HomeAntonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early Home10FAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early Empty
PostSubject: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 5:01 pm

Pittsburgh Steelers players were surprised Antonio Brown didn't play in Sunday's season finale, and Brown's absence was not addressed by head coach Mike Tomlin during his meeting with the team Monday, multiple sources told NFL Network's Aditi Kinkhabwala.

Brown was not present at the team meeting, sources told Kinkhabwala, and there was frustration in the locker room that the tumultuous week was not addressed by the head coach. Brown was absent from the team's walkthrough Saturday, and a member of the organization told Kinkhabwala that Brown left Heinz Field Sunday at halftime.

... multiple sources told Kinkhabwala that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and Brown had "a little bit of a disagreement" during last Wednesday's walkthrough. The drama intensified amid Brown being designated as questionable on Friday's injury report. On Sunday, he was ruled out against the Cincinnati Bengals.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006628/article/antonio-brown-skipped-walkthrough-leaves-game-early

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early 1620455514

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 5:29 pm

And the circus continues.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 5:36 pm

Wonder how high on the draft board we could get with a trade?
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 6:39 pm

Another drama queen that needs to go. Period. Tomlin not addressing it with the team is simply poor coaching/management.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 7:00 pm

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early Giphy

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 7:19 pm

What a disaster. I'm in full favor of cleaning house top to bottom.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 7:26 pm

jak - not me. not cleaning house but teams rarely win with 'me me me' players - and brown, as talented as he is, has proven himself to be that. We'll never win with him.

Lots of really good players - but the team has to be a TEAM.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 7:59 pm

See if Oakland will take him for a 1st round pick.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 8:13 pm

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
See if Oakland will take him for a 1st round pick.

the Jets need a WR. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early 3562723908

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 8:18 pm

Steelers need to send AB the same way of Bell, out the door. to tell the truth I think JUJU and Washington will do just fine with getting a up and coming WR in the draft because there will be plenty to choose from.

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 8:33 pm

I don't think that it is a coincidence that his little diva meltdown came on the heels of JuJu winning team MVP.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 8:39 pm

@Lokki wrote:
I don't think that it is a coincidence that his little diva meltdown came on the heels of JuJu winning team MVP.  

Chicken or the egg? Is his behavior a result of not being recognized by his teammates, or did his teammates not recognize him because of his behavior? Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early 3135543967

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
effyou515

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 8:58 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Lokki wrote:

Chicken or the egg? Is his behavior a result of not being recognized by his teammates, or did his teammates not recognize him because of his behavior? Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early 3135543967

ouch, now I got a headache

well AB drew the line in the sand, if it ain't about me then give me the highway. imo,

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 9:12 pm

Picture this: season on the line, and playoffs on the line. What if we'd have lost that game by 3 instead of winning it? And what if Cleveland would have won (which they should have)?

How selfish for someone to sit out and cost his team, all because he got his little feelings hurt?
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 10:43 pm

And the plot thickens ...

So we know about the AB situation because someone on the team leaked it. Several immediate thoughts ...

1. Vince seems to be more pissed off about the incident getting out than he is about the incident itself.

2. From players to coaches, where is the leadership on this team? There's a reason why the "rat" leaked this information ... because there's no discipline or accountability on this team, and someone on the team is fed up with it. If I had to bet, my money is on one of the O-linemen. Pouncey is a good guess, especially since Ben's involved.

3. To merge into the Tomlin thread for a second, I'm quickly getting off the fence. This team is a mess. And with everything we know about, there's even more that we don't know about. It might be time to tear it down and rebuild it.

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 10:46 pm

Good article on AB and his history....

Ron Cook: More antics from Antonio Brown, and it is getting tiresome

The Steelers haven’t won a Super Bowl with Antonio Brown, the best wide receiver in franchise history, better than Hall of Famers Lynn Swann and John Stallworth.
I’m thinking they won’t win one with Brown because they can’t count on him to be a professional and do the right thing.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette’s Gerry Dulac and Ed Bouchette reported Monday that Brown missed the game Sunday against Cincinnati because of petulance, not because of a knee injury. Brown elected not to practice during the week and didn’t dress for the game because coach Mike Tomlin wanted to go with the “healthiest, most prepared” players.

Just when you think Brown has grown up, he pulls this kind of stunt. He could have cost the Steelers the game and any chance of making the playoffs. That they still won should, in no way, excuse his abhorrent actions.

None of this is surprising, of course. The past season was filled with erratic behavior from Brown. He called one media member a racist and threatened another with violence. He also was accused of throwing furniture off a 14th-floor balcony of a Florida apartment complex, allegedly nearly hitting a toddler. He is being sued in that case.

Brown’s hurtful antics go back a long way.

It’s one thing to pout about the ball not coming to you enough and throw a sideline tantrum in Baltimore or loaf back to the line of scrimmage on a two-minute drill in Miami or even lose focus in the AFC championship at New England. It’s something much worse — something inexcusable — not to be all in and ready for work when your team’s season is on the line. This isn’t the first time this season that Brown has done this sort of thing. He failed to show up at the team facility on the Monday after having a sideline spat with offensive coordinator Randy Fichtner in a loss Sept. 16 to Kansas City.

Brown’s bosses and many of his teammates have gone out of their way to support him in the past. Art Rooney II went so far as to call Brown’s distractions “little annoyances, with the emphasis on little” when he made him the NFL’s highest-paid receiver in February 2017 with a four-year, $68 million contract extension. If that’s not enabling, I don’t know what it is.

Tomlin was back at it before and after a 16-13 win Sunday night against the Bengals when he tried to pass off Brown’s absence as the result of a knee injury. That can’t help Tomlin’s relationship with the other players who know the truth about Brown. I’ve always believed one of Tomlin’s strengths was being able to deal with the sizable egos in his locker room. Letting Brown get away with this is a really bad look for him. I’m not sure how Tomlin — let alone Brown — can face the players.

How can anyone defend Brown now?

This has created a serious dilemma for the organization. What do Rooney, Tomlin and Kevin Colbert do with Brown? Cut him? That won’t happen because of Brown’s otherworldly skills. We saw Sunday night how valuable he is to the passing game. JuJu Smith-Schuster wasn’t the same player facing extra coverage that usually goes to Brown. Trade Brown? There’s no way the Steelers would get back equal value. Keep him and hope he finally matures as a team player? That’s the best guess here, although it seems unlikely Brown ever will grow up. He is 30.

It’s one thing for me to call out Brown. Who am I? But it was much more significant when former teammate Ryan Clark called him out last season on ESPN Radio. He insinuated Brown is a fraud who cares more about his numbers than the team winning. “Antonio has done an extremely good job of tricking people,” Clark said. “He’s done a very good spin job of having us think, or making people think who don’t know him, that’s it all about the Pittsburgh Steelers, he’s just a hard worker who’s here to win football games. No, Antonio Brown loves Antonio Brown.”

All of this falls directly on Tomlin, who has enabled Brown every step of the way.

It started years ago when Tomlin tolerated Brown’s penalties for excessive celebrations. “It’s funny to me sometimes that people think I can stop a grown man from doing something like that,” Tomlin said in 2015. “What do you want me to do? Not play him?”

It continued over the years when Brown would show up his coaches and quarterback on the field. Tomlin didn’t seem to care if Brown’s selfish behavior was a distraction to the team. The only time he publicly reprimanded Brown was after Brown’s infamous Facebook Live post from the locker room after the win in Kansas City in the 2016 playoffs. He wasn’t mad because he feared Brown hurt the team by violating the sanctity of the locker room. He was mad because Brown made him look bad.

“Everything he gets, he’s earned,” Tomlin said of Brown in 2015. “His commitment to this thing is unique. When people have unique commitments, they get unique considerations. That’s the reality of life.”

So is this:

Tomlin has created a monster with Brown. Now, he must live with him and deal with the consequences.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/ron-cook/2018/12/31/Ron-Cook-hurtful-antics-Steelers-receiver-Antonio-Brown-Mike-Tomlin-Art-Rooney-II-Chiefs/stories/201901010648

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 10:49 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
And the plot thickens ...

So we know about the AB situation because someone on the team leaked it. Several immediate thoughts ...

1. Vince seems to be more pissed off about the incident getting out than he is about the incident itself.

2. From players to coaches, where is the leadership on this team? There's a reason why the "rat" leaked this information ... because there's no discipline or accountability on this team, and someone on the team is fed up with it. If I had to bet, my money is on one of the O-linemen. Pouncey is a good guess, especially since Ben's involved.

3. To merge into the Tomlin thread for a second, I'm quickly getting off the fence. This team is a mess. And with everything we know about, there's even more that we don't know about. It might be time to tear it down and rebuild it.

My spot on the fence is changing too. My first thoughts after hearing this story is someone needs to gain control of this team.

Jerkimus Maximus
Lokki

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 10:56 pm

Lord, just when we thought that the off-season would bring some peace from the weekly drama surrounding this team, this seems like it is going to blow up even more.
Back to top Go down
nine vegetable

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyMon Dec 31, 2018 11:10 pm

Good for Tomlin for sitting him.

PS. Trade him as fast as possible - Oakland would be perfect. If they gave us a 3 for Martavis, Brown should net us a 1st.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 12:10 am

Bryant ... gone.
Bell ... done.
Boswell ... broken.
Brown ... broken? Done? Gone?

I'm old enough to remember when the Killer Bs were going to lead us to another Super Bowl.

Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 12:25 am

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 1:50 am

If they are going to move him I hope it is thru trade and not another Harrison deal. I don't think they'd just release him, there is too much value there either in keeping him or trading. I'm not sure what free agents rules are this time of year, but it would be nightmarish to see him set free and pull a Blount/Harrison

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 2:05 am

They can trade him to the Jets. That way he can follow Bell there and they can both discover together how special they aren't.

Plus the Jets are stupid and will probably give up stupid picks for him.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 4:30 am

@nine vegetable wrote:
jak - not me.  not cleaning house but teams rarely win with 'me me me' players - and brown, as talented as he is, has proven himself to be that.  We'll never win with him.

Lots of really good players - but the team has to be a TEAM.

I was talking to my Grandson last night and I told him the same thing. Almost word for word as a matter of fact and maybe Oakland will give us a #1 for him. We proved on Sunday that we can win without him. Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early 1549491426
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early EmptyTue Jan 01, 2019 9:15 am

AB is making now making googly eyes at other teams. Link via Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/steelers/comments/abfxm3/ab_see_that_fire_over_there_here_is_some_gasoline/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early   Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early Empty

Back to top Go down

Antonio Brown skipped walkthrough, left game early
Page 1 of 20Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: