HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
nine vegetable
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:49 pm

My other thought....

If this season continues to go south (hope it doesn't but...), and Buffalo continues to suck, perhaps trade Brown to Buffalo for their 1st rounder and maybe another (2nd or 3rd?). That would give Josh Allen a target in Buffalo, and our Steelers what we need - the next Khaleel Mack.

I'm for ridding ourselves of the divas. Get TEAM players that will lay it on the line for the team. Yes, that means dumping Bell too.

PS. I know the money might not make sense regarding the Brown trade, based on what we're committed to pay him next year so wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:55 pm

@nine vegetable wrote:
Why in the world these athletes want to live on social media and get pissed off at every thing that anyone says about them is beyond me.

There's always someone who doesn't like you.  Do you want to know every time they say something mean about you?

I deleted my Facebook account for this very reason. People say things on social (anti-social) media that they wouldn't say to your face. I have a Twitter account I never use.

I think these athletes cause more problems for themselves using these networks. It's all about inflated egos if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:15 pm

So it's all the media's fault. THEY'RE the distraction. Got it.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:35 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
So it's all the media's fault. THEY'RE the distraction. Got it.

I will say the media took his "Trade Me" post out of context. After reading the story, it was plain for me to see it was a tongue in cheek comment towards someone (a bitter former employee) who posted on his page. Yes, he didn't have to respond and he should've just let it go. However, I seriously had no doubt Brown didn't mean it.

And while the media was a distraction for the "Trade Me" post, Brown himself has created enough drama to be a distraction for the team in a period when what they need is leadership.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:41 pm

He was trolled and took the bait. Nothing more to it than that.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:08 pm

If it was just the "trade me" tweet, it wouldn't be a big deal. But combine that with him yelling at Fichtner and not showing up Monday, then there's an obvious problem that has nothing to do with the media.

I posted this after the Chiefs game, before the trade tweet and his absence Monday ...

Quote :
I thought getting rid of Haley would be the end of the sideline drama. Apparently not. Something is going on with AB. I don't know what it is, but something is wrong ... either physically or mentally. Or both.

His tweet and absence Monday only reinforce my suspicion. His explanation ... blaming the media ... is hollow.

I expect things to cool down for awhile now that the spotlight is on them, but I believe I'll be revisiting this post before the season ends.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:58 pm

At least he apologized. But year social media. Good or bad can affect anybody.

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:01 am

I get him being pissed off, but act like a professional. After last year's tantrum and throwing the Gatorade jug it just isn't a good look for him when he goes Dez Bryant on the sidelines and is yelling at his coaches. Take that to the locker room, be a leader, challenge your teammates to be better.

That's a big issue with this team, there's a lot of immaturity, and a lack of real leaders that reign guys in when they're frustrated, or when they're making mistakes that are costing the team. Hines Ward definitely wouldn't be putting up with Brown's antics.

It's also an issue with the coaching. Tomlin and Company need to stop coddling these guys and hold them accountable. Put an end to the stupid public comments to the media, and put an end to the social media garbage. It's nothing but distractions, and it's obviously effected this team greatly. Focus on the game, beating your opponent, and doing your job. You don't see all of this crap going on with franchises like the Packers, or the Patriots*... Because they don't put up with it. They hold their players to a higher standard. Pittsburgh should be doing the same thing. Enough with the player's coach crap. Their singular focus should be dominating each and every team they play every given week, getting into the playoffs, and winning a championship. Period. Who cares if Bell is holding out? F that guy, quit giving him the attention. Who cares what the media says. Ignore them. Do your job!

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:08 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
If it was just the "trade me" tweet, it wouldn't be a big deal. But combine that with him yelling at Fichtner and not showing up Monday, then there's an obvious problem that has nothing to do with the media.

I posted this after the Chiefs game, before the trade tweet and his absence Monday ...

Quote :
I thought getting rid of Haley would be the end of the sideline drama. Apparently not. Something is going on with AB. I don't know what it is, but something is wrong ... either physically or mentally. Or both.

His tweet and absence Monday only reinforce my suspicion. His explanation ... blaming the media ... is hollow.

I expect things to cool down for awhile now that the spotlight is on them, but I believe I'll be revisiting this post before the season ends.

We'll all be revisiting this post before the season ends.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:28 pm

It's not just Tomlin letting these guys run amok. We don't have anyone that is a true leader. I mean someone like Joe Greene, Jack Lambert to tell the defense to do their damn job and then show them how it's done.

We don't have Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis tell these guys to stay the hell off of social media and do their damn job and then show them how it's done.

Maybe some of the blame is on Kevin Colbert and the scouts who can't see that guys like Jarvis Jones, Dupree and Burns are not starters in this league. We'll just have to see if Edmunds is.

Good coaches control the locker room and great coaches RULE the locker room. Whether you're good or great as a coach your leaders mirror you. Think about that for a second.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:07 pm

@solardave wrote:
It's not just Tomlin letting these guys run amok. We don't have anyone that is a true leader. I mean someone like Joe Greene, Jack Lambert to tell the defense to do their damn job and then show them how it's done.

We don't have Hines Ward and Jerome Bettis tell these guys to stay the hell off of social media and do their damn job and then show them how it's done.

Maybe some of the blame is on Kevin Colbert and the scouts who can't see that guys like Jarvis Jones, Dupree and Burns are not starters in this league. We'll just have to see if Edmunds is.

Good coaches control the locker room and great coaches RULE the locker room. Whether you're good or great as a coach your leaders mirror you. Think about that for a second.

To quote the movie 'Remember The Titans' - "Attitude reflects leadership...Captain!"

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:19 pm

@solardave wrote:

So true. I hope TJ Watt can be that guy in three years. Right now he's too young, but he's the only potentional leader I see in this group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter   

Back to top Go down

Brown apologizes for tweeting threat to reporter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: