HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:13 am

LJ played fairly well stepping in for the injured Vince Williams during the Ravens game. This isn't the first time we've seen LJ come in during other similar situations and he always seems to come out and play well. What I don't understand is why Matekavich was still taking first team snaps in practice. Seriously, what has Dirty Red done to show he can play ILB at this level? He competed for the job opposite of Williams and didn't win that.

Fort should be getting a shot. I have no problem with trying him or Matthew Thomas out because they are both athletic, but Fort has more experience. I think the fact that they are still trying out Matekavich just goes to show how inept our defensive coaching staff is.

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/10/film-room-l-j-forts-solid-cameo-likely-to-be-short-lived/

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:57 am

Fort has always done a good job when he's in. I think it's all about who you know with this team.
While Matakevich is a good STs player he is not starting ILB material.
It's one thing to be a coaches favorite ( I think for some reason Red is) and another thing to jump ahead of a better player because of it.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:19 am

@solardave wrote:
Fort has always done a good job when he's in. I think it's all about who you know with this team.
It's one thing to be a coaches favorite ( I think for some reason Red is) and another thing to jump ahead of a better player because of it.

I know it was only 12 snaps he played against the Ravens but Fort looked pretty decent in coverage and shut down a couple of run plays. I feel like I saw more from Fort in those 12 snaps than I've seen from Matekavich (as an ILB) in all of his time here.

Back to top Go down
jak341

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:24 am

I've been hearing on the radio all week Thomas will be getting snaps on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:19 am

I'm fine with either Fort or Thomas getting an opportunity. They have to try SOMETHING. You can't keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results.

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:46 am

@solardave wrote:
that's just the way the steelers roll man. i mean they got guys on the roster like DHB and McCullers who would have been out of the NFL years ago if it were not for the steelers keeping them around.for some reason having a few years of experience but sucking , trumps a young player, a preseason star, who shows flashes of potential and upside .(patterson). i mean what else could the guy have done to make the roster ? did he need 5 more tds ? 20 more receptions ? i mean i know DHB's 10 catches a year is hard to top , but c'mon maaan....
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:12 pm

Tomlin's next LB up most likely will be Tyler Matakevich.

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:10 am

Maybe the coaches changed their minds?

https://steelersdepot.com/2018/10/butler-on-fort-playing-against-falcons-hes-going-to-get-his-chance-this-week-probably/

Back to top Go down
Steeler-in-west

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:32 pm

Steelers need a linebacker who can cover the TE’s in the worst way. If LJ can do that, and I hear he’s faster than Bostic and VW, then I hope the team is looking into this. Bostic is one dimensional and VW is just a solid backup
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:25 pm

I think LJ looked pretty good today. Good speed, seems to have a nose for the football. Moves well. Recovered that fumble that TJ Watt forced for a Touchdown.

Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:20 am

He did a good job and deserves more time to prove himself.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:32 am

@solardave wrote:
He did a good job and deserves more time to prove himself.

I think he's much better than Matekavich. Makes you wonder why the hell these guys chose to field Sean Spence last season when Shazier got hurt.

Here's a pretty good article from BTSC on Fort:

https://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2018/10/9/17950726/l-j-fort-is-the-pittsburgh-steelers-version-of-rocky-balboa-vince-williams-nfl-news-falcons-recap

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...   

Back to top Go down

LJ Fort really should be getting a chance...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: