HomeFAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share | 

Playoffs?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SteelCity4Life

PostSubject: Playoffs?   Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:02 pm

Jim Mora talks about The Steelers loss to the Chargers on Sunday night football

Jim Mora is me every time the Steelers lose. Puts me in a shitty mood and I basically shit on the entire team and everyone involved. Lmao

Stuck in a SE Ohio Tech. school with a bunch of high schoolers.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:28 am

you funny in a HA HA way

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:13 am

Remaining Steelers Schedule:
Raiders: We better win this game. If we lay an egg here, there is no reason to even care about the rest of the season or this post. W
Patriots*: I believe we build off the previous win (we better) and have a revenge game on a Pats* team that isn't the same. W
Saints: Our secondary can't keep up...L
Bengals: Nail in their coffin. W

That puts us at 10-5-1.

Baltimore's remaining schedule:
Chiefs: They get crushed. L
Bucs: They win easily. W
Chargers: Tight one they lose. L
Browns: W

Putting them at 9-7.

Simply put, we control our fate. Take care of business and this team can at least see a round one game. Play like we have been the last 2 weeks, forget about it.

Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:31 pm

@Drizztbob wrote:
Raiders: We better win this game.  If we lay an egg here, there is no reason to even care about the rest of the season or this post.  W
Patriots**: I believe we build off the previous win (we better) and have a revenge game on a Pats** team that isn't the same.  W
Saints:  Our secondary can't keep up...L
Bengals:  Nail in their coffin.  W

That puts us at 10-5-1.

Chiefs: They get crushed.  L
Bucs:  They win easily.  W
Chargers:  Tight one they lose.  L
Browns:  W

Putting them at 9-7.  

Simply put, we control our fate.  Take care of business and this team can at least see a round one game.  Play like we have been the last 2 weeks, forget about it.

I think our chances against the Pats* was better with a healthy Conner. If we have Samuels/Ridley in there instead, I think that our chances dropped a lot. I'm not confident that we can slow down Gronk. He will likely be covered by a LB and we obviously didn't learn our lesson against the Chargers.

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:27 pm

@Drizztbob wrote:
Raiders: We better win this game.  If we lay an egg here, there is no reason to even care about the rest of the season or this post.  W
Patriots**: I believe we build off the previous win (we better) and have a revenge game on a Pats** team that isn't the same.  W

That puts us at 10-5-1.

Putting them at 9-7.  

Simply put, we control our fate.  Take care of business and this team can at least see a round one game.  Play like we have been the last 2 weeks, forget about it.

Don't write the Bucs off that easy. As of late, their defense has been coming together. They laid the thunder to the Panthers and Winston did enough. It's possible the Bucs pull one out in Baltimore.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:27 pm

@Lokki wrote:
@Drizztbob wrote:
Patriots***: I believe we build off the previous win (we better) and have a revenge game on a Pats*** team that isn't the same.  W

That puts us at 10-5-1.

Putting them at 9-7.  

I think our chances against the Pats** was better with a healthy Conner.  If we have Samuels/Ridley in there instead, I think that our chances dropped a lot.  I'm not confident that we can slow down Gronk.  He will likely be covered by a LB and we obviously didn't learn our lesson against the Chargers.  

I watched their last game and I think Gronk had 2 catches for about 15 yds. He looked old limping around. I hope he's in as bad shape as he looked there. I really don't like that dude. Pushes off every play and never gets called for it.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:47 pm

I think if we line up Hargrave on Gronk we should be fine...

Same as putting a LB on Kennan Allen so why wouldn’t Butler agree??

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:10 am

@solardave wrote:
I watched their last game and I think Gronk had 2 catches for about 15 yds. He looked old limping around. I hope he's in as bad shape as he looked there. I really don't like that dude. Pushes off every play and never gets called for it.

Sometimes I think I hate Gronk more than I hate Brady. He's just a colossal douchebag. Like a big roided out frat boy. Watching him have the success he's had against us time and time again is enough to make me want to puke.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Gronk is the husband and Brady is his wife. I hate that couple.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:23 am

@Drizztbob wrote:

That puts us at 10-5-1.

Putting them at 9-7.  

Don't count out the Ravens at the Chiefs. The Chiefs have a Thursday night game coming up against the Chargers, so they likely will be more prepared and focused for that game as it probably decides the outcome of the division.
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:43 am

So let's revisit the AFC North schedule again:
Steelers - Patriots******, @Saints, bungals (most likely 1-2, ending at 8-7-1, maybe a wildcard)
ratbirds - buccaneers, @Chargers, browns (most likely 2-1, ending 9-7, playoff game)

This team has shite the bed the last 4 weeks. We were lucky to beat the jaguars. Although we should've won the last 3 weeks, this team has an identity problem, as well as a coaching problem. Late in the game they are ill-prepared to do anything positive on defense, teams have driven down the field on them. Since the whoopin' they've put on the panthers, they haven't done anything worth mentioning. Offensively, they are loaded but somehow since the Bell issue ended, the offensive line hasn't created running lanes like they were before, Ben has been missing open WRs, and WRs have been dropping easy catches. Coaching! Stuck, stubborn, and unable to get out of their own way. The entire staff doesn't have the ability to make in-game changes and it shows.

60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

I'm a STEELERS fan, but more importantly, I'm a DIEHARD FAN OF JESUS CHRIST!
But try tasting a God given dream covered in trust -Baron Batch
Back to top Go down
solardave

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:52 am

Tomlin was asked about halftime adjustments.
He said " we go to the locker room and coaches talk about personnel/scheme changes while injured players get treated. After that coaches discuss with the players scheme/personnel changes. Then the players discuss what is working and what isn't".

My question: where is the evidence that anything is discussed?
I've never disputed that Tomlin is a highly intelligent, articulate man.

He has the ability to dazzle you with his brilliance but lately (last 2 or 3 years) all he seems to attempt is to baffle us with bullshit!

If the FO decides to go in a "different direction" here are IMO some candidates.
1) Mike McCarthy
2) Vick Fangio
3) Eric Bieniemy
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 pm

Tomlin admitted last week or the week before no adjustments were made.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   Tue Dec 11, 2018 6:34 am

@Mach1 wrote:
Tomlin admitted last week or the week before no adjustments were made.

That was after the Chargers game. I get that we dominated on both sides of the ball in the first half and if not for the non-call on the False Start that led to the Chargers TD in the first half we would've had a shut out at that point. However, Allen was already abusing the LB coverage at that point and Tomlin's arrogance decided that no adjustments needed to be made. That same arrogance led him to thinking that we were ok with Dobbs not moving the ball and only having a 4 point lead against the Raiders. "The Standard is the Standard." Well Tomlin and I have a difference of opinion on what the Standard actually is.

PostSubject: Re: Playoffs?   

Back to top Go down

Playoffs?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: