HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Ryan Switzer looks to have solved Steelers return woes – and he's pitched in on offense, too

Go down 
AuthorMessage
effyou515

PostSubject: Ryan Switzer looks to have solved Steelers return woes – and he's pitched in on offense, too   Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:36 pm

Sunday in Cleveland, though, Switzer averaged 23.0 yards on three kickoff returns – each time, getting the Steelers field position out past the 25 yard line, the indication of a successful return.

“I got more comfortable the more reps I got (last season), and now I am feeling like I am just picking up where I left off last year,” Switzer said. “And the more I get to know these guys that are blocking for me, the more I get to learn this system and really perfect what (special teams coach Danny Smith) is asking me to do, the better it will be.”

As a bonus in Week 1, Switzer also played a role on offense. A slightly-unexpected one, too, in that not only did he play in the slot, he also lined up in the backfield.

https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14066915-74/ryan-switzer-looks-to-have-solved-steelers-return-woes-and-hes

I liked what I saw he's shifty back and forth and quick.

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Switzer looks to have solved Steelers return woes – and he's pitched in on offense, too   Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:58 pm

I really liked Switzer on Sunday and if this is any indication of his future play I'm really glad they got him.

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Switzer looks to have solved Steelers return woes – and he's pitched in on offense, too   Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:01 am

I was impressed with Switzer, I think we finally might've found a guy that can be consistent in the return game for us and make us a threat to take one to the house every once and awhile without having to risk Antonio Brown being out there. If he can contribute a little bit to the offense as well, then I'll be plenty happy with him. Look forward to seeing what this kid can do over the course of the rest of this season.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Switzer looks to have solved Steelers return woes – and he's pitched in on offense, too   Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:11 am

When they first announced signing him I thought it was a mistake but that just shows one of a hundred reasons why I'm not a coach. After one game he's an upgrade. He's pretty good at returns and can help in the slot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ryan Switzer looks to have solved Steelers return woes – and he's pitched in on offense, too   

Back to top Go down

Ryan Switzer looks to have solved Steelers return woes – and he's pitched in on offense, too
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: