HomePittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Home10FAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2019 3:03 pm

This mock has us going WR in the 1st and RB in the second.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018948/article/threeround-2019-nfl-mock-draft-20-kyler-murray-to-jaguars
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2019 11:06 am

that would be stoopid as hell considering the gigantic holes on defense.

1 NATION
STEELERS NATION Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 1:31 am

@jak341 wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001018948/article/threeround-2019-nfl-mock-draft-20-kyler-murray-to-jaguars

Yeah I'm not so sure about drafting Brown's cousin in the 1st Round. I'm sure AB would be putting ideas into his head. No thanks.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2019 3:36 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@jak341 wrote:

Yeah I'm not so sure about drafting Brown's cousin in the 1st Round. I'm sure AB would be putting ideas into his head. No thanks.

And a guy who's nickname is Hollywood Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 1505004552 No, thanks.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 4:19 am

Based on the Steelers combine visits it looks as if they've been quite heavy on meeting with WRs, and DBs. Makes sense considering the AB situation, and the fact we need a DB opposite Joe Haden.

NFL Scouting Combine
Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State
Alec Ingold, FB, Wisconsin
DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State
Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia
Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
Devin White, ILB, LSU
Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
Florida, DE, Jachai Polite
Washington, CB, Byron Murphy
LSU, CB, Greedy Williams
Florida, CB, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
Washington, CB, Taylor Rapp
Temple, CB, Rock Ya-Sin

Pro Days
Will take place after the Combine

Official Pre-Draft Visits

Pre-Draft Visits, By Position
None yet

(Credit for the list to BTSC - Behind the Steel Curtain)

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 5:07 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Based on the Steelers combine visits it looks as if they've been quite heavy on meeting with WRs, and DBs. Makes sense considering the AB situation, and the fact we need a DB opposite Joe Haden.

NFL Scouting Combine
Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State
Alec Ingold, FB, Wisconsin
DK Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss
A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss
N’Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State
Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia
Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina
Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma
Devin White, ILB, LSU
Mack Wilson, ILB, Alabama
Florida, DE, Jachai Polite
Washington, CB, Byron Murphy
LSU, CB, Greedy Williams
Florida, CB, Chauncey Gardner-Johnson
Washington, CB, Taylor Rapp
Temple, CB, Rock Ya-Sin

Pro Days

Official Pre-Draft Visits

Pre-Draft Visits, By Position
None yet

(Credit for the list to BTSC - Behind the Steel Curtain)

Red flag for me on Marquise Brown and Jachai Polite. The last one interviewed poorly (and that's an understatement) and he looks completely out of shape. Seems like he's not interested in football.

None of the CB's look like a first-round pick, very poor class full of Artie Burns type of players. Despite a fast 40 time Greedy Williams had a poor combine, he looked lost in the drills and most teams now have a 2nd round grade on him at best. DeAndre Baker also had a poor combine with a very slow 40 time. Byron Murphy is maybe the best CB in this draft now. Amani Oruwariye who has met with the Steelers a couple of weeks ago had a great combine. I think he's in play for us in the 2nd round if he's still available.

I was high on Mack Wilson, but he didn't show anything at the combine. He will probably fall to the second round unless he has a great pro-day. I didn't like Devin Bush pre-combine but I have turned around. If he's still available at 20 we shouldn't hesitate but I fear he will be gone. Germaine Pratt, another one of my favourite linebackers had a great combine. I hoped we would get him in the second round, but he could go higher now (early 2nd round probably). Devin White is now unfortunately more than ever out of reach for us.

This WR class is so good. A lot of players the Steelers met I really like: DK Metcalf, N'Keal Harry, A.J. Brown, Riley Ridley and Samuel Deebo. They all could go in the first round and if the defensive value isn't there at 20 (meaning Devin White, Devin Bush, Nick Bosa, Josh Allen, Rashan Gary, Montez Sweat, Clelin Ferrell, Quinnen Williams, maybe Brian Burns and Byron Murphy all gone) I would go WR in round 1 strange as that may seem.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 8:15 am

We definitely need a top flight receiver, for this offense to continue flourishing we're going to need a guy opposite of Juju that can take the top off of a defense. Otherwise, we'll be seeing opposing defenses doubling up on Juju and trying to limit our running game and life will be too easy for them.

If we can't get a top flight receiver, we should try to get a top flight TE. I know Noah Fant is a homer pick, me being a Hawkeye fan and all, but this guy can stretch the field. He is a better and more fluid athlete than McDonald and he can block to boot. He could definitely help us as well, and we could probably line him up in different places. If I'm Colbert, I'd only go TE though if they really feel like James Washington is going to step things up in his second year.

Like you said though, this WR draft class is pretty deep which is why we may want to wait until the second round to go offense. I know you said the corners don't impress that much, but anything has to be better than Artie Burns at this point.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 9:24 am

I know what you mean, but this CB class unfortunately lacks top CB's. Any other CB than Byron Murphy would feel like a reach at 20 to me. And even with him I would have a bit of a meh feeling. It's avery deep class though with a lot of decent corners so I would wait until the second or third round to draft one. I would be happier with a guy like Oruwariye, Rock Ya-Sin, David Long, Justin Layne, Jamel Dean or Mark Fields. I will make my realistic dream post combine mock now.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 10:41 am

My mock 2.0 (post combine)

1.20 Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan I know he's undersized, but he's a true football player who's fast and a great tackler. He's also decent in pass coverage and can be a 3-down LB

2.20 Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia Reminds me a lot of AB (the player). Not the WR who's getting the biggest hype in this class, but the best route runner of them all imo. He will be a great complement to Juju and Washington.

3.19 Jamel Dean, CB, Auburn He's a great cover corner with excellent speed as shown at the combine. He's better in man than in zone, but it's about time we switch to man anyway.

4.20 Ross Pierschbacher, G, Alabama Great run blocker and good pass protector who can also fill in at center.

6.2 Justin Hollins, OLB, Oregon Steelers met with him at the east-west shrine meeting where he impressed scouts with his play. He had 5 forced fumbles in 2018.

6.20 Qadree Ollison, RB, Pittsburgh Physical and powerful runner who can also serve as a FB.

7.5 Albert Huggins, NT, Clemson He was a back-up behind Christian Wilkins and Dexter Lawrence, but he has all the tools to become the back-up behind Javon Hargrave. Time to move on from McCullers.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 2:03 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:

1.20 Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan I know he's undersized, but he's a true football player who's fast and a great tackler. He's also decent in pass coverage and can be a 3-down LB

Given the option would you take Bush or Allen from KY?

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2019 3:19 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

Allen of course, he's a possible blue chip player. He will never be there at 20, he's going in the top 5.

My personal draft board for the Steelers would be:

1. Nick Bosa
2. Josh Allen
3. Devin White

And then a big gap to number 4
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2019 9:28 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

Allen of course, he's a possible blue chip player. He will never be there at 20, he's going in the top 5.

1. Nick Bosa
2. Josh Allen
3. Devin White

I'm hoping a trade for Brown will land us in the top 5.

1 NATION

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 3:08 am

@stlrtruck wrote:

I'm hoping a trade for Brown will land us in the top 5.

That'd be oh so nice, but I don't think so. Allen would be my dream pick. I think he'd possibly beat out Bud Dupree for the starting job opposite TJ Watt.

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 07, 2019 3:03 pm

DK Metcalf's combine was sick. One of the best combined performances I've ever seen. No chance he gets picked below top 10 though but one can dream...

Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 am

That being said, I really do like the LB from Michigan State Devin Bush. So I concur w Stella on that one and I'm surprised the Steelers haven't met with him yet. I also like another LB who could go in Round 2 to us, D'Andre Walker from Georgia. Averaged 6 sacks a game his last 2 years in the SEC and forced 4 fumbles his last. Smaller for his position, but should be out to prove something since he only started his senior year but lead the team in tackles as a backup in his junior...Quick twitch on the snap and a good motor on him so we'll see.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 09, 2019 3:04 am

I'm starting to feel like Greedy Williams will be our 1st Round pick and Parris Campbell in the 2nd. We need a corner opposite Haden, Williams has the intangibles and I think he's got a better pedigree than Burns. Parris Campbell can stretch the field, and could help take pressure off of Juju. I think the Steelers will address the safety position in free agency and attempt to sign someone like Landon Collins, and they might just do the same with ILB as well.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 10, 2019 12:41 pm

now I'm going with

1st. Deandre Baker CB Georgia

2nd. Emanuel Hall WR Missouri

3rd. Amani Hooker S/LB lowa

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 14, 2019 4:21 am

So here's a current list of all of our picks in the 2019 NFL Draft for reference:

First-Round, Pick 20
Second-Round, Pick 52
Third-Round, Pick 66 (from Oakland)
Third-Round, Pick 83
Fourth-Round, Pick 122
Fifth-Round, Pick 141 (from Oakland)
Sixth-Round, Pick 174 or 179 (from Arizona)
Sixth-Round, Pick 175 (from Oakland)
Sixth-Round, Pick 192
Seventh-Round, Pick 219 (from Tampa Bay)

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 15, 2019 8:26 am

Here's my 2019 Mock Draft Version 3.0 (Assuming the Steelers don't make any trades)

Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Mock_310

Did this Mock Draft on a site called The Draft Network for anyone that wants to try it out. It's pretty slick.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 20, 2019 6:34 pm

I would be more than pleased if this resembled our draft this year...we'll see.

IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 2:04 am

@Drizztbob wrote:
I would be more than pleased if this resembled our draft this year...we'll see.

One can hope right? Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 1797695198

Mocking is always fun, but the draft is so utterly unpredictable that it's impossible to be very accurate outside of the 1st Round picks.

Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 8:27 am

Mark Kaboly thinks the Steelers won't be moving up.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/1113413045101957121?s=19
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2019 6:17 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Mark Kaboly thinks the Steelers won't be moving up.

https://twitter.com/MarkKaboly/status/1113413045101957121?s=19

I don't see them doing it either. The Steelers just don't do it very often. The Jets are reportedly open to trading down from the #3 pick though, and I honestly wouldn't mind it one bit if the Steelers jumped up to get a guy like Josh Allen.

Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 9:49 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

1. Nick Bosa
2. Josh Allen
3. Devin White

Allen could very well go at #1 according to a couple mocks I've seen if you believe those guys.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 06, 2019 9:53 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
We definitely need a top flight receiver, for this offense to continue flourishing we're going to need a guy opposite of Juju that can take the top off of a defense. Otherwise, we'll be seeing opposing defenses doubling up on Juju and trying to limit our running game and life will be too easy for them.

If we can't get a top flight receiver, we should try to get a top flight TE. I know Noah Fant is a homer pick, me being a Hawkeye fan and all, but this guy can stretch the field. He is a better and more fluid athlete than McDonald and he can block to boot. He could definitely help us as well, and we could probably line him up in different places. If I'm Colbert, I'd only go TE though if they really feel like James Washington is going to step things up in his second year.

Like you said though, this WR draft class is pretty deep which is why we may want to wait until the second round to go offense. I know you said the corners don't impress that much, but anything has to be better than Artie Burns at this point.

About a month ago Hockenson was rated higher than Fant. They now say Fant has the higher ceiling. I see him like a cross between McDonald and Heath Miller. He could be a nice safety valve for Ben,just like Heath was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: