108

avatar

Posts : 17522
Likes : 1465
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:04 am


_________________


If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
effyou515



Posts : 3210
Likes : 537
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:37 pm

this trade puts the Steelers over the top for the run to and a Superbowl win.

_________________
I played this so loud my neighbor threw a brick through my window so could hear it better!!!
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 723
Likes : 354
Join date : 2011-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:53 pm

gruden is on record saying he doesn't know if their second string QB is on their roster. after the way he slurped on Dobb's nuts since before draft day , he would kind of lose credibility by not going after Dobbs.
i mean he sang his praises loud and proud and to not give up a little bit of nothing for him, especially after publicly stating you need a back up QB makes his praises look like complete Bull Shit.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 779
Likes : 150
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:12 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
I know, we can only dream right A 6th or 7th rounder is indeed more likely.

Take you must be a graveyard guy as well? Not too often people are up this time of the morning and replying to me.

I'm Belgian and living in Europe, daytime here. That doesn't exclude that I can be a graveyard guy though

Ah I see! Well it's nice to have people on the forums from different parts of the world. Steeler Nation? More like Steeler Worldwide!

I'll change my nickname to Stella Worldwide
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 634
Likes : 160
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:11 am

@effyou515 wrote:
this trade puts the Steelers over the top for the run to and a Superbowl win.

lol

I like what I've seen of Dobbs and wish he could stay on practice squad at least. I must be the worst fan in the world at figuring these things because I didn't think there would be interest in Dobbs for a trade. I thought possibly a low pick for Jones just because he has experience, but a 2nd year guy with no game experience didn't seem like there would be much of a draw.

_________________
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 634
Likes : 160
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:49 am

REPORT: Josh Dobbs not the only Steelers quarterback drawing trade interest

According to a report by ESPN reporter Jeremy Fowler, there is interest in not one but two Pittsburgh Steelers backup quarterbacks via trade. We’ve talked at length on here about the potential value of Josh Dobbs in a trade, but Fowler has added Landry Jones into the mix as well.

It had never crossed our mind to think about Jones being the odd man out at quarterback. But in the big picture, having Dobbs and Mason Rudolph competing for the starting job when Ben Roethlisberger retires makes a lot of sense. They are both very talented young quarterbacks and both showed in training camp and preseason that they have a ton of potential.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/30/report-josh-dobbs-not-the-only-steelers-quarterback-drawing-trade-interest/

_________________
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3166
Likes : 568
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:18 am

Dobbs vs Rudolph.

Bradshaw vs Gilliam.

Except Gilliam wasn't a Space Engineer. And Bradshaw couldn't spell cat if you spotted him the C and the T.
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3210
Likes : 537
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:01 pm

I say, I say, trade Jones and keep Dobbs and Rudolph. I really like these 2 young QBs and Dobbs made it hard for the Steelers after last nights game.

or take the easy way out keep all 4.

_________________
I played this so loud my neighbor threw a brick through my window so could hear it better!!!
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 779
Likes : 150
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:56 pm

After last night I would keep Dobbs too. Jones is probably a little better right now because of experience, but Dobbs' ceiling is much higher. They probably don't like to let Jones go in case Ben should be replaced for 1 or 2 games, but I wouldn't get rid of a young and smart QB who is showing promise and the fact that Jones is in his last contract year is a great opportunity to get something for him in a trade.
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3166
Likes : 568
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:05 pm

I think at the very least Dobbs made it look like a dumb move if they let him walk but their only real option is to trade Jones.I doubt they'll do that. I agree Stella that his ceiling is much higher than Jones. Considering his lack of playing time the jump from last year should spell it out.
He's not just smart. He has the physical attributes to back it up.

If we don't keep him I believe he'll be starting for someone sooner than later.
Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

avatar

Posts : 383
Likes : 73
Join date : 2015-04-16
Location : Pacific rim

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:45 pm

I’d still rather keep Jones. He’s the only one of these three backups that has regular season experience. If Ben is out for a game or two, which is possible, I’d be more comfortable with jones to pull out the win than Rudolph or Dobbs. These preaseon games with scrubs playing defense don’t mean that much. Dobbs or Rudolph more likely than not will look very mediocre at best (probably making crucial mistakes) going against starters,

Dobbs and Rudolph both have good long term potential, If we can’t get good trade value out of Dobbs (or even Rudolph) I wouldn’t be opposed to the Steelers somehow keeping all four QB’s (and I mean not necessarily keeping all 4 on the active list)
Back to top Go down
effyou515



Posts : 3210
Likes : 537
Join date : 2011-09-28
Location : Fort Worth Texas

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:57 pm

to many people looking at this dulling QB preseason short term or this year only Steelers are going to look out for the future of the Steelers. imo this is the last contract for Ben and the Steelers Jones is not as talented as Dobbs and Rudolph so I see both Dobbs and Rudolph on the 53 man roster this season.

_________________
I played this so loud my neighbor threw a brick through my window so could hear it better!!!
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 634
Likes : 160
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:41 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
to many people looking at this dulling QB preseason short term or this year only Steelers are going to look out for the future of the Steelers. imo this is the last contract for Ben and the Steelers Jones is not as talented as Dobbs and Rudolph so I see both Dobbs and Rudolph on the 53 man roster this season.

I'm starting to agree more with this thinking. I wouldn't have really guessed that it would be anyone but Jones as #2 a week or 2 ago. Jones is in the system a few years and knows it, but in game experience he only has about 150 more NFL attempts than Dobbs and Rudolph. Maybe we're seeing too much of Dobbs against lesser preseason competition, but he does seem to have talent and with his intelligence likely has a strong grasp of the system too in his 2nd season. I guess we'll all know in a short time.

_________________
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3031
Likes : 1192
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:10 pm

I don't think Dobbs will stay, but I kind of wish he would. Kid played his ass off last night. I gotta give the guy some credit. He's shown flashes but last night he put together his best performance. I think he's going to be trade bait, but I wouldn't be hurt if they kept Dobbs and traded Jones.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
nine vegetable
Xtreme Newb


Posts : 37
Likes : 7
Join date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:11 pm

@Steeler-in-west wrote:
I’d still rather keep Jones. He’s the only one of these three backups that has regular season experience. If Ben is out for a game or two, which is possible, I’d be more comfortable with jones to pull out the win than Rudolph or Dobbs. These preaseon games with scrubs playing defense don’t mean that much. Dobbs or Rudolph more likely than not will look very mediocre at best (probably making crucial mistakes) going against starters,

Dobbs and Rudolph both have good long term potential, If we can’t get good trade value out of Dobbs (or even Rudolph) I wouldn’t be opposed to the Steelers somehow keeping all four QB’s (and I mean not necessarily keeping all 4 on the active list)

I think Dobbs has a better chance of winning meaningful games for the Steelers (Browns don't count) than Landry Jones does. Plus, Jones is in the last year of his contract, meaning we're not likely to have him after this year, plus he costs more money - plus, in the very near future, Ben is going to retire. I'd feel much more comfortable going forward with Dobbs and Rudolph, than just Rudolph, and having to go get another QB somewhere.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3031
Likes : 1192
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:13 pm

@nine vegetable wrote:
@Steeler-in-west wrote:
I’d still rather keep Jones. He’s the only one of these three backups that has regular season experience. If Ben is out for a game or two, which is possible, I’d be more comfortable with jones to pull out the win than Rudolph or Dobbs. These preaseon games with scrubs playing defense don’t mean that much. Dobbs or Rudolph more likely than not will look very mediocre at best (probably making crucial mistakes) going against starters,

Dobbs and Rudolph both have good long term potential, If we can’t get good trade value out of Dobbs (or even Rudolph) I wouldn’t be opposed to the Steelers somehow keeping all four QB’s (and I mean not necessarily keeping all 4 on the active list)

I think Dobbs has a better chance of winning meaningful games for the Steelers (Browns don't count) than Landry Jones does.  Plus, Jones is in the last year of his contract, meaning we're not likely to have him after this year, plus he costs more money - plus, in the very near future, Ben is going to retire.  I'd feel much more comfortable going forward with Dobbs and Rudolph, than just Rudolph, and having to go get another QB somewhere.  

First off welcome to SX!

Secondly I agree, I was iffy on Dobbs before but he's shown me enough this preseason I wouldn't mind if they kept him.


_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Dobbs on the trade block   

Back to top Go down
 
Dobbs on the trade block
Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: