HomePittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 Home10RegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 1:30 am

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
We definitely need a top flight receiver, for this offense to continue flourishing we're going to need a guy opposite of Juju that can take the top off of a defense. Otherwise, we'll be seeing opposing defenses doubling up on Juju and trying to limit our running game and life will be too easy for them.

If we can't get a top flight receiver, we should try to get a top flight TE. I know Noah Fant is a homer pick, me being a Hawkeye fan and all, but this guy can stretch the field. He is a better and more fluid athlete than McDonald and he can block to boot. He could definitely help us as well, and we could probably line him up in different places. If I'm Colbert, I'd only go TE though if they really feel like James Washington is going to step things up in his second year.

Like you said though, this WR draft class is pretty deep which is why we may want to wait until the second round to go offense. I know you said the corners don't impress that much, but anything has to be better than Artie Burns at this point.

About a month ago Hockenson was rated higher than Fant. They now say Fant has the higher ceiling. I see him like a cross between McDonald and Heath Miller. He could be a nice safety valve for Ben,just like Heath was.

I think you put Fant on a team with a guy like Roethlisberger at the helm and a veteran like McDonald to help him out and he could be a real weapon for us. The guy has deceptive strength, he does need to work on his blocking, but I believe his issues in that regard are more with technique, than with strength as many thought prior to the combine. The kid can run though, he could tear apart defenses in the seams, and I would love to see linebackers and safeties try to cover him, he's too fast, too big, and he played well against even the best defenses Iowa saw at the collegiate level.

Hockenson is an absolute stud and he's going to succeed in the NFL. Fant though, he has the potential to be a Jimmy Graham (in his prime) type of player.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2019 9:17 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
We definitely need a top flight receiver, for this offense to continue flourishing we're going to need a guy opposite of Juju that can take the top off of a defense. Otherwise, we'll be seeing opposing defenses doubling up on Juju and trying to limit our running game and life will be too easy for them.

If we can't get a top flight receiver, we should try to get a top flight TE. I know Noah Fant is a homer pick, me being a Hawkeye fan and all, but this guy can stretch the field. He is a better and more fluid athlete than McDonald and he can block to boot. He could definitely help us as well, and we could probably line him up in different places. If I'm Colbert, I'd only go TE though if they really feel like James Washington is going to step things up in his second year.

Like you said though, this WR draft class is pretty deep which is why we may want to wait until the second round to go offense. I know you said the corners don't impress that much, but anything has to be better than Artie Burns at this point.

About a month ago Hockenson was rated higher than Fant. They now say Fant has the higher ceiling. I see him like a cross between McDonald and Heath Miller. He could be a nice safety valve for Ben,just like Heath was.

I think you put Fant on a team with a guy like Roethlisberger at the helm and a veteran like McDonald to help him out and he could be a real weapon for us. The guy has deceptive strength, he does need to work on his blocking, but I believe his issues in that regard are more with technique, than with strength as many thought prior to the combine. The kid can run though, he could tear apart defenses in the seams, and I would love to see linebackers and safeties try to cover him, he's too fast, too big, and he played well against even the best defenses Iowa saw at the collegiate level.

Hockenson is an absolute stud and he's going to succeed in the NFL. Fant though, he has the potential to be a Jimmy Graham (in his prime) type of player.

I don't think we could go wrong with either one. I'm pretty sure both will be gone by #20. We can wish though.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 1:31 am

@solardave wrote:

I don't think we could go wrong with either one. I'm pretty sure both will be gone by #20. We can wish though.

I hope so. Would be awesome to have a Fant Steelers jersey!

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 8:42 pm

When's the last time 2 TEs were taken in the top 20 of the first round? I'm thinking at least one of them will be there at 20. There's going to be some very talented players sitting there when the Steelers send in their pick. Guys will slide.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2019 9:15 pm

I think Fant may be there at 20.

Could be Fant, Greedy Williams, Devin Bush. Who'd you pick?
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2019 6:09 am

@nine vegetable wrote:

Could be Fant, Greedy Williams, Devin Bush.  Who'd you pick?

Fant or Bush. I'd rather have Baker or Murphy than Williams. I don't know there's something about him that makes me leery. Boom or Bust? We all know what happens for us with this type of player.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 1:55 am

@solardave wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:

Fant or Bush. I'd rather have Baker or Murphy than Williams. I don't know there's something about him that makes me leery. Boom or Bust? We all know what happens for us with this type of player.
I agree with you. Perhaps its the "greedy" part. Kind of like the receiver "Hollywood" Brown. Maybe enough of players that think like this.

I think I'd go with Bush #1, Fant #2, based on need. But if Fant is the next Heath Miller, it'd be hard to pass him up.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 12, 2019 8:07 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:

I agree with you.  Perhaps its the "greedy" part.  Kind of like the receiver "Hollywood" Brown.  Maybe enough of players that think like this.

I think I'd go with Bush #1, Fant #2, based on need.  But if Fant is the next Heath Miller, it'd be hard to pass him up.

I think Fant could be as good or better than Heath but if Bush is there I don't know. Why can't we just have the draft today? I'm not busy. Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 1378315869
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 15, 2019 11:19 am

@solardave wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:

I agree with you.  Perhaps its the "greedy" part.  Kind of like the receiver "Hollywood" Brown.  Maybe enough of players that think like this.

I think I'd go with Bush #1, Fant #2, based on need.  But if Fant is the next Heath Miller, it'd be hard to pass him up.

I think Fant could be as good or better than Heath but if Bush is there I don't know. Why can't we just have the draft today? I'm not busy. Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 1378315869

I'd think if both players are there at 20 (or two players we covet greatly), we probably draft one and move up to draft the other. That would seem like the way to go as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 4:59 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@nine vegetable wrote:

I'd think if both players are there at 20 (or two players we covet greatly), we probably draft one and move up to draft the other.  That would seem like the way to go as far as I'm concerned.

With all the extra picks I think moving up in round 2 is not out of the question. Especially if it's for first round talent like Fant. This could be one of those rare years where the FO office makes a move on draft day.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2019 1:52 am

@nine vegetable wrote:

Between those three, definitely Devin Bush as ILB is probably our biggest area of need. If Bush is off the board, I'd take Fant. In the modern NFL you can never have enough offensive weapons. Fant would really open things up at the TE position and he'd be a great help taking pressure off of Juju. He'd also enable to select a WR a little later in the draft. I like Williams if both fant and Bush are off of the board before 20.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 23, 2019 7:00 pm

My final mock draft:

1.20 Byron Murphy, CB, Washington
2.20 Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama
3.02 Charles Omenihu, DE, Texas
3.19 Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame
4.20 Alize Mack, TE, Notre Dame
5.03 Mike Weber, RB, Ohio State
6.02 Edwin Alexander, NT, Alabama
6.19 Olisaemeka Udoh, OT, Elon
6.34 Justin Hollins, OLB, Oregon
7.05 Ulysees Gilbert III, LB, Akron

For my first round pick I think Devin Bush will be our pick if available which I doubt. He's got big bust potential imo but I would understand the pick giving our need. Of all the realistical options available my personal choice would be a pass rusher: Ferrell, Sweat or Burns. Murphy would be my CB of choice and I wouldn't mind a TE like Hockenson or Fant or if they would decide to go WR AJ Brown. He's a combination of Hines Ward and JuJu, you can't go wrong with that Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 1797695198

Seeing all the picks we have I expect a trade up somewhere, maybe in the 2nd or the 3rd round but my choice would be the 4th round. After day 2 they can see who's left and use their 4th and two of their 6th round picks to trade up to the top of the 4th to take the player they really want and who somehow dropped to day 3.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 3:30 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
My final mock draft:

Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.

Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 6:55 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
My final mock draft:

nice.

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 5:26 pm

@effyou515 wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
My final mock draft:

nice.
That would be a good draft.

I was shocked Wilson ran a 4.65 at his pro day, but slipping to the 2nd might work out.

Honestly, I really am not sure who they take in the 1st.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 9:41 pm

D-E-V-I-N B-U-S-H

YES!!! I got one right for once!

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 10:00 pm

Shocked it only cost a couple 3rd rounds to move up and get him.

Note: the Steelers moved just in front of the bungles to pick Bush.

I confess, I wasn't as high on Bush. But the Steelers obviously thought he's special to go up that high to get him ... and I do love his motor.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 10:24 pm

@kirklandrules wrote:

I confess, I wasn't as high on Bush. But the Steelers obviously thought he's special to go up that high to get him ... and I do love his motor.

Has the intangibles, high motor, great speed... Snart player, can diagnose quickly, good against the run, and his speed is huge in coverage.

I love the pick. I also love we stole him from Cinci!

Back to top Go down
kirklandrules

kirklandrules

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2019 10:44 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@kirklandrules wrote:

Has the intangibles, high motor, great speed... Snart player, can diagnose quickly, good against the run, and his speed is huge in coverage.

I love the pick. I also love we stole him from Cinci!

My bad, the Steelers gave up their 2019 2nd round and next year's 3rd round. I'll learn how to count some day.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 27, 2019 2:18 pm

So I got the Bush and Gentry picks right. Two picks predicted, a personal best for me!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts   Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pittsburgh Steelers 2019 Mock Drafts
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: