HomeSteelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 Home10FAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Mike Tomlin just said on his postgame presser that Ben could have come in a series or two earlier.
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 7:44 pm

FUCK THIS SHITSHOW OF A TEAM. The collective dumpster fire that is Boswell, Tomlin, the secondary, Butler, ALL need to get the fuck out of Pittsburgh.

Playoffs??!!

No sense in even playing out the year with this band of losers with the biggest loser of all at the helm. EVERY YEAR Tomlin does this. EVERY FUCKING YEAR. I'm sick of it.

WAKE UP ROONEY!!

effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 7:53 pm

@Lokki wrote:
No game balls, everyone sucks.  

I would give JUJU a game ball, take away his great catches it would of been uglier then it was.

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 7:57 pm

Boswell single handedly lost us this game. And for those who want to see Ben being replaced you got a glimpse how the Steelers look like without him. It ain't pretty.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 7:59 pm

And fuck Tomlin. He should have called time-outs once the Raiders where inside our 10 at the end of the game.
Back to top Go down
Lokki
Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:00 pm

@jak341 wrote:
Mike Tomlin just said on his postgame presser that Ben could have come in a series or two earlier.

That was my suspicion. He probably thought that our 4 point lead was safe to just ride it with Dobbs. The moment that Ben declared that he was good to go back in, he should've been back in. No excuse for this Tomlin.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:02 pm

Ravens are now the favorite to win the division. They probably go 2-1, while we go probably 1-2 and we only have a half game lead.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:03 pm

Tomlin needs to go. When coaching starts costing games something needs to be done.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
Drizztbob

Drizztbob

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:04 pm

@Mach1 wrote:
Tomlin needs to go. When coaching starts costing games something needs to be done.

It shouldn't even be in question. Final straw.

SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:09 pm

This team just isn’t that good. They won a lot of games last year that came down to the wire against some really awful teams the only difference this year they are losing those close games. The coaching has been inconsistent, the lack of adjusting, way to many misses on draft choices, Ben has been way too erattic throwing and is throwing way too many forced throws to non opened receivers.The defense is a mess they can’t stop a 5 wide set up for their lives. Special teams are terrible. You roll that all up and you have a mediocre to bad Steelers team.h
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:11 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
Boswell single handedly lost us this game. And for those who want to see Ben being replaced you got a glimpse how the Steelers look like without him. It ain't pretty.

I differ with you dobbs was making all the right reads but was just a little off target. still think Rudolph is studying these game films like mad and will be ready to take over the team by the start of next seaon.

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:14 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
And fuck Tomlin. He should have called time-outs once the Raiders where inside our 10 at the end of the game.

you sir are 10000000000% right.

just win enough to keep our jobs.

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:20 pm

Even if we somehow miraculously beat New England, we're going to get stomped on by the Saints in New Orleans. I have zero confidence we can win either of the next two games seeing how this team has played the past three weeks.

I seriously hate to make emotional cries to fire a coach, particularly after a loss because it just seems like you're being bitter... But this loss was absolutely inexcusable. How in the hell does Ben sit out almost the entire second half while Dobbs is out there putting up 3 and outs, and an INT? If Ben was cleared medically following the first half, he should've been on the field as soon as was possible. Period.

Tomlin thought he could beat the hapless Raiders with our backups. Tomlin has learned nothing over the years with his team constantly playing down and losing to mediocre, and horrible teams. The Raiders have nothing to lose, they know their season is over following the regular season. They are going to try to win. You have to put teams like that away. Great coaches, with great teams do that, and they do it consistently. Tomlin and his teams have been exactly the opposite. We hang with decent teams, and consistently struggle and lose to horrible ones. It's been going on long enough that I'm finally putting myself firmly on the side of firing Tomlin. I don't know who they could bring in but at this point I'm tired of watching Tomlin waste the talent we have. Tired of watching this team constantly play down to terrible competition. Tired of the poor decision making (horrible challenges), and poor clock management. Tired of Tomlin/Colbert drafting reach/project type players with first round draft picks and holding our team back defensively. The defense is terrible. They get sacks, but they're meaningless because they turn around and let teams get first downs immediately following the sack.

This team is a huge, huge disappointment, and while Tomlin has a great record as head coach I think it's time to move on at this point. When Ben retires, things are going to go downhill unless Rudolph proves to be a franchise QB in the waiting. The chances of that though, are slim.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Geordie

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:27 pm

So thats the end of things as they are. Ben will retire at the end of the season and we'll drift to Malone/Blister times.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 8:48 pm

@Geordie wrote:
So thats the end of things as they are.  Ben will retire at the end of the season and we'll drift to Malone/Blister times.

I have a mental block on those years. Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 1797695198

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 10:05 pm

Our Steelers are, unfortunately, what we thought they were. All those weaknesses we saw early on are coming to fruition.

Have you guys noticed the Browns creeping up (they are actually ahead of the Bengals in the standings now). It is not completely outside the realm of possibility that they could win the division.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 10:08 pm

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
Even if we somehow miraculously beat New England, we're going to get stomped on by the Saints in New Orleans. I have zero confidence we can win either of the next two games seeing how this team has played the past three weeks.

I seriously hate to make emotional cries to fire a coach, particularly after a loss because it just seems like you're being bitter... But this loss was absolutely inexcusable. How in the hell does Ben sit out almost the entire second half while Dobbs is out there putting up 3 and outs, and an INT? If Ben was cleared medically following the first half, he should've been on the field as soon as was possible. Period.

Tomlin thought he could beat the hapless Raiders with our backups. Tomlin has learned nothing over the years with his team constantly playing down and losing to mediocre, and horrible teams. The Raiders have nothing to lose, they know their season is over following the regular season. They are going to try to win. You have to put teams like that away. Great coaches, with great teams do that, and they do it consistently. Tomlin and his teams have been exactly the opposite. We hang with decent teams, and consistently struggle and lose to horrible ones. It's been going on long enough that I'm finally putting myself firmly on the side of firing Tomlin. I don't know who they could bring in but at this point I'm tired of watching Tomlin waste the talent we have. Tired of watching this team constantly play down to terrible competition. Tired of the poor decision making (horrible challenges), and poor clock management. Tired of Tomlin/Colbert drafting reach/project type players with first round draft picks and holding our team back defensively. The defense is terrible. They get sacks, but they're meaningless because they turn around and let teams get first downs immediately following the sack.

This team is a huge, huge disappointment, and while Tomlin has a great record as head coach I think it's time to move on at this point. When Ben retires, things are going to go downhill unless Rudolph proves to be a franchise QB in the waiting. The chances of that though, are slim.

You said it all. I'm right there with you.

There is a word that describes this team: rot. The culture, the style of play, the message, all of it. Everything has gone stale, old, and is rotting on the vine.

The D has been in perpetual decline for years now. The O, supposedly the strength of this team, looks like it labors to score and gets shut down far too easily. Whatever they are doing, it isn't working.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 12:08 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:

I would always defend Tomlin against the arguments we've heard against him the past 12 years but at some point you need to look at the things you addressed here. They managed to take a 2.5 game lead with 6 to go and turn it into a likely 2nd place finish and maybe a Wildcard.

I really do believe having the players he did on his team when he began made the earlier going more successful. Farrior, Troy, Harrison, Hines Ward on the field didn't need much coaching and were like mini generals right on the field. They made the players around them better and everyone knew what they were supposed to do.

The constant losses to inferior opponents, the losses last second (like SD last week) on games they were way ahead, letting a 2-10 team march down and take the lead last seconds this week, the continual losing in the playoffs. All those things are an annual occurrence. The regular season record is fine. But at some point the fact you've only won 3 playoff games with a HOF QB and high caliber offense since 2011 ,and one of those was handed to you by the refs/Cincy Bengals and another was at home against a backup QB, has to be held accountable.

I stop short of wanting firing without knowing who they could bring in. At bare minimum they need a new D coach and for Tomlin to get his fingers out of that pie because what they're doing isn't working. Maybe a new mind on D can help them mold what they have better and recognize college talent better. The way it's looking they'll be picking mid draft next year...

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 4:06 am

@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
You have got to be fucking kidding me. Boswell needs cut, Juju puts us in place to win and Boswell can't keep his God damn footing.

Fire that moron Tomlin as well. I have had enough of playing down and losing to fucking teams like Jokeland. Mr. Rooney has to be rolling in his grave after that shitshow. Year after year Tomlin's teams play down to horrible competition. We have no defense whatsoever. Raiders no names out there driving the field on us.

Beyond pissed right now.

They should be calling McCarthy TODAY.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 4:15 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
Ravens are now the favorite to win the division. They probably go 2-1, while we go probably 1-2 and we only have a half game lead.

We won't win another game. We will finish at 7-8-1.

I can tell you this. I will tune into the Patriots* game but if we start out like we did yesterday I'm changing the channel.
What's the word for being PISSED to the 10th degree?

Think about this... Mike McCarthy is from Pittsburgh. Some of said the last time we were hating on Tomlin that there was no one out there. The window is open Art!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 am

Honestly at this point I'm wondering if the players are tanking on purpose. I know our secondary is shit and Boswell turned into shit.
Think about how Ben came back and went through their D like a hot knife. Why can't he do that all game .....unless?

I don't know if I'm reaching there. Probably just poor preparation by all the coaches. So I say clean house. Lure McCarthy in and if Cleveland doesn't make Williams their HC hire him as DC. He has the Browns D working really well.

If we have to piss these last 3 games away to call for changes so be it.
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 5:38 am

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:

We won't win another game. We will finish at 7-8-1.

I can tell you this. I will tune into the Patriots** game but if we start out like we did yesterday I'm changing the channel.
What's the word for being PISSED to the 10th degree?

Think about this... Mike McCarthy is from Pittsburgh. Some of said the last time we were hating on Tomlin that there was no one out there. The window is open Art!

That certainly feels like a possibility at this point. For me it would give me a great deal of satisfaction if they could knock the cheats off this week but it seems like a 5 game losing streak is very possible with the Saints the next week. Going to 5 would be an epic collapse after moving to 7-2-1 and into the 2nd seed at the 10 game mark of the season.

Boswell worries me at this point. I always felt like kickers are a lot like closers in baseball...once things get inside their head and they lose their nerve, it's tough to get back on track. That being said, if Ben had been in there after he was cleared, and had the 3-4 series Dobbs did, they very well could have had at least 7 more points making Boswell's misses irrelevant on the smaller scale of this game.

I like Dobbs, not getting down on him, I was glad he made the team after the summer he had. But I think a game like this shows the value of a guy like Landry and experience over a younger more talented inexperienced guy.

Judging from fans reactions and the media at Pittsburgh newspapers it seems like this loss, and the last 3, might carry more weight for Tomlin and the coaches. We shall see

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 6:11 am

@solardave wrote:
@IowaSteeler927 wrote:
You have got to be fucking kidding me. Boswell needs cut, Juju puts us in place to win and Boswell can't keep his God damn footing.

Fire that moron Tomlin as well. I have had enough of playing down and losing to fucking teams like Jokeland. Mr. Rooney has to be rolling in his grave after that shitshow. Year after year Tomlin's teams play down to horrible competition. We have no defense whatsoever. Raiders no names out there driving the field on us.

Beyond pissed right now.

They should be calling McCarthy TODAY.

100% I would be on board with that hire.

the problem in Green Bay, imo, its not McCarthy it more on the front office not getting the talent for the coaches to coach.

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 6:49 am

Tim Benz airs his grievances.

https://triblive.com/sports/columnists/timbenz/breakfastwithbenz/14389538-74/tim-benz-an-airing-of-grievances-after-ugly-steelers-loss-in-oakland

Gene Collier also telling it like it is.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/gene-collier/2018/12/09/Steelers-Oakland-Raiders-coach-Mike-Tomlin-Gene-Collier-Ben-Roethlisberger-NFL/stories/201812100089
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 EmptyMon Dec 10, 2018 11:00 am

Couldn't agree more with Tim Benz.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread   Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers @ Raiders Gameday Thread
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: