HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Gameballs and goats week 9

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Gameballs and goats week 9   Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:01 am

Gameballs:

Dobbs: Biggest play of the game. Down on our own 5, 2nd and 20, only 1 TD up, his first meaningful snap in the NFL and he throws a perfect pass for a 22 yard gain That moment I knew we were going to win the game.
Ben: Not forcing anything, always finding the open man, converting long 3rd downs with ease.
Conner: Another stellar game. Really toasted Baltimore's excellent running D.
O-line: Protecting Ben and opening lanes for Conner
Fichtner: Excellent play-calling. We controled the clock and that helped out our defense.
Tomlin: Great gameplan that outcoached Harbaugh.

Goats:

Boswell: The way he's missing XP this year, we might better go for 2 all the time. Come on dude.
Refs: All those pass interferences against us while the Ravens could hold us all day long. Seriously?
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 9   Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:11 am

Ok, so living in Tampa, I didn't get to see the game other than highlights shown on TV or that I saw last night it's hard to determine but I'll give you my short list based off what I've heard/seen.

Gameballs:
O-line - proving it's not all Bell who made the magic happen over the last several years
Conner - grit & determination, hard running and just pure desire to be the best he can be.
Ben - sounds like he had a damn near perfect game
Defense - I'm not sure about all the penalties going against us or the ones which were missed for us, but they kept the ratbirds in check

Goats:
Boswell - you can't keep missing XPs, thankfully it didn't cost us the game

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 9   Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:56 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
Gameballs:

Dobbs: Biggest play of the game. Down on our own 5, 2nd and 20, only 1 TD up, his first meaningful snap in the NFL and he throws a perfect pass for a 22 yard gain That moment I knew we were going to win the game.
Ben: Not forcing anything, always finding the open man, converting long 3rd downs with ease.
Conner: Another stellar game. Really toasted Baltimore's excellent running D.
O-line: Protecting Ben and opening lanes for Conner
Fichtner: Excellent play-calling. We controled the clock and that helped out our defense.
Tomlin: Great gameplan that outcoached Harbaugh.

Goats:

Boswell: The way he's missing XP this year, we might better go for 2 all the time. Come on dude.
Refs: All those pass interferences against us while the Ravens could hold us all day long. Seriously?

Nailed it. Dobbs off of the bench had one job and did it to perfection. I never thought I'd applaud Ben taking a sack but here we are. AV more than held his own against Suggs. Did you see him swat Suggs hands away on the one play? Suggs tried to grab AV's jersey but that wasn't going to happen. A thing of beauty.

This game felt different. It was like a "don't worry we got this" kind of game. We have a hard row to hoe ahead but I feel a lot better about this team now.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable
Xtreme Newb

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 9   Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:01 pm

I'm all in on Dobbs. I believe he is the heir apparent and not Rudolph (although to be fair, Rudolph is only a rookie and could see vast improvement like Dobbs did from one year to the next).

He's one of the most (if not the most) intelligent players in the NFL.

What's even more impressive about that play: it was a called run. He read the defense and checked out of it to a pass.

That takes a lot of guts to come off the bench as a backup and check out of the run to a pass from your end zone. I credit the Steelers staff for having the confidence in him to allow him to do that, as well. But what a check-off.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 9   Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:39 pm

Gameballs:

Dobbs what an awesome key play off the bench
James for the 51 yd catch after that
Conner and the O-line...I really thought it was going to be a low yardage day for Conner
The entire team for showing flake-o a tough Steelers team

Goats

Hate to pile on Boswell but getting pretty nervous during games for simple XPs and more nervous about the trend and future

PostSubject: Re: Gameballs and goats week 9   

Back to top Go down

Gameballs and goats week 9
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: