HomeSteelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic Home10FAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jak341

jak341

Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic Empty
PostSubject: Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic   Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 4:39 am

https://twitter.com/steelers/status/1122286983152324610?s=19
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic   Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 5:46 am

They did him a favor cutting him now so he can have a better shot signing somewhere before camp.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic   Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic EmptySun Apr 28, 2019 12:33 pm

i was thinking maaaaybe they would / should keep him as the backup. obviously he is better than dirty red. i guess saving that 1 million difference in their cap number was more important..
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic   Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic EmptyMon Apr 29, 2019 5:49 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
i was thinking maaaaybe they would / should keep him as the  backup. obviously he is better than dirty red. i guess saving that 1 million difference in their cap number was more important..

Isn't Matakevitch a STer as well as a backup? I'd think that factored in.
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic   Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic EmptyThu May 02, 2019 3:39 am

i was thinking maaaaybe they would / should keep him as the  backup. obviously he is better than dirty red. i guess saving that 1 million difference in their cap number was more important..

Dirty Red is a special teams ace, that's how he has held on as long as he has.

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic   Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic EmptyThu May 02, 2019 3:52 pm

@solardave wrote:

ok, but i'd be a bit surprised if jon bostic was unable to make a special teams tackle. special teams is all about "want to". any player not afraid of a collision can play special teams. heyward bay stuck in the NFL as long as he did because of "want to". his "want to", was to keep collecting an NFL check so he gave an effort on special teams.

i'm not saying good special team tacklers aren't important, but to keep a lesser backup who may be called into the starter lineup at any given time just seems illogical. i mean they didn't they sign bostic because dirty red wasn't up to snuff as a starter?
Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic   Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic EmptyFri May 03, 2019 3:24 am

@solardave wrote:

ok, but i'd be a bit surprised if jon bostic was unable to make a special teams tackle. special teams is all about "want to". any player not afraid of a collision can play special teams.  heyward bay stuck in the NFL as long as he did because of "want to". his "want to", was to keep collecting an NFL check so he gave an effort on special teams.

i'm not saying good special team tacklers aren't important, but to keep a lesser backup who may be called into the starter lineup at any given time just seems illogical. i mean they didn't they sign bostic because dirty red wasn't up to snuff as a starter?

Matekavich is a very good special teams player though. Not only does he have the "want to" and is a good tackler on ST, he's been a little bit of a playmaker on ST here and there which is something that's been sorely lacking for the Steelers as of late. Plus he's probably cheaper than Bostic, and Bostic was no better at ILB than Matekavich. Bostic wasn't setting the world on fire.

Back to top Go down
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic   Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic EmptyFri May 24, 2019 3:55 am

Bostic is now a 49er. Foster whom they signed after his legal issues apparently tore his ACL at OTAs and they signed Bostic to fill the void.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic   Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers Terminated the Contract Of Jon Bostic
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: