HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Game Balls and Goats

Go down 
AuthorMessage
solardave

PostSubject: Game Balls and Goats   Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:13 am

Game Balls:

Connor is turning into the RB we hoped he could be. As long as the line blocks like they have the last 2 games he can hurt people.

JU JU That catch was awesome. I know he started off with 2 drops but he redeemed himself.

O line They blocked really well and Ben had all day to throw.

Rosie opened up holes for Connor all day but that hit on Erickson was sweet.

AB held in check until he wasn't and they paid the ultimate price for it. Actually I don't think he scores if not for Hunter's blocking so why not give him a half of a ball.

Pouncey in particular was dishing out punishment all day.

DeCastro was right up there with Pouncey getting to the second level.

Even though he dropped a couple of INTs. Well one sure one anyway he kept Green in check for as long as it mattered.

Even though Ben had 2 or 3 balls that could of easily been INTs he still did what was necessary to win the game. He took what he could get and the shovel pass to AB sealed the deal. No sacks,no INTs.

Goats:

Burns is an idiot. He had one Job on the TD catch and where is he? Hanging out in the middle of the end zone watching who? The PI call on him should have been an INT but he turned around early and then got right up in the receiver's face. He is a waste of a pick,especially a 1rst round one.

Butler calling blitzes at the wrong time and playing Burns.Sending Williams out in coverage after missing time with a hamstring injury. If Bell comes back and signs I would try to trade him straight up for a legitimate starting CB and keep Burns on STs maybe. He can sit for all I care.

It was a good win because we didn't get rattled when they scored to go ahead. This is one of those games we should have won and we did. I'll take it.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats   Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:30 am

Gameballs:
Conner: It is Bell who is messing up his own value, it's Conner who is messing up Bell's value
Ju-Ju: This young kid is out to make himself the best WR in the league
O-line: You can have the greatest RB in the world but without the line he's nothing - ask Sanders
Boswell: After starting the season with the shanks, he seems to have found the cure

Goats:
Secondary: Talk about split personalities, one moment they're in it and the next they're leaving WRs with 10 yard cushions
Butler: I think sometimes he believes he has the best defensive players in the league on one team and he's unaware of the talent (or lack there of) in certain positions

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats   Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:56 am

goat play, ABs run out of bounds could of tuned it up field for a TD Steelers had to settle for a field goal and a 6 point lead.

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats   Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:14 am

Gameballs:

Conner
Juju
Ben
O-line
Haden

Goats:

Burns
ST for giving the Bengals a short field 3 times (1 Berry punt and 2 KR)
Tomlin or the idiot in the box who tought it was a good idea to challenge a correct call in the first half and not an incorrect call on a Conner run that ultimately costed us a TD. Whoever made those calls almost costed us the game.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats   Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:17 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
Gameballs:

Conner
Juju
Ben
O-line
Haden

Goats:

Burns
ST for giving the Bengals a short field 3 times (1 Berry punt and 2 KR)My question is: Was Danny Smith telling Boswell to kick it short because he showed he could put it over Erickson's head if needed and the way we played STs it was needed.
Tomlin or the idiot in the box who tought it was a good idea to challenge a correct call in the first half and not an incorrect call on a Conner run that ultimately costed us a TD. Whoever made those calls almost costed us the game.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats   Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:25 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Gameballs:

Conner
Juju
Ben
O-line
Haden

Goats:

Burns
ST for giving the Bengals a short field 3 times (1 Berry punt and 2 KR)My question is: Was Danny Smith telling Boswell to kick it short because he showed he could put it over Erickson's head if needed and the way we played STs it was needed.

Good question. I think Boswell was told to kick it short, but I'm not sure of course. Both coach and players are responsible for allowing 2 good returns. It can happen once, but not twice.
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats   Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:03 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
Gameballs:

Conner
Juju
Ben
O-line
Haden

Goats:

Burns

Good question. I think Boswell was told to kick it short, but I'm not sure of course. Both coach and players are responsible for allowing 2 good returns. It can happen once, but not twice.

That's exactly what I was yelling the second time he kicked it short. I was actually screaming at the TV. So add Smith to my Goat list.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats   Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:33 pm

Gameballs

Conner
O-Line
Ju Ju- really loving his attitude and ability to make tough catches
McDonald...he didn't have the biggest game but it's awesome how he knocks people out of the way and is hard to bring down

Goats

whoever decided not to challenge the TD that could have cost them the game. You'll challenge a first down spot in the first half but not a TD when you're trying to win the game in the 2nd half?

PostSubject: Re: Game Balls and Goats   

Back to top Go down

Game Balls and Goats
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: