HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine

Go down 
AuthorMessage
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine   Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:37 am

Found out that a friend of mine (former coworker) that was struggling with some personal issues passed away recently. Found it out through a mutual friend and coworker at work. Prior to him leaving our Office, I and some of our other friends at work pooled some money together and bought him a JuJu Smith Schuster jersey to try and cheer him up as he had recently lost his son.

Now he is gone. I am posting it in the Steelers forum because he was one of our own, one of Steeler Nation.

Thanks guys for any thoughts and prayers, please direct them towards his family. Not a good thing to find out at work.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine   Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:50 am

Sorry to hear this Iowa. Sounds like he really had a rough go and we never know when our time is up. The older I get the more I realize how short life can be. I don't ever want to get to the end with regrets for not telling my kids, family and friends how much I love them.
I know we spend most of our time on here talking about the team but I honestly feel like we're close in other ways just like a family. I promise I will say prayers for his family.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine   Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:55 am

@solardave wrote:
Sorry to hear this Iowa. Sounds like he really had a rough go and we never know when our time is up. The older I get the more I realize how short life can be. I don't ever want to get to the end with regrets for not telling my kids, family and friends how much I love them.
I know we spend most of our time on here talking about the team but I honestly feel like we're close in other ways just like a family. I promise I will say prayers for his family.

Thanks Dave, I appreciate that very much. He was a good guy, I've worked with him for almost my entire career at the Sheriff's Office. He wasn't an Officer, but he put up with a lot of crap like the rest of us, and life dealt him a pretty crappy hand with the loss of his son.

I don't know as of yet how he passed, I don't know that I want to know. Just wish that it hadn't happened.

Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine   Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:23 am

Sorry to hear this Iowa, my thoughts to his family and friends including you. Very hard news and sounds like he had a very tough life. Losing a child is the worst that can happen in life...

I always say you have to enjoy all small good moments with family and friends, because you never know when you're time is up like Dave said.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine   Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:12 am

Terrible news. I hope you and his family can find some peace in this extremely difficult time.

PostSubject: Re: Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine   Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:19 pm

Sorry to read this Iowa. That is never an easy thing. I hope his family can somehow find Peace.

"Zed's dead, baby. Zed's dead." - Butch
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

PostSubject: Re: Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine   Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:01 pm

Praying for this family. So sorry. May they all be in thought and prayer.

PostSubject: Re: Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine   Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:41 pm

Sorry for your loss and thoughts and prayers for him, his family, and friends

PostSubject: Re: Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine   Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:56 am

Thanks guys. It's a tough loss, especially around the holidays. I wasn't super close to him, but I worked with him for about 10 years and we always talked Steelers football. Our other mutual friend at work was a lot closer to him, and that's who I feel sorry for the most.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine   

Back to top Go down

Asking for thoughts and prayers for the family of a fellow Steelers fan and friend of mine
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: