Homedo you realize tomlin would have swept Home10FAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share
 

 do you realize tomlin would have swept

Go down 
AuthorMessage
muncher



Posts : 157
Likes : 10
Join date : 2014-07-07

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 4:46 pm

this under the rug also if it wasnt for some players spilling the beans about what really happened?

this is a leader?
a HC?
someone that the players look up top and respect?

i love that AB is doing what he is doing. some people are really going to get exposed and that should eventually be good for the team and fans
Back to top Go down
stlrtruck

stlrtruck

Posts : 11504
Likes : 794
Join date : 2011-04-04
Location : Dunedin, FL

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 8:25 am

@muncher wrote:
this under the rug also if it wasnt for some players spilling the beans about what really happened?

this is a leader?
a HC?
someone that the players look up top and respect?

i love that AB is doing what he is doing. some people are really going to get exposed and that should eventually be good for the team and fans

This isn't the first time the locker room has spilled the beans on what's going on behind the scenes.

However, it doesn't speak well about the team as a whole when players are speaking outside the locker room. It wasn't too long ago players took care of this shite in house. And that was much better for the team. All you use to get from the media was, "A team leader called a players only meeting" and shite got fixed.

It was only a matter of time before the "Steelers Way" became obsolete in the NFL. Now with everything out in the open, and reports filling in the gaps, Tomlin will either set a new "standard" or he will right the ship and the "Steelers Way" will find it's way back to Heinz Field and Southside Training Facility.

_________________
do you realize tomlin would have swept Scaled.php?server=695&filename=trucky
60 MIN
53 MEN
1 NATION
STEELERS NATION do you realize tomlin would have swept 3056903510

I am the MAN that created the MYTH that started the LEGEND

Don't choose good when greatness is available!
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 776
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 1:04 pm

If players felt the need to let the media know it’s because they were frustrated that shit wasn’t being handled in house correctly. Add social media into it and boom there you go.

Bradshaw was right Tomlin is a great cheerleader but not a great coach. A lot of Steeler fans didn’t like what Terry had to say but he hit the nail on the head and the proof is in the pudding.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1020
Likes : 189
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 3:11 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@muncher wrote:
this under the rug also if it wasnt for some players spilling the beans about what really happened?

this is a leader?
a HC?
someone that the players look up top and respect?

i love that AB is doing what he is doing. some people are really going to get exposed and that should eventually be good for the team and fans

This isn't the first time the locker room has spilled the beans on what's going on behind the scenes.

However, it doesn't speak well about the team as a whole when players are speaking outside the locker room.  It wasn't too long ago players took care of this shite in house.  And that was much better for the team. All you use to get from the media was, "A team leader called a players only meeting" and shite got fixed.

It was only a matter of time before the "Steelers Way" became obsolete in the NFL.  Now with everything out in the open, and reports filling in the gaps, Tomlin will either set a new "standard" or he will right the ship and the "Steelers Way" will find it's way back to Heinz Field and Southside Training Facility.

I blame Ben a lot for this with his stupid radio shitshow. If your leader is constantly throwing everything into the open air, you can expect other players to follow his example. He's the franchise QB and a veteran so he needs to know better. People can blame Tomlin for a lot of this, but this shit is on Ben.
Back to top Go down
muncher



Posts : 157
Likes : 10
Join date : 2014-07-07

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 4:44 pm

@Stella Nation wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@muncher wrote:
this under the rug also if it wasnt for some players spilling the beans about what really happened?

this is a leader?
a HC?
someone that the players look up top and respect?

i love that AB is doing what he is doing. some people are really going to get exposed and that should eventually be good for the team and fans

This isn't the first time the locker room has spilled the beans on what's going on behind the scenes.

However, it doesn't speak well about the team as a whole when players are speaking outside the locker room.  It wasn't too long ago players took care of this shite in house.  And that was much better for the team. All you use to get from the media was, "A team leader called a players only meeting" and shite got fixed.

It was only a matter of time before the "Steelers Way" became obsolete in the NFL.  Now with everything out in the open, and reports filling in the gaps, Tomlin will either set a new "standard" or he will right the ship and the "Steelers Way" will find it's way back to Heinz Field and Southside Training Facility.

I blame Ben a lot for this with his stupid radio shitshow. If your leader is constantly throwing everything into the open air, you can expect other players to follow his example. He's the franchise QB and a veteran so he needs to know better. People can blame Tomlin for a lot of this, but this shit is on Ben.


on ben? this incident?

Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 876
Likes : 179
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyThu Jan 03, 2019 8:02 pm

@stlrtruck wrote:
@muncher wrote:
this under the rug also if it wasnt for some players spilling the beans about what really happened?

this is a leader?
a HC?
someone that the players look up top and respect?

i love that AB is doing what he is doing. some people are really going to get exposed and that should eventually be good for the team and fans

This isn't the first time the locker room has spilled the beans on what's going on behind the scenes.

However, it doesn't speak well about the team as a whole when players are speaking outside the locker room.  It wasn't too long ago players took care of this shite in house.  And that was much better for the team. All you use to get from the media was, "A team leader called a players only meeting" and shite got fixed.


It was only a matter of time before the "Steelers Way" became obsolete in the NFL.  Now with everything out in the open, and reports filling in the gaps, Tomlin will either set a new "standard" or he will right the ship and the "Steelers Way" will find it's way back to Heinz Field and Southside Training Facility.

I agree with this 100%. In my mind there are 2 issues here; AB walking out on the team, and the player or players that aired the dirty laundry. We don't know if Tomlin would have elaborated on what AB did had it not already leaked. My guess is not because he doesn't tend to want to give any more information than necessary. Either way I'd assume they have rules in place to keep internal things internal.

_________________
do you realize tomlin would have swept $_35
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1020
Likes : 189
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 6:45 am

@muncher wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@muncher wrote:
this under the rug also if it wasnt for some players spilling the beans about what really happened?

this is a leader?
a HC?
someone that the players look up top and respect?

i love that AB is doing what he is doing. some people are really going to get exposed and that should eventually be good for the team and fans

This isn't the first time the locker room has spilled the beans on what's going on behind the scenes.

However, it doesn't speak well about the team as a whole when players are speaking outside the locker room.  It wasn't too long ago players took care of this shite in house.  And that was much better for the team. All you use to get from the media was, "A team leader called a players only meeting" and shite got fixed.

It was only a matter of time before the "Steelers Way" became obsolete in the NFL.  Now with everything out in the open, and reports filling in the gaps, Tomlin will either set a new "standard" or he will right the ship and the "Steelers Way" will find it's way back to Heinz Field and Southside Training Facility.

I blame Ben a lot for this with his stupid radio shitshow. If your leader is constantly throwing everything into the open air, you can expect other players to follow his example. He's the franchise QB and a veteran so he needs to know better. People can blame Tomlin for a lot of this, but this shit is on Ben.


on ben? this incident?


Remember Ben throwing AB under the bus on his radio show a month ago? This is what you get.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4116
Likes : 651
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:06 am

@SteelerFreak58 wrote:
If players felt the need to let the media know it’s because they were frustrated that shit wasn’t being handled in house correctly. Add social media into it and boom there you go.

Bradshaw was right Tomlin is a great cheerleader but not a great coach. A lot of Steeler fans didn’t like what Terry had to say but he hit the nail on the head and the proof is in the pudding.

In this case I believe he was right. However we're talking about a guy who hated the best coach we ever had so much he dissociated himself with our entire fan base for years. It's hard not to look at him as a nut case. do you realize tomlin would have swept 1797695198 Plus: "he couldn't spell CAT if you spotted him the C and the A". do you realize tomlin would have swept 3798349058
Back to top Go down
muncher



Posts : 157
Likes : 10
Join date : 2014-07-07

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 9:42 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@muncher wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@muncher wrote:
this under the rug also if it wasnt for some players spilling the beans about what really happened?

this is a leader?
a HC?
someone that the players look up top and respect?

i love that AB is doing what he is doing. some people are really going to get exposed and that should eventually be good for the team and fans

This isn't the first time the locker room has spilled the beans on what's going on behind the scenes.

However, it doesn't speak well about the team as a whole when players are speaking outside the locker room.  It wasn't too long ago players took care of this shite in house.  And that was much better for the team. All you use to get from the media was, "A team leader called a players only meeting" and shite got fixed.

It was only a matter of time before the "Steelers Way" became obsolete in the NFL.  Now with everything out in the open, and reports filling in the gaps, Tomlin will either set a new "standard" or he will right the ship and the "Steelers Way" will find it's way back to Heinz Field and Southside Training Facility.

I blame Ben a lot for this with his stupid radio shitshow. If your leader is constantly throwing everything into the open air, you can expect other players to follow his example. He's the franchise QB and a veteran so he needs to know better. People can blame Tomlin for a lot of this, but this shit is on Ben.


on ben? this incident?


Remember Ben throwing AB under the bus on his radio show a month ago? This is what you get.

even if you want to blame ben for airing some dirty laundry, why didnt tomlin step up and tell ben to knock it off? why didnt he fine him? bench him?
this is what you get when you have no one to lead the team.
'if youve been paying attention, this has been going on for years. players have bee calling for discipline and accountability.
do you really think they need to go to the media if their only concern is with other players NO way. this is a direct shot at tomlin and a way to bring light to it.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1020
Likes : 189
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 10:48 am

@muncher wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@muncher wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@muncher wrote:
this under the rug also if it wasnt for some players spilling the beans about what really happened?

this is a leader?
a HC?
someone that the players look up top and respect?

i love that AB is doing what he is doing. some people are really going to get exposed and that should eventually be good for the team and fans

This isn't the first time the locker room has spilled the beans on what's going on behind the scenes.

However, it doesn't speak well about the team as a whole when players are speaking outside the locker room.  It wasn't too long ago players took care of this shite in house.  And that was much better for the team. All you use to get from the media was, "A team leader called a players only meeting" and shite got fixed.

It was only a matter of time before the "Steelers Way" became obsolete in the NFL.  Now with everything out in the open, and reports filling in the gaps, Tomlin will either set a new "standard" or he will right the ship and the "Steelers Way" will find it's way back to Heinz Field and Southside Training Facility.

I blame Ben a lot for this with his stupid radio shitshow. If your leader is constantly throwing everything into the open air, you can expect other players to follow his example. He's the franchise QB and a veteran so he needs to know better. People can blame Tomlin for a lot of this, but this shit is on Ben.


on ben? this incident?


Remember Ben throwing AB under the bus on his radio show a month ago? This is what you get.

even if you want to blame ben for airing some dirty laundry, why didnt tomlin step up and tell ben to knock it off? why didnt he fine him? bench him?
this is what you get when you have no one to lead the team.
'if youve been paying attention, this has been going on for years. players have bee calling for discipline and accountability.
do you really think they need to go to the media if their only concern is with other players NO way. this is a direct shot at tomlin and a way to bring light to it.

Tomlin is indeed to blame that it has come this far. But it's Ben's fault and responsability that he doesn't help him or the team by constantly venting his thoughts in public. Tell me, what other veteran franchise QB does this? Do you think that Belichick and Payton for exemple need to control Brady and Brees? They don't. All those QB's (Brady, Brees, Eli, Rivers, Wilson and you can go on and on) are smart enough to keep things inside. And none of them don't need their coach to tell them that. They just know. Ben is the only one dumb enough to pull this shit off. I find it amusing that all Tomlin haters only blame him and never point a finger to Ben.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4116
Likes : 651
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 11:12 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@stlrtruck wrote:
@muncher wrote:
this under the rug also if it wasnt for some players spilling the beans about what really happened?

this is a leader?
a HC?
someone that the players look up top and respect?

i love that AB is doing what he is doing. some people are really going to get exposed and that should eventually be good for the team and fans

This isn't the first time the locker room has spilled the beans on what's going on behind the scenes.

However, it doesn't speak well about the team as a whole when players are speaking outside the locker room.  It wasn't too long ago players took care of this shite in house.  And that was much better for the team. All you use to get from the media was, "A team leader called a players only meeting" and shite got fixed.

It was only a matter of time before the "Steelers Way" became obsolete in the NFL.  Now with everything out in the open, and reports filling in the gaps, Tomlin will either set a new "standard" or he will right the ship and the "Steelers Way" will find it's way back to Heinz Field and Southside Training Facility.

I blame Ben a lot for this with his stupid radio shitshow. If your leader is constantly throwing everything into the open air, you can expect other players to follow his example. He's the franchise QB and a veteran so he needs to know better. People can blame Tomlin for a lot of this, but this shit is on Ben.

Although Ben didn't cause this incident with AB there have been more than a few times I wished Ben would only talk about the team aspect and what needs to be done to win games. Examples being "we need to play better" I need to play better" " I won't comment on anything going on in the locker room". That stuff. Again most of this falls on Tomlin I think for not telling these guys to STFU or sit the bench. I really don't care who it is. My mindset would be to every player on the team. "IF YOUR CONDUCT IS NOT HELPING US WIN WE WILL GIVE IT A GO WITHOUT YOU! Period.

What I think these guys need is a players only meeting and make it mandatory. "If you're not there when they hold it don't expect to be here when the season begins". THIS IS YOUR JOB!!! THE PITTSBURGH STEELER'S ORGANIZATION IS YOUR EMPLOYER!!! LAY DOWN THE RULES GOING FORWARD. KEEP THEM IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE CBA AND EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO GET PAID WILL FOLLOW THE DAMN RULES!

This tail wagging the dog bullshit has to end.
Back to top Go down
muncher



Posts : 157
Likes : 10
Join date : 2014-07-07

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 1:16 pm

all you have to do is pay attention. all or most qbs have gotten with players one way or the other.................you see them all the time on the sidelines bitching at each other.
its been going on forever
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1020
Likes : 189
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 1:58 pm

@muncher wrote:
all you have to do is pay attention. all or most qbs have gotten with players one way or the other.................you see them all the time on the sidelines bitching at each other.
its been going on forever

Seriously? There's a big difference between a sideline temper and a weekly radio show where the QB is stirring the pot regularly and calling out teammates and coaches. If you don't understand that, I'm sorry.

Here's a small sample of what analysts think:

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2018-11-28-ben-roethlisberger-has-never-been-comfortable-leading-the-steelers/

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/ben-roethlisbergers-radio-appearances-create-headlines-pittsburgh

https://theathletic.com/608515/2018/11/26/ben-roethlisbergers-radio-cult-following/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31YflzrqIyI

And while analysts also like to stir the pot, they all can't be wrong.

I'm not a Tomlin fan and I think he needs to go. If not immediately, then at least in 2 years when his contract expires. But that being said, the leader of the team, the franchise QB, should make things easier for him and not harder by leading the team the right way. Not by showing his teammates how to create distractions off the field.
Back to top Go down
Mach1
Quest For Seven
Mach1

Posts : 786
Likes : 293
Join date : 2011-04-20
Location : Potatoho

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptyFri Jan 04, 2019 2:24 pm

Tomlin could rein it in and make it known locker room stuff stays in the locker room. But no he doesn't do that. It's part of what is wrong and it's not going to change any time soon as long as he is the coach.

_________________
do you realize tomlin would have swept Image

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4116
Likes : 651
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 10:52 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
@muncher wrote:
all you have to do is pay attention. all or most qbs have gotten with players one way or the other.................you see them all the time on the sidelines bitching at each other.
its been going on forever

Seriously? There's a big difference between a sideline temper and a weekly radio show where the QB is stirring the pot regularly and calling out teammates and coaches. If you don't understand that, I'm sorry.

Here's a small sample of what analysts think:

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2018-11-28-ben-roethlisberger-has-never-been-comfortable-leading-the-steelers/

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/ben-roethlisbergers-radio-appearances-create-headlines-pittsburgh

https://theathletic.com/608515/2018/11/26/ben-roethlisbergers-radio-cult-following/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31YflzrqIyI

And while analysts also like to stir the pot, they all can't be wrong.

I'm not a Tomlin fan and I think he needs to go. If not immediately, then at least in 2 years when his contract expires. But that being said, the leader of the team, the franchise QB, should make things easier for him and not harder by leading the team the right way. Not by showing his teammates how to create distractions off the field.

After watching/reading all of these it is clear to me that Ben is a piss poor leader. You don't bad mouth your peers in public. I can see how guys don't like him. If it weren't for all of the other drama coming from AB I'd probably side with him here. Bell left and AB/Ben keep up the bullshit. I said what I'd do. I would threaten both of them with fines,suspension or whatever works to get it stopped. A lot of us say this falls on Tomlin and I still think it does but what if there is a line he is not allowed to cross with these guys. I know what I'd do if it were me. I'd tell Art either I do it my way or you can shove this job up your ass. I'll get another one paying me more. I'm beginning to think either Tomlin can't "go there" with these guys or he is incapable of making that type of move. Bottom line is this is a TEAM and if you can't play nice find another playground. If this keeps up we're not going to be worth a shit anyway so I'd role the dice. I'd let Ben know there will be a QB competition next year based on not only ability to win but ability to lead and get along. In that context I believe Dobbs or Rudolph both have a shot at taking his job away while sending the strongest message possible to the rest of the team that "the buck stops here".
Back to top Go down
muncher



Posts : 157
Likes : 10
Join date : 2014-07-07

do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept EmptySat Jan 05, 2019 2:44 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
@muncher wrote:
all you have to do is pay attention. all or most qbs have gotten with players one way or the other.................you see them all the time on the sidelines bitching at each other.
its been going on forever

Seriously? There's a big difference between a sideline temper and a weekly radio show where the QB is stirring the pot regularly and calling out teammates and coaches. If you don't understand that, I'm sorry.

Here's a small sample of what analysts think:

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2018-11-28-ben-roethlisberger-has-never-been-comfortable-leading-the-steelers/

https://www.nbcsports.com/video/ben-roethlisbergers-radio-appearances-create-headlines-pittsburgh

https://theathletic.com/608515/2018/11/26/ben-roethlisbergers-radio-cult-following/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31YflzrqIyI

And while analysts also like to stir the pot, they all can't be wrong.

I'm not a Tomlin fan and I think he needs to go. If not immediately, then at least in 2 years when his contract expires. But that being said, the leader of the team, the franchise QB, should make things easier for him and not harder by leading the team the right way. Not by showing his teammates how to create distractions off the field.

After watching/reading all of these it is clear to me that Ben is a piss poor leader. You don't bad mouth your peers in public. I can see how guys don't like him. If it weren't for all of the other drama coming from AB I'd probably side with him here. Bell left and AB/Ben keep up the bullshit. I said what I'd do. I would threaten both of them with fines,suspension or whatever works to get it stopped. A lot of us say this falls on Tomlin and I still think it does but what if there is a line he is not allowed to cross with these guys. I know what I'd do if it were me. I'd tell Art either I do it my way or you can shove this job up your ass. I'll get another one paying me more. I'm beginning to think either Tomlin can't "go there" with these guys or he is incapable of making that type of move. Bottom line is this is a TEAM and if you can't play nice find another playground. If this keeps up we're not going to be worth a shit anyway so I'd role the dice. I'd let Ben know there will be a QB competition next year based on not only ability to win but ability to lead and get along. In that context I believe Dobbs or Rudolph both have a shot at taking his job away while sending the strongest message possible to the rest of the team that "the buck stops here".


that will never happen. and that isnt tomlins fault. you are who you are. tomlin is a friendly players coach. hes buddies with these guys. he isntr goling to change. no different than anyone else. i never had a boss that was an ass and all of a sudden became cool, and vice versa. that would be a disaster. hard enough doing a job(any job) but trying to do it while being fake wont help matters.
that like trying to tell burfict not to be a POS anymore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty
PostSubject: Re: do you realize tomlin would have swept   do you realize tomlin would have swept Empty

Back to top Go down
 
do you realize tomlin would have swept
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: