HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2064
Likes : 509
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader    Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:38 pm

Where were you when it happened? I was in my living room.

Remember when Drew Brees was a Charger? I remember.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 717
Likes : 542
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader    Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:53 am

@jak341 wrote:
Where were you when it happened? I was in my living room.

Remember when Drew Brees was a Charger? I remember.

Remember when he failed a physical and the Dolphins didn't sign him, so he went to NO instead? I remember.

_________________
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11271
Likes : 771
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader    Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:26 am

Mannings response "PRICELESS"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/video-peyton-manning-has-very-peyton-manning-congrats-for-drew-brees/ar-BBO83jG?li=BBnb7Kz

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3174
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader    Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:38 am

@Lokki wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
Where were you when it happened? I was in my living room.

Remember when Drew Brees was a Charger? I remember.

Remember when he failed a physical and the Dolphins didn't sign him, so he went to NO instead?  I remember.  

Pretty sure the Dolphins just cringe every time they see Brees breaking another record.

What an idiotic move that was by them to pass on him. Went on to have a Hall of Fame career and really it could be argued that he's the GOAT at the QB position over some of the other guys in the discussion. Dolphins are still trying to find a competent replacement for Dan Marino. Could've had that in Brees.

I have nothing but respect for Drew Brees. Amazing player, great character on and off the field.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Stella Nation

avatar

Posts : 799
Likes : 152
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader    Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:30 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
Mannings response "PRICELESS"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/video-peyton-manning-has-very-peyton-manning-congrats-for-drew-brees/ar-BBO83jG?li=BBnb7Kz

I really hated Manning when he was a player, but I really started to like him once he stopped. Not many people can do that
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 717
Likes : 542
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader    Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:51 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
Where were you when it happened? I was in my living room.

Remember when Drew Brees was a Charger? I remember.

Remember when he failed a physical and the Dolphins didn't sign him, so he went to NO instead?  I remember.  

Pretty sure the Dolphins just cringe every time they see Brees breaking another record.

What an idiotic move that was by them to pass on him. Went on to have a Hall of Fame career and really it could be argued that he's the GOAT at the QB position over some of the other guys in the discussion. Dolphins are still trying to find a competent replacement for Dan Marino. Could've had that in Brees.

I have nothing but respect for Drew Brees. Amazing player, great character on and off the field.

Yeah picking Culpepper over Brees was boneheaded.

_________________
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3174
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader    Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:00 am

@Lokki wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
Where were you when it happened? I was in my living room.

Remember when Drew Brees was a Charger? I remember.

Remember when he failed a physical and the Dolphins didn't sign him, so he went to NO instead?  I remember.  

Pretty sure the Dolphins just cringe every time they see Brees breaking another record.

What an idiotic move that was by them to pass on him. Went on to have a Hall of Fame career and really it could be argued that he's the GOAT at the QB position over some of the other guys in the discussion. Dolphins are still trying to find a competent replacement for Dan Marino. Could've had that in Brees.

I have nothing but respect for Drew Brees. Amazing player, great character on and off the field.

Yeah picking Culpepper over Brees was boneheaded.

It was a monumental mistake. Honestly I don't understand why the Chargers got rid of Brees. They should've kept him in the first place, instead they drafted Phillip Rivers. What has he done in his career besides choke? Even when Rivers had guys like LT and Antonio Gates in their primes (both first ballot Hall of Famers) he still couldn't get to a Super Bowl. Brees has had some pretty good players around in in New Orleans but none that I would qualify as Hall of Fame caliber, at least at this point and time. Brees is one of those rare quarterbacks like Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc... That just seems to elevate the play of the guys around them.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 717
Likes : 542
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader    Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:53 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:
@jak341 wrote:
Where were you when it happened? I was in my living room.

Remember when Drew Brees was a Charger? I remember.

Remember when he failed a physical and the Dolphins didn't sign him, so he went to NO instead?  I remember.  

Pretty sure the Dolphins just cringe every time they see Brees breaking another record.

What an idiotic move that was by them to pass on him. Went on to have a Hall of Fame career and really it could be argued that he's the GOAT at the QB position over some of the other guys in the discussion. Dolphins are still trying to find a competent replacement for Dan Marino. Could've had that in Brees.

I have nothing but respect for Drew Brees. Amazing player, great character on and off the field.

Yeah picking Culpepper over Brees was boneheaded.

It was a monumental mistake. Honestly I don't understand why the Chargers got rid of Brees. They should've kept him in the first place, instead they drafted Phillip Rivers. What has he done in his career besides choke? Even when Rivers had guys like LT and Antonio Gates in their primes (both first ballot Hall of Famers) he still couldn't get to a Super Bowl. Brees has had some pretty good players around in in New Orleans but none that I would qualify as Hall of Fame caliber, at least at this point and time. Brees is one of those rare quarterbacks like Peyton Manning, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, etc... That just seems to elevate the play of the guys around them.

Brees looked like a bust, his first 2 seasons in SD. Then they drafted Rivers and Brees started putting up numbers with Rivers sitting behind him. Then the shoulder injury happened and SD decided they would cut him loose and go with Rivers. The Dolphins decided to go with Culpepper coming off of a knee injury over Brees coming off of a throwing arm shoulder injury. Brees is good, but a lot of it comes from Sean Payton's system. I'm not so sure that he would've put up the same numbers if he would have went to the Dolphins.

Full disclosure. I used to pull for the Dolphins as well, when they had Marino. I still wish that he ended up here. I still kept up with them for a bit after Marino retired and was even semi-active on a Dolphins message board as well. I haven't kept up with them in years now though. I don't think that I can really name any of their players outside of Cameron Wake, Kenny Stills, and Ryan Tannehill these days.

Since I live an hour and a half outside of New Orleans, I get Brees/Saints coverage all of the time, from the news, my friends and my coworkers.

_________________
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3174
Likes : 1196
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader    Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:34 am

I actually grew up a good portion of my childhood a Dolphins fan. I always loved the Steelers because they wore the black and gold like my Hawkeyes, and they played tough football with a smashmouth running game and a defense fielding guys like Rod Woodson, Greg Lloyd, and Kevin Greene.

My Dad is a lifelong Dolphins fan though, and like many sons who want to be like their Dads I watched the Dolphins because of it. I literally idolized Dan Marino. Had a Marino jersey and everything.

After Marino retired I lost interest for a year or two, then I pretty well decided I wanted to be my own person, and switched gears to the Steelers. Some would probably call it hopping on the bandwagon, but this was well before the Steelers made it to Super Bowl XL. I couldn't be any happier with my decision, I finally felt at home. While we do have some idiots in our fanbase for sure (every fanbase does) I truly think Steeler Nation is like a huge extended family. I go out wearing my Steelers gear, or even something as simple as a hat and fellow fans take the time to talk football with me. I never got that as a Dolphins fan. That was a lonely existence, rooting for a team that couldn't get out of it's own way, watching the Dolphins waste Marino until his retirement. Often makes me wonder just how many championships Marino could've won if he had been drafted by Pittsburgh, rather than Miami.

So while I can't say I've been a full-on Steelers fan since I came out of the womb, I can say I'll be one until the day I die.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader    

Back to top Go down
 
Drew Brees All Time Passing Leader
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: NFL-
Jump to: