HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 
 

 Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TollingtheBell26

avatar

Posts : 335
Likes : 64
Join date : 2015-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:33 pm

Wow, fucking terrible
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 575
Likes : 116
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:33 pm

Undisciplined just horrible... this team won’t make the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
schillah

avatar

Posts : 187
Likes : 65
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : NY

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:35 pm

Artie Burns....smh. Shamarko Thomas football IQ

_________________
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable



Posts : 140
Likes : 21
Join date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:35 pm

To blow a game like that.... that's gonna haunt us.

There is NO guarantee we will make the playoffs. We have a couple very tough games coming up and Baltimore only trails us by 1/2 game now. This is one we needed.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 730
Likes : 169
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:02 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
To blow a game like that.... that's gonna haunt us.

There is NO guarantee we will make the playoffs.  We have a couple very tough games coming up and Baltimore only trails us by 1/2 game now.  This is one we needed.

Yeah, I'm not feeling good about things anymore. Boggles the mind how a 23-7 halftime lead and receiving the kick after the half ends up in a loss. Incredible how this team year after year takes games that look like wins and brings them down to nail biting wins and losses

_________________
Back to top Go down
JPPT1974

avatar

Posts : 171
Likes : 29
Join date : 2015-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:24 am

Really Chargers offense began to tire the defense out and in the process making those penalties really cost them in the F.G. thing.

_________________
Christmas Time is Coming for 2018
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3482
Likes : 593
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:14 am

Questions and observations.

How can a defense play so good in the 1rst half and shit their pants in the 2nd half?
How can the officials miss so many calls? Blatant calls.

This not a playoff team! We lost once again by letting them do whatever they wanted in the 2nd half.

We need a new STs coach.

L.A. got at least 18 points off of non-calls. False start,Illegal block in the back, and a holding call.
Funny how the refs can miss these obvious penalties but didn't seem to miss any on us.

We didn't deserve a win but the officiating was the worst I've ever seen. If the league doesn't do something about this group of officials I don't know if I'm going to watch any more games.

At this point we'll be lucky to get in the playoffs let alone win the AFC north.

Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

avatar

Posts : 11332
Likes : 772
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:13 am

Sorry, but you can't blame the refs when you have a 16 point half time lead.

The refs didn't come out at half time and lay an egg. The Steelers were firing on all cylinders and they stopped the engine. So what the refs missed some calls, yes it sucks, yes it helped the chargers. BUT the Steelers had the lead, the only thing that changed was the fact the Steelers stopped themselves! AGAIN!

_________________

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

avatar

Posts : 1292
Likes : 166
Join date : 2012-01-28
Location : Baltimore

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:46 am

This is not a playoff caliber team let alone a Superbowl contender. When you're the better team, the luck/calls usually favor you, and we were beyond unlucky in this game. The piss poor officiating legitimately cost us 17 pts however and a written apology from the NFL will not be enough.

That game might have been the nail in the coffin after losing last week sad to say.

_________________
Win, Lose, or Tie, I'm a Steeler fan until I DIE!!!
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3482
Likes : 593
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:55 am

@stlrtruck wrote:
Sorry, but you can't blame the refs when you have a 16 point half time lead.

The refs didn't come out at half time and lay an egg.  The Steelers were firing on all cylinders and they stopped the engine.  So what the refs missed some calls, yes it sucks, yes it helped the chargers.  BUT the Steelers had the lead, the only thing that changed was the fact the Steelers stopped themselves! AGAIN!

I'm not blaming the refs for the loss. I know we beat ourselves again. I know we didn't do our jobs in the second half. I'll even go one step further and say that what the refs did or didn't do in this case should have fired this team up on both sides but it didn't.

Here is pretty much what I think of last night's game in a nutshell:

https://www.steelers.com/news/labriola-on-the-loss-to-the-chargers


Last edited by solardave on Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

avatar

Posts : 575
Likes : 116
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:57 am

Keith Butlers is the reason they lost this game. You simply cannot ask your LBs to cover Allen and he did that from the very start of the game and Rivers made them pay for it constantly throughout that game. He made ZERO adjustments for it at the half and asking Dupree, Fort, or Bostic to cover the slot receiver usually Allen for this game) over the middle was what killed the D because they couldn’t get off the field. It was right in Butlers face and he didn’t even try to utilize the nickle or dime sub packages the Chargers got some lucky calls and breaks but Butler reverted to the same mentality that cost him previous games both last year, I. The playoffs, and earlier this year.


Last edited by SteelerFreak58 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable



Posts : 140
Likes : 21
Join date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:08 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
Keith Butlers is the reason they lost this game. You simply cannot ask your LBs to cover Allen and he did that from the very start of the game and Rivers made them pay for it constantly throughout that game. He made ZERO adjustments for it at the half and asking Dupree, Fort, or Bostic to cover the slot receiver usually Allen for this game) over the middle was what killed the D because they couldn’t get off the field. It was right in Butlers face and he didn’t even try to utilize the knuckle or dime sub packages the Chargers got some lucky calls and breaks but Butler reverted to the same mentality that cost him previous games both last year, I. The playoffs, and earlier this year.

I wish that would've utilized the knuckle and issued a smackdown last night! (Sorry SF I had to do it).

Back to top Go down
nine vegetable



Posts : 140
Likes : 21
Join date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:19 pm

Did you guys see this? Check out the article and let me know what you think.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6237609-video-steelers-blocked-field-goal-at-end-of-game-should-ve-counted-thanks-to-chargers-illegal-snap/partners/42767?fbclid=IwAR1wsCfoz-8c9WsdbFPcTjQ2wFT48sHJMJLnLCXsQxsqMazt_HGQ3YjK3vs
Back to top Go down
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3482
Likes : 593
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:12 pm

@nine vegetable wrote:
Did you guys see this?  Check out the article and let me know what you think.

https://www.12up.com/posts/6237609-video-steelers-blocked-field-goal-at-end-of-game-should-ve-counted-thanks-to-chargers-illegal-snap/partners/42767?fbclid=IwAR1wsCfoz-8c9WsdbFPcTjQ2wFT48sHJMJLnLCXsQxsqMazt_HGQ3YjK3vs

This is what I've been saying. It's easy to say "we just didn't get the calls". It doesn't matter to me how bad any team plays any game. I'm saying these are not "missed calls". I believe they are intentionally looking the other way not just in our games. I've watched a lot more games besides ours and it's happening all the time. If you watch you can pick the favorites like the Patriots*.Rarely do you see a call go against them unfairly.
In the Bengals/Broncos game the play clock expired on a big gain 3 seconds (I counted) before Denver snapped the ball and no flag.
Call me paranoid but I'm convinced they're scripting games.

Again my question. How can teams who totally dominate in the first disappear in the second half. Quit tackling, quit covering and just shit all over themselves.



The Patriots* were caught red handed on several occasions and it just went away.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
avatar

Posts : 741
Likes : 547
Join date : 2015-04-07
Location : Gulf Coast

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:17 pm

At this point, I just have to thank the Steelers...  Thank them for saving me money 2 days before Christmas.  I've now decided not to buy tickets to the Saints game and drive an hour and a half there and pay for parking, food, drinks, etc.  I'm going to stay home and watch the dumpster fire and drink on my couch.  

@stlrtruck wrote:
Sorry, but you can't blame the refs when you have a 16 point half time lead.

You can't blame them completely, but they sure did contribute to our L last night.  Missed call on a blatant false start that ended in a TD.  Missed block in the back on a punt return for TD, when they had already called us for a block in the back on a few of our returns.  Possible false start on the blocked FG.  

But sure, I agree that we didn't make the plays either.  Not adjusting to get our LBs off of Allen.  Not tackling worth a damn on that punt return.  Davis smoking Haden and turning an INT into a TD for SD.  Ben making bad decisions and poor throws in some cases.  

I haven't checked the run vs pass ratio of our offense, but it certainly seemed like we passed way more than ran again.  It's like we are using the pass to set up the run, but then forgetting to run.  I'm not sure what is going on there.  We ran the wheels off of Conner until Bell didn't report and then it seemed like they decided to save Conner for the playoffs after that.  It was like they enjoyed shoving Conner's success in Bell's face and then it was like, "Oh, he didn't show up.. guess we better leave some in Conner's tank now!"

_________________
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 730
Likes : 169
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:15 pm

I think they're at the point now where this wakes them up and they go on a 2005 like run to end the season, or they continue along and maybe at least beat the Raiders and Bengals and see if they sneak in. Likely the latter happens as I'm not sure they have the leadership to pick them up like the 05 team.

I'm not a Tomlin hater but I wish he would stand up after losses instead of saying players didn't execute or officiating was horrible. He is the leader and needs to take the bull by the horns. I read some quotes from Rivers who basically said that the Steelers left a LB on a WR all night and SD kept after that match up when no adjustments were made. That doesn't seem like the players fault to me.

This is all so disappointing. It really felt like things were headed the right direction after the Carolina win and they moved up to the 2nd seed. This season is really starting to feel like the 2009 season.

_________________
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable



Posts : 140
Likes : 21
Join date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:19 am

Honestly, I worry about the Raiders game. I think we will lose to them.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
avatar

Posts : 747
Likes : 287
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:12 pm

The team is a reflection of the coach. Same shit different year.

I'm about to the point thinking this team will never sniff another superbowl as long as Tomlin is there. To much talent to lose like they are year in and year out.

_________________


ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable



Posts : 140
Likes : 21
Join date : 2018-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:10 pm

Maybe not until Big Ben leaves. As elite a QB as he is, he also royally stinks it up at times.

In addition, and even more important...I don't think he's much of a leader. Calling out your teammates publicly, no matter how important you think you are, just isn't classy - and does absolutely nothing to help your team win.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3321
Likes : 1202
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:36 am

Yes this team should've played better in the second half but that officiating was inexcuseable. They literally gifted the Chargers something like 20 of their points. A missed false start that looked even more egregious than the one that was missed in the Chargers-Browns game and got the line judge from that game fired... A blatantly obvious block in the back on a punt return for TD which was even more hilarious because they called us for the same penalty earlier in the game and it was ticky tack at best. Then you have the center twisting the ball to draw the defense offsides on the FG attempts to end the game. Isn't there an official whose job is to look at the snaps? I mean when you're playing defensive line you're looking down the line watching the ball movement to try and get off the ball as fast as you can. I know that because I played LDE in high school. The ball shouldn't move at all prior to the snap, period. These officials talking about how different guys have different little things they do with the ball... No, that's absolute bullshit. The ball shouldn't move, period. That was an illegal snap, plain and simple and it should be uniformly enforced, not just when the refs feel like it.

I agree the Steelers should've played better, but when the refs help bring the Chargers back into a game they were down 16 points in, and subsequently help swing the momentum in their favor... That's just disgusting. The line judge from that game should be fired, how you miss that false start is beyond comprehension. Dude was two full steps back into his pass set before the ball was even snapped. I've seen false starts called for guys moving just their heads, but a grown 300lb RT stands straight up, takes two steps back into his pass set and they don't notice that? That's freaking inexcuseable. Fact of the matter is without the officiating mistakes, we win the football game. Doesn't matter how poorly we played in the second half, we shouldn't have to play against the officials as well as our opponent. Those officials were an absolute joke.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3482
Likes : 593
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:03 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Yes this team should've played better in the second half but that officiating was inexcuseable. They literally gifted the Chargers something like 20 of their points. A missed false start that looked even more egregious than the one that was missed in the Chargers-Browns game and got the line judge from that game fired... A blatantly obvious block in the back on a punt return for TD which was even more hilarious because they called us for the same penalty earlier in the game and it was ticky tack at best. Then you have the center twisting the ball to draw the defense offsides on the FG attempts to end the game. Isn't there an official whose job is to look at the snaps? I mean when you're playing defensive line you're looking down the line watching the ball movement to try and get off the ball as fast as you can. I know that because I played LDE in high school. The ball shouldn't move at all prior to the snap, period. These officials talking about how different guys have different little things they do with the ball... No, that's absolute bullshit. The ball shouldn't move, period. That was an illegal snap, plain and simple and it should be uniformly enforced, not just when the refs feel like it.

I agree the Steelers should've played better, but when the refs help bring the Chargers back into a game they were down 16 points in, and subsequently help swing the momentum in their favor... That's just disgusting. The line judge from that game should be fired, how you miss that false start is beyond comprehension. Dude was two full steps back into his pass set before the ball was even snapped. I've seen false starts called for guys moving just their heads, but a grown 300lb RT stands straight up, takes two steps back into his pass set and they don't notice that? That's freaking inexcuseable. Fact of the matter is without the officiating mistakes, we win the football game. Doesn't matter how poorly we played in the second half, we shouldn't have to play against the officials as well as our opponent. Those officials were an absolute joke.



I'm pretty sure I saw a holding non call on what turned out to be a TD play for them. I actually missed the last couple of plays. I was so disgusted I turned the game off and went and laid in bed and stewed for a couple hours before falling asleep.

We played lousy in Jacksonville and still won the game. The difference is we didn't get 3 TDs and a FG given to us by the officials. I rest my case.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3321
Likes : 1202
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:25 am

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Yes this team should've played better in the second half but that officiating was inexcuseable. They literally gifted the Chargers something like 20 of their points. A missed false start that looked even more egregious than the one that was missed in the Chargers-Browns game and got the line judge from that game fired... A blatantly obvious block in the back on a punt return for TD which was even more hilarious because they called us for the same penalty earlier in the game and it was ticky tack at best. Then you have the center twisting the ball to draw the defense offsides on the FG attempts to end the game. Isn't there an official whose job is to look at the snaps? I mean when you're playing defensive line you're looking down the line watching the ball movement to try and get off the ball as fast as you can. I know that because I played LDE in high school. The ball shouldn't move at all prior to the snap, period. These officials talking about how different guys have different little things they do with the ball... No, that's absolute bullshit. The ball shouldn't move, period. That was an illegal snap, plain and simple and it should be uniformly enforced, not just when the refs feel like it.

I agree the Steelers should've played better, but when the refs help bring the Chargers back into a game they were down 16 points in, and subsequently help swing the momentum in their favor... That's just disgusting. The line judge from that game should be fired, how you miss that false start is beyond comprehension. Dude was two full steps back into his pass set before the ball was even snapped. I've seen false starts called for guys moving just their heads, but a grown 300lb RT stands straight up, takes two steps back into his pass set and they don't notice that? That's freaking inexcuseable. Fact of the matter is without the officiating mistakes, we win the football game. Doesn't matter how poorly we played in the second half, we shouldn't have to play against the officials as well as our opponent. Those officials were an absolute joke.



I'm pretty sure I saw a holding non call on what turned out to be a TD play for them. I actually missed the last couple of plays. I was so disgusted I turned the game off and went and laid in bed and stewed for a couple hours before falling asleep.

We played lousy in Jacksonville and still won the game. The difference is we didn't get 3 TDs and a FG given to us by the officials. I rest my case.

I was absolutely furious at some of the calls/non-calls. Every ticky tack thing they could call on us gets called, but the Chargers just get a free pass on egregious or blatantly obvious penalties? The Chargers weren't even in the game without the officiating (or lack thereof). Given our offense should've been better in the second half, and our defense as well, but that officiating definitely helped suck the wind out of our sails I have no doubts about that.

If I were Tomlin I would've ripped those officials a new one. Put some pressure on the NFL to clean up their officiating because that was flat out inexcusable. He didn't want to pay the fine, so he tried to get around the officiating questions as tactfully as possible, but I think this was one of those situations where a flat out rant about how terrible it was would've been appropriate.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

avatar

Posts : 2206
Likes : 514
Join date : 2015-04-09
Location : Pittsburgh

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:04 am

Gene Steratore, Western PA native and former NFL official, was on the local morning show for his weekly interview. A few interesting points:


  • The non call of the block in the back during the punt return was the correct call. Something about separation, extension, and running through the player.
  • There were 5 missed called that were simply bad. I missed that part of the segment that detailed them.
  • The missed offsides that led to the TD was inexcusable. Gene usually defends his fellow officials, but not on this one.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

avatar

Posts : 3321
Likes : 1202
Join date : 2015-04-11
Location : The Great State of Iowa

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:19 am

@jak341 wrote:
Gene Steratore, Western PA native and former NFL official, was on the local morning show for his weekly interview. A few interesting points:


  • The non call of the block in the back during the punt return was the correct call. Something about separation, extension, and running through the player.
  • There were 5 missed called that were simply bad. I missed that part of the segment that detailed them.
  • The missed offsides that led to the TD was inexcusable. Gene usually defends his fellow officials, but not on this one.


He can play off that block in the back all he wants. The one they called on our guy earlier in the game was even lesser and they called it. The Chargers block was more egregious and they ignored it. They need to be uniform in their enforcement. If you're going to call it on one team, you need to call it on the other.

_________________
"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." - Jack Lambert
RIP to the late great B.B. King the Mayor of Bluesville
RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

avatar

Posts : 3482
Likes : 593
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:54 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Yes this team should've played better in the second half but that officiating was inexcuseable. They literally gifted the Chargers something like 20 of their points. A missed false start that looked even more egregious than the one that was missed in the Chargers-Browns game and got the line judge from that game fired... A blatantly obvious block in the back on a punt return for TD which was even more hilarious because they called us for the same penalty earlier in the game and it was ticky tack at best. Then you have the center twisting the ball to draw the defense offsides on the FG attempts to end the game. Isn't there an official whose job is to look at the snaps? I mean when you're playing defensive line you're looking down the line watching the ball movement to try and get off the ball as fast as you can. I know that because I played LDE in high school. The ball shouldn't move at all prior to the snap, period. These officials talking about how different guys have different little things they do with the ball... No, that's absolute bullshit. The ball shouldn't move, period. That was an illegal snap, plain and simple and it should be uniformly enforced, not just when the refs feel like it.

I agree the Steelers should've played better, but when the refs help bring the Chargers back into a game they were down 16 points in, and subsequently help swing the momentum in their favor... That's just disgusting. The line judge from that game should be fired, how you miss that false start is beyond comprehension. Dude was two full steps back into his pass set before the ball was even snapped. I've seen false starts called for guys moving just their heads, but a grown 300lb RT stands straight up, takes two steps back into his pass set and they don't notice that? That's freaking inexcuseable. Fact of the matter is without the officiating mistakes, we win the football game. Doesn't matter how poorly we played in the second half, we shouldn't have to play against the officials as well as our opponent. Those officials were an absolute joke.



I'm pretty sure I saw a holding non call on what turned out to be a TD play for them. I actually missed the last couple of plays. I was so disgusted I turned the game off and went and laid in bed and stewed for a couple hours before falling asleep.

We played lousy in Jacksonville and still won the game. The difference is we didn't get 3 TDs and a FG given to us by the officials. I rest my case.

I was absolutely furious at some of the calls/non-calls. Every ticky tack thing they could call on us gets called, but the Chargers just get a free pass on egregious or blatantly obvious penalties? The Chargers weren't even in the game without the officiating (or lack thereof). Given our offense should've been better in the second half, and our defense as well, but that officiating definitely helped suck the wind out of our sails I have no doubts about that.

If I were Tomlin I would've ripped those officials a new one. Put some pressure on the NFL to clean up their officiating because that was flat out inexcusable. He didn't want to pay the fine, so he tried to get around the officiating questions as tactfully as possible, but I think this was one of those situations where a flat out rant about how terrible it was would've been appropriate.

It would have been real hard to shut me up if I was Tomlin. It's one of 2 things. The NFL is either working their way into fixing games or they can't find officials who can find their asses with both hands. They won't admit to either one though. to admit to one or the other would be admitting they don't care about the fans. They only care about the money.
Is it just me or since people started calling for Goodell's head you hardly hear his name any more. You hear names like Riverton and a bunch of previously obscure people.
I noticed after Collinsworth called out the officials on the blown call they talked right through instant replay showing other missed calls. No mention. I bet they got a call telling them to keep mouths shut or else.

I would love to be a fly on the wall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Chargers @ Steelers Game Night Thread
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: