HomeSteelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option Home10FAQRegisterLog inContact
Become a member of the Steelers Xtreme community to join in on the discussions and get access to members-only forums. Registering is free and easy.

Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wallace108

Wallace108

Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option Empty
PostSubject: Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option   Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option EmptyFri May 03, 2019 6:29 pm

The Steelers have elected not to pick up the fifth-year option on cornerback Artie Burns, and he will become a free agent after the 2019 season, a source told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Burns, a No. 1 pick in 2016, would have cost the Steelers $9,594,000 in 2020 if the team exercised the option. He will count $3,051,677 against the salary cap this season.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/05/03/Steelers-not-picking-up-CB-Artie-Burns-2020-option/stories/201905030084

If you're going to be a smart ass, you'd better be smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.steelersxtreme.com/
IowaSteeler927

IowaSteeler927

PostSubject: Re: Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option   Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option EmptySat May 04, 2019 2:22 am

In other news water is wet, and fire burns. Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option 1797695198

RIP Tyler Sash #9. Greatest Hawkeye Safety to ever don the black & gold.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyGLM8goxBzHK5YBJBS9uaQ
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option   Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option EmptySat May 04, 2019 4:03 am

Based on what we've seen from him in 3 years this is a logical move. It's a shame too because he has the potential but apparently not the short memory needed to play in the NFL. Even guys like Rod Woodsen got beat on occasion. It's what you do after that to bounce back that makes you good or even great.

I have to think there's a disconnect there with Burns.
Back to top Go down
jak341

jak341

PostSubject: Burns   Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option EmptySat May 04, 2019 8:10 am

Not surprised. Has all the tools, but can't put a total product on the field.
Back to top Go down
SteelerFreak58

SteelerFreak58

PostSubject: Re: Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option   Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option EmptySun May 05, 2019 1:03 am

ArtieCHOKE Burns... ;)
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option   Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option EmptyMon May 06, 2019 4:27 pm

he will be a free agent this year, not 2020. no way they are paying him 3 million this year to ride the bench.the free agent signing plus drafting a CB was the writing on the wall.
Back to top Go down
solardave

solardave

PostSubject: Re: Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option   Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option EmptyTue May 07, 2019 10:38 am

@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:
he will be a free agent this year, not 2020. no way they are paying him 3 million this year to ride the bench.the free agent signing plus drafting a CB was the writing on the wall.

This will be year #4. He was drafted in '16 so he will technically be a free agent at the end of this year. Being that his cap hit is just north of 3 million I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right. My question is what is the deadline to release him to save the cash? I don't see anyone offering anything more in way of a pick than we would get as compensation so I don't see us trading him.
Back to top Go down
Master_Of_Puppets

PostSubject: Re: Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option   Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option EmptyTue May 07, 2019 3:56 pm

@solardave wrote:
@Master_Of_Puppets wrote:

This will be year #4. He was drafted in '16 so he will technically be a free agent at the end of this year. Being that his cap hit is just north of 3 million I wouldn't be at all surprised if you're right. My question is what is the deadline to release him to save the cash? I don't see anyone offering anything more in way of a pick than we would get as compensation so I don't see us trading him.

maybe june 1st Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option 2087824411 ...don't see how it saves money though. his cap hit would be about 1.3 mill

Explaining the June 1st Designation
https://overthecap.com/explaining-the-june-1st-designation/

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option   Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option Empty

Back to top Go down

Steelers decline CB Artie Burns' fifth-year option
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Football & Other Sports :: Steelers Talk-
Jump to: