HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Roster move coming?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Roster move coming?   Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:46 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
Well, Steelers aren't going to sign Simon. But the Patriots** are. So the Pats** traded for Gordon and are signing Simon. They recognize they have some holes and are filling them. Meanwhile, in Pittsburgh ...

I knew the moment I wanted Simon, the Pats* would sign him. Our front office has become so lethargic at times the last decade. Satisfied with what they have and not trying to get better when everyone sees that our defense has major holes.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Roster move coming?   Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:21 am

Sure would be nice to get a guy like Earl Thomas to shore up the safety position. Edmunds needs time to learn, and Burnett looks to be damaged goods to me at this point. Thomas is a beast, and a veteran leader. We need guys like that in the secondary.

Also would've been nice if we'd of looked at guys like Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib (as much as I hate Talib) during the offseason. You can't tell me these coaches haven't recognized that Artie and Coty aren't getting the job done. Without signing Bell, we would've had the cap room to get someone to shore up one of these positions.

The state of the secondary really just pisses me off. These guys have been horrible for a long time now. The only decent corner we have is Joe Haden, and he's probably the best we've had since guys like Ike Taylor were around and in their prime. Tomlin is supposed to be a defensive coach, and yet our defense is the glaring weakness of this football team. They make questionable draft pick, after questionable draft pick and it backfires in their faces. I mean I gave Artie Burns a chance, but it's year three and he only seems to get worse with every game he gets under his belt. So it makes me think back to when they selected him and I was scratching my head and saying "Artie Burns... who the hell is that?"

Then there's OLB. Bud Dupree is probably a quality backup in this league, but he's too inconsistent to be starting material. The guy will show up for one game, and disappear for the next six games. It's maddening. I'm hoping that Ola Adeniyi gets some playing time when he comes back because he looked like a wrecking ball during the preseason. He should definitely get some snaps to prove whether or not he can play with the big boys. Having watched him in just the preseason alone, he looked to be a much more skillful pass rusher than Dupree. Adeniyi can bend more, and he has a repertoire of pass rushing moves at his disposal. Bud Dupree relies on his first step, and bull rush. Sound familiar? Well it should, because Jarvis Jones was the same kind of one trick pony pass rusher. We have to get better.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Roster move coming?   Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:32 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Sure would be nice to get a guy like Earl Thomas to shore up the safety position. Edmunds needs time to learn, and Burnett looks to be damaged goods to me at this point. Thomas is a beast, and a veteran leader. We need guys like that in the secondary.

Also would've been nice if we'd of looked at guys like Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib (as much as I hate Talib) during the offseason. You can't tell me these coaches haven't recognized that Artie and Coty aren't getting the job done. Without signing Bell, we would've had the cap room to get someone to shore up one of these positions.

The state of the secondary really just pisses me off. These guys have been horrible for a long time now. The only decent corner we have is Joe Haden, and he's probably the best we've had since guys like Ike Taylor were around and in their prime. Tomlin is supposed to be a defensive coach, and yet our defense is the glaring weakness of this football team. They make questionable draft pick, after questionable draft pick and it backfires in their faces. I mean I gave Artie Burns a chance, but it's year three and he only seems to get worse with every game he gets under his belt. So it makes me think back to when they selected him and I was scratching my head and saying "Artie Burns... who the hell is that?"

Then there's OLB. Bud Dupree is probably a quality backup in this league, but he's too inconsistent to be starting material. The guy will show up for one game, and disappear for the next six games. It's maddening. I'm hoping that Ola Adeniyi gets some playing time when he comes back because he looked like a wrecking ball during the preseason. He should definitely get some snaps to prove whether or not he can play with the big boys. Having watched him in just the preseason alone, he looked to be a much more skillful pass rusher than Dupree. Adeniyi can bend more, and he has a repertoire of pass rushing moves at his disposal. Bud Dupree relies on his first step, and bull rush. Sound familiar? Well it should, because Jarvis Jones was the same kind of one trick pony pass rusher. We have to get better.  

While I agree with the rest of your post, I don't want one of these two clowns on my team. We already have enough off field drama. I'm sure there will be other good CB's available at the end of the season.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: Roster move coming?   Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:15 am

I'm putting this here for lack of anywhere else. Apparantly, we made an offer to Bruce Irvin. He turned us down to go to Atlanta (his hometown I presume) for less money.

https://twitter.com/TimBenzPGH/status/1060185632193105922?s=19
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Roster move coming?   Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:13 am

@jak341 wrote:
I'm putting this here for lack of anywhere else. Apparantly, we made an offer to Bruce Irvin. He turned us down to go to Atlanta (his hometown I presume) for less money.

https://twitter.com/TimBenzPGH/status/1060185632193105922?s=19

Can't really blame him for wanting to play for his hometown team.

I wish they'd give Ola Adeniyi a hat and some snaps to see what he can do in a real regular season game. Guy looked like a freaking wrecking ball during the preseason, and he's all healed up. No reason he shouldn't be able to split some snaps with Dupree.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roster move coming?   

Back to top Go down

Roster move coming?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: