HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hawaii 5-0

PostSubject: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Is Pittsburgh bound to have a season from hell? Maybe. But Le’Veon Bell, Antonio Brown, and Co. are the league’s most compelling theater.

By Danny Heifetz
Sep 18, 2018

It is rare when the NFL has an off-the-field story line that can be classified as “fun.” Yet the Steelers are rapidly approaching a level of drama and pettiness usually reserved for the NBA. One of the most famously reserved franchises in American sports has become a quasi sideshow, and we need to soak in the silliness while we can.

This week’s episode began when Antonio Brown, the drop-kicking Madden cover star who arrived at training camp via helicopter, tweeted “trade me” at a former Steelers public relations employee on Monday.

The tweet came one day after Brown was seen yelling at new offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner on the sideline during their loss to the Chiefs. Pouring lighter fluid onto the fire, Brown did not report to the team facility Monday. Head coach Mike Tomlin said at a Tuesday press conference that he wouldn’t get into “whether or not [Brown] was excused.” Later, Brown’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler that Brown was attending to a personal matter and that he did not want to be traded. This may all blow over by the end of the week, but it does not bode well for the Steelers’ 2018 prospects that Brown isn’t even the only All-Pro on the team creating drama.

While Tomlin was deflecting questions about his superstar wide receiver, a video emerged of his superstar running back Jet Skiing in Miami.

to read rest of article:

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2018/9/18/17876346/pittsburgh-steelers-antonio-brown-leveon-bell-drama

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:04 am

I remember in I think 1994 the Rooneys were asked if they'd be interested in signing free agent Deion Sanders. I don't remember which Rooney, paraphrasing he replied: we run a football team in Pittsburgh..not a circus. That comment has been coming to mind the last couple weeks with the way the defense has gotten whupped the last 2 home games, the lack of discipline, and the constant AB and Bell drama.

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:04 am

The media likes to latch onto a team with issues and drama, specially one with high expectations and a traditionally conservative organization.

Winning cures all though. Get Haden back, defense needs to learn to cover, win on Monday and a lot of this drama goes away.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Wed Sep 19, 2018 8:42 am

There is nothing glorious happening here unless you hate this team. I use the term team lightly because this is not a team but individuals doing their own thing with NO supervision.
Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:35 pm

Mark Madden's Trib article today. He's not wrong.

https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/markmadden/14093578-74/mark-madden-steelers-antics-an-embarrassment-for-fans-franchise
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:09 pm

It’s become a clown car circus ride. Brown needs to go and I said it last year Bell needs to as well. Tomlin has squandered one of the best line ups in football. He can hit the road after this year as well as far as I am concerned.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:26 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Mark Madden's Trib article today. He's not wrong.

https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/markmadden/14093578-74/mark-madden-steelers-antics-an-embarrassment-for-fans-franchise

I don't like Mark Madden but that doesn't mean he's wrong here. He's not.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:06 am

Now Stormy Daniels is bringing up Roethlisberger all of a sudden... Funny, first it was President Trump, and now she's trying to hang Ben out to dry. Just what we need, yet another distraction.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Mach1
Quest For Seven

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:33 am

As I posted at SU.
She's been on more wieners than Heinz ketchup.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:38 am

@Mach1 wrote:
As I posted at SU.
She's been on more wieners than Heinz ketchup.

At some point someone needs to sue her ass for defamation. Funny how she's never said anything before, now she sees all the media coverage around the Steelers and all of the distractions and swoops in to make some BS claim about Roethlisberger from years and years ago. That jizz dumpster needs to find something better to do with her time, it's really pathetic that she has to go around making a bunch of crap up to keep herself in the limelight.

Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:38 pm

I don't care about any of this stuff. I just want to watch football

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:16 am

@vasteeler wrote:

I remember when we could watch football and it was an escape from all of the BS of the real world. Now it's all politics, social media, scandals, suspensions, drama, etc...

Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:42 am

Who needs soap operas when we have football.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:11 am

@vasteeler wrote:

I wanna watch football, too. When does the XFL start?

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:16 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
@vasteeler wrote:

I'm actually thinking the XFL has a shot this time around to really cater to people who aren't interested in some of the political crap surrounding the NFL as of late. I'll definitely check it out. Never hurts to have competition.

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:11 am

https://www.xfl.com/

And they plan to play on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
vasteeler

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:41 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@vasteeler wrote:

It would be great if the Steelers could switch to the XFL

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:51 am

The Alliance of American Football (AAF) starts in spring 2019!

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Steelers Are the Most Gloriously Dysfunctional Team in the NFL   

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: