Homeso who gets cut Home10FAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Share
 

 so who gets cut

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 936
Likes : 377
Join date : 2011-04-08

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 10:04 pm

will tomlin blow up the roster this year ? trim the fat and add some new blood to gain more cap space ?
lets here your predictions on who might get the axe.
here is a few candidates.

Quote :
• The Steelers could rescind the fifth-year option worth $9.232 million on outside linebacker Bud Dupree.

• The Steelers could cut right tackle Marcus Gilbert, who has played in only 12 of the past 32 regular-season games, and have a $4.9 million cap savings.

• Cutting backup strong safety Morgan Burnett would bring a $3.6 million cap savings. Their other 2018 free-agent signing, linebacker Jon Bostic, would save $1.8 million off the cap if he is cut.

• The Steelers could sever ties with other players due to receive roster bonuses in March. Candidates include inside linebacker Vince Williams ($2.9 million), kicker Chris Boswell ($2 million) and cornerback Artie Burns ($800,000.)
https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/13140415-74/steelers-have-options-if-they-want-to-take-salary-cap-hit-on-antonio

i think Dupree , burns, foster, burnette, heyward bey, ridley,justin hunter ,daniel mCcullers. bostic and gilbert are all high probabilities to be cut.

gilbert can't stay healthy and foster is getting pretty old. i think their back ups did fine when they were in. i surely hope they aren't considering paying Dupree . burns is burnt, burnette wants to leave, ridley can easily be replaced , justin hunter contributes next to nothing, and McCullers still sucks after 5 years.teams had no problem running against the combo of bostic and williams... so who gets cut 1401235891
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 17876
Likes : 1528
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptyThu Feb 14, 2019 11:30 pm

It's hard to argue with your predictions, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Dupree stick around.

_________________
so who gets cut Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
JPPT1974

JPPT1974

Posts : 190
Likes : 32
Join date : 2015-04-12

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 12:02 am

Bell and Brown for sure. May need to draft a RB and W.R. for the team.

_________________
Happy Blessed September!!
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4104
Likes : 651
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 5:48 am

@Wallace108 wrote:
It's hard to argue with your predictions, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Dupree stick around.

I agree. I think Dupree is going to be our modern Jarvis Jones. He's really not much better. The rest on Master's list could very well be gone.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 936
Likes : 377
Join date : 2011-04-08

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptyFri Feb 15, 2019 10:18 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
It's hard to argue with your predictions, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Dupree stick around.

so who gets cut 903924208 bite your tongue.
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 17876
Likes : 1528
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 2:41 pm

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
It's hard to argue with your predictions, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Dupree stick around.

so who gets cut 903924208 bite your tongue.

I didn't want to be right. No



_________________
so who gets cut Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

Posts : 772
Likes : 136
Join date : 2015-09-13
Location : Modesto CA

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptyWed Feb 20, 2019 7:56 pm

Sigh... Dupree is a back up at best.
Back to top Go down
Stella Nation

Stella Nation

Posts : 1019
Likes : 188
Join date : 2015-05-13
Location : Stella City

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 3:11 am

I expect Dupree (new contract), Bostic (we're already thin at LB as Fort will probably be gone), Heyward Bey (somehow he always makes the team) and Foster (team friendly contract) will stay. Burnett, Hunter and Gilbert are gone. Burns, Ridley and McCullers will get their chance in preseason against possible FA's and rookies and might not make the final cut.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

Posts : 4104
Likes : 651
Join date : 2011-09-30
Location : State of Confusion

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 11:39 am

@Stella Nation wrote:
I expect Dupree (new contract), Bostic (we're already thin at LB as Fort will probably be gone), Heyward Bey (somehow he always makes the team) and Foster (team friendly contract) will stay. Burnett, Hunter and Gilbert are gone. Burns, Ridley and McCullers will get their chance in preseason against possible FA's and rookies and might not make the final cut.

I kinda think Burnett will be gone before camp. Shop him around see if we can get an 8th round pick for him. so who gets cut 3798349058
Back to top Go down
LambertWardSteel



Posts : 876
Likes : 179
Join date : 2015-05-14
Location : Myerstown PA

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptyThu Feb 21, 2019 11:52 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Stella Nation wrote:
I expect Dupree (new contract), Bostic (we're already thin at LB as Fort will probably be gone), Heyward Bey (somehow he always makes the team) and Foster (team friendly contract) will stay. Burnett, Hunter and Gilbert are gone. Burns, Ridley and McCullers will get their chance in preseason against possible FA's and rookies and might not make the final cut.

I kinda think Burnett will be gone before camp. Shop him around see if we can get an 8th round pick for him. so who gets cut 3798349058

so who gets cut 2573146105

_________________
so who gets cut $_35
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 936
Likes : 377
Join date : 2011-04-08

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptyFri Feb 22, 2019 9:36 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
It's hard to argue with your predictions, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Dupree stick around.

so who gets cut 903924208 bite your tongue.

I didn't want to be right. No



jebus...he has 6 freakin sacks... so who gets cut 1505004552  authur moats was putting up 4 sacks with very limited playing time and a small salary. every year i like colbert (and tomlin ) a little less. there's a reason why belechik owns the steelers...because the steelers suck at picking who stays and who goes. belichek can trade his top receiver and STILL win a superbowl.

hell RObert Kraft ALWAYS gets the happy ending... so who gets cut 312503953 see what i did there ? so who gets cut 2800024739
Back to top Go down
Wallace108

Wallace108

Posts : 17876
Likes : 1528
Join date : 2011-04-03
Location : Y'Town, Ohio

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 12:06 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
It's hard to argue with your predictions, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Dupree stick around.

so who gets cut 903924208 bite your tongue.

I didn't want to be right. No



jebus...he has 6 freakin sacks... so who gets cut 1505004552  authur moats was putting up 4 sacks with very limited playing time and a small salary. every year i like colbert (and tomlin ) a little less. there's a reason why belechik owns the steelers...because the steelers suck at picking who stays and who goes. belichek can trade his top receiver and STILL win a superbowl.

hell RObert Kraft ALWAYS gets the happy ending... so who gets cut 312503953    see what i did there ? so who gets cut 2800024739

I think you wrote that entire post just to set up the last line. Kudos. so who gets cut 1664291743

_________________
so who gets cut Juju10

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
Master_Of_Puppets



Posts : 936
Likes : 377
Join date : 2011-04-08

so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut EmptySat Feb 23, 2019 9:38 pm

@Wallace108 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
@Wallace108 wrote:
It's hard to argue with your predictions, although I wouldn't be surprised to see Dupree stick around.

so who gets cut 903924208 bite your tongue.

I didn't want to be right. No



jebus...he has 6 freakin sacks... so who gets cut 1505004552  authur moats was putting up 4 sacks with very limited playing time and a small salary. every year i like colbert (and tomlin ) a little less. there's a reason why belechik owns the steelers...because the steelers suck at picking who stays and who goes. belichek can trade his top receiver and STILL win a superbowl.

hell RObert Kraft ALWAYS gets the happy ending... so who gets cut 312503953    see what i did there ? so who gets cut 2800024739

I think you wrote that entire post just to set up the last line. Kudos. so who gets cut 1664291743

to be honest i edited it a few seconds after ust to add that ... so who gets cut 1797695198
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




so who gets cut Empty
PostSubject: Re: so who gets cut   so who gets cut Empty

Back to top Go down
 
so who gets cut
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: